users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea Mobs Disappearing
Abyssea Mobs Disappearing
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-12-07 19:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if I am alone here, but yesterday (after the maint) We did a Murex party in Vunk, and we were alone so no lag... and every once and a while a murex would just, defade and disappear... I was on SMN at one time, i ODIN'd one (2 behind it) and it just depoped and i had to wait 45s for recast of ODIN. I'm in a Mis(A) party now and i've seen a few birds just disappear too.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-07 19:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Check update notes this was mentioned.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-07 19:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What did the update notes say?
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-12-07 19:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I just called the scooby gang to investigate.
 Cerberus.Delsus
Server: Cerberus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-12-07 19:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:

SE said:
Monsters who appear at boosted levels will vanish and reappear at their regular level if not engaged in battle.

That was under additions and ajustments to abyssea
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-07 20:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah,understood. Rin, you aren't killing fast enough!
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-12-07 20:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ha ha nevil
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-12-07 20:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Delsus said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:

SE said:
Monsters who appear at boosted levels will vanish and reappear at their regular level if not engaged in battle.

That was under additions and ajustments to abyssea

sowhat does this mean? no more fell cleave burn and stuff like that?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [4732 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Oraine
Server: Asura
user: crazy00
By Asura.Oraine 2023-11-22 01:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

did anyone ever figure this out? I dont see the point in it at all. Its not all the mobs in every zone despawn. its usually the ones that hold pop items for an NM that drops a KI. #makeFFXIgreatAgain
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-11-22 01:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It means you're not killing the mob fast enough, the mob got bored and go home, letting their lower level kids out to play. Kill faster and they won't disappear.
[+]
 Asura.Oraine
user: crazy00
By Asura.Oraine 2023-11-22 01:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »
It means you're not killing the mob fast enough, the mob got bored and go home, letting their lower level kids out to play. Kill faster and they won't disappear.

lmao i just happened to get there in time to see it happen tonight. I just dont understand what they were thinking. was it to hurt the ppl that couldnt kill fast enough back in the day? SE doesnt do something for no reason.
By Felgarr 2023-11-22 02:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed this today where Aby La Theine worms had maybe 3 worms in the whole area when I approached that area.

I also noticed it in Aby Misareaux Raptors near flux#04.

I suspect this could be a way to slim down server utilization, it wouldn't be unrealistic in 2023, if SE were to set zones to 'sleep' if no one enters them for hours on end.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-22 02:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Oraine said: »
did anyone ever figure this out? I dont see the point in it at all. Its not all the mobs in every zone despawn. its usually the ones that hold pop items for an NM that drops a KI. #makeFFXIgreatAgain
There's a system in place for that.
Each mob in Abyssea is divided in a "sub zone".
Each sub zone tipically has monsters of a single family.

Monsters levels in Abyssea work differently from the areas outside. Their range is "dynamic".
The more you kill a certain family, the more their average level window goes up, within a certain limit of course, they won't go up infintely.
Every time this average level thing changes, the monsters will slowly depop, and soon after they will repop with the new average level window.

Using fake numbers to give an example.
Let's say Lizards in Abyssea Kon are currently within the window of level 70-72. Meaning each of the lizard that pops will be either level 70, 71 or 72.
You kill them long enough and their average level will go up. Now they will pop within the window of 71-73.
Kill them enough and they will go up to the window of 72-74, and so on until they reach the maximum possible level for that family/subzone

Mine is probably an oversimplification, but that's roughly how sub-zones work in Abyssea and why sometimes you see an entire family slowly disappearing only to re-appear shortly after.
The disappear/reappear thing happens in reverse too.
Leave a family untouched long enough and they will depop and repop with a lower level etc.
The disappearence/repop thing happens every time the server adjusts (raises/lowers) the level thing for that family.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-22 13:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Oraine said: »
There's a system in place for that.
Each mob in Abyssea is divided in a "sub zone".
Each sub zone tipically has monsters of a single family.

Monsters levels in Abyssea work differently from the areas outside. Their range is "dynamic".
The more you kill a certain family, the more their average level window goes up, within a certain limit of course, they won't go up infintely.
Every time this average level thing changes, the monsters will slowly depop, and soon after they will repop with the new average level window.

Using fake numbers to give an example.
Let's say Lizards in Abyssea Kon are currently within the window of level 70-72. Meaning each of the lizard that pops will be either level 70, 71 or 72.
You kill them long enough and their average level will go up. Now they will pop within the window of 71-73.
Kill them enough and they will go up to the window of 72-74, and so on until they reach the maximum possible level for that family/subzone

Mine is probably an oversimplification, but that's roughly how sub-zones work in Abyssea and why sometimes you see an entire family slowly disappearing only to re-appear shortly after.
The disappear/reappear thing happens in reverse too.
Leave a family untouched long enough and they will depop and repop with a lower level etc.
The disappearence/repop thing happens every time the server adjusts (raises/lowers) the level thing for that family.

Learned something today. Thanks for that!
By Pantafernando 2023-11-22 14:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Those trees in aby attohwa never failed me to disapear like that when i try to build amber lights for feets there