Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Bonecraft » Bonecraft 69-79
Bonecraft 69-79
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-19 13:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so my plan was to get to 70 making Demon's rings and then at 70 start making Tigerfangs(79) with advanced support and my Protective Spectacles. But I just dinged 69 and went through 13 demon horns without a skill up so I really don't want to waste anymore money on that. So was thinking of doing the Tigerfangs plan at 69 instead. Was going to farm a TON of black tiger fangs and scorpion shells and buy some stacks of carbon fiber, then with advanced support and my spectacles I was hoping I could make a few and get some skill ups. They sell for a decent amount at the NPCs so if I can at least make 2 from each stack of carbon fiber I'll be about break even. Any more is a bit of profit. Any thoughts on the 10 level gap?
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-19 22:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

*bump* :P
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-20 15:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, *bump again* ^^;
 Shiva.Ethereal
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-02-20 15:35:44
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you got it all figured out yourself. I have no crafting experience so I trust your judgment.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-20 15:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... If you max out your +'s...

79 - 3 (support) - 1 (shades) - .5 (day) - .5 (moon) -.5 (direction) = That should put you at about 3.5 which is ideal for skill-ups as far as I know... But you need conditions to be just right.

You could probably do some Demon Knives (73) to get a bit closer or also Coral Hairpins (77).
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-02-20 15:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

stick with the tiger fangs. you will break a good bit @ start but it will pay off more. I used them @ lv 69 to 77-79 then just started making RR hairpins. The more you farm the better.
 Garuda.Vlacatocc
Server: Garuda
user: Eyera
By Garuda.Vlacatocc 2009-03-09 11:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the TigerFangs as early as possible. It's quite a cheap synth and they sell for a good price to NPCs. It's by far the best option in that range. If I remember correctly, I started doing those about 15 levels before the cap.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-09 11:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Any synth that sells to npc for a good price or god forbid actually gets you a profit is a god send. Read guides and do as much research as you can on prices (how much can you buy/sell ingredients/result, to/from npc's/guild merchants/AH, are city AH's cheaper/more supply etc.) and work it out.

Also, don't forget that there's no point spending an hour to farm a stack of tiger fangs when you could farm something else for an hour and make enough money to buy two stacks. The only reason you should ever farm your ingredients directly is if it's the only way you can get enough of a supply.
 Ragnarok.Glade
Server: Ragnarok
user: Glade98
By Ragnarok.Glade 2009-03-16 09:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiger Fangs are a good idea for that level, yeah you'll break alot with that high of a gap but if you're farming the fangs you wont be at much of a gil loss. Good luck and keep it up! you'll get there soon.
 Kujata.Onishinigami
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Onishinigami 2009-03-17 01:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea trust me. I did the tigerfang route instead of coral frags and you will break at alot at first but it will be worth it .