New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » New Spells via Dat Mine
New Spells via Dat Mine
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-06 23:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Delta Thrust doing 800~900 in STR gear about a 10 second recast too and at 28MP a pop i love it
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-07 07:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Charged Whisker(4 set points) + Everyone's Grudge(4 set points) = Gilfinder
Dream Flower(3 set points) = Magic Attack Bonus
Winds of Promyvion(5 set points) = Auto Refresh (4 points)
Reaving Wind(4 set points) = Magic Burst Bonus
Occultation(3 set points) = Evasion Bonus
Thermal Pulse(3 set points) = Attack Bonus
Empty Thrash(3 set points) = Double Attack
Delta Thrust(2 set points) = Dual Wield

Edit: and all four DW spells = DW2.

Props to Rena from BG for this information.

Winds of Promyvion can replace Plasma Charge or Actinic Burst and still keep Auto Refresh. My main set will probably get rid of Plasma Charge(nice stats, but I never use the spell).

Empty Thrash allows a 6 spell point cost for Double Attack without the downside of -STR from Demoralizing Roar.

Dual Wield 2 can be achieved, or you can set it for as few as 6 points now instead of 8 or 7.

I hear Charged Whisker can get some pretty decent numbers(at least in abyssea).

Occultation is 7 shadows, quick cast, and about 1 minute recast with haste and in haste gear.
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2010-12-07 09:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Done some quick testing with Occulation, Empty Thrash, and Delta Thrust.

Occulation is 7 shadows but acts like blink. It is possible to get hit on the monster's second attack, although very rare. Usually blocks around 3-4 before it starts to get iffy.

Empty Thrash seems weak. Have yet to try it with Sneak Attack but just the fact that it is accuracy varies with tp makes me think it will have nothing on benthic/vanity drive. Also, the only SC it makes with sword WS is burning/red lotus blade >>> Empty Thrash = Scission. I am guessing it is on the same spot on SC chart as fast blade so may be able to close distortion.

Delta Thrust is definitly interesting. 10 second recast with a tiny bit of haste gear that is on my spell casting set and haste. And very low mp cost of 28 mp. Will never out damage quad/disserv/goblin rush unless it has some hella weird mods but almost seems like SE's attempt at giving blu some sort of sustainable DoT spell. Makes Fusion off of Savage Blade and Liquefaction off of Expiacion so same spot as jet stream I believe.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-07 10:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said:
Done some quick testing with Occulation, Empty Thrash, and Delta Thrust. Occulation is 7 shadows but acts like blink. It is possible to get hit on the monster's second attack, although very rare. Usually blocks around 3-4 before it starts to get iffy. Empty Thrash seems weak. Have yet to try it with Sneak Attack but just the fact that it is accuracy varies with tp makes me think it will have nothing on benthic/vanity drive. Also, the only SC it makes with sword WS is burning/red lotus blade >>> Empty Thrash = Scission. I am guessing it is on the same spot on SC chart as fast blade so may be able to close distortion. Delta Thrust is definitly interesting. 10 second recast with a tiny bit of haste gear that is on my spell casting set and haste. And very low mp cost of 28 mp. Will never out damage quad/disserv/goblin rush unless it has some hella weird mods but almost seems like SE's attempt at giving blu some sort of sustainable DoT spell. Makes Fusion off of Savage Blade and Liquefaction off of Expiacion so same spot as jet stream I believe.

Sounds like the new bludgeon. What type of attack is it? Piercing I'm guessing. I'm kind of hoping it's slashing, we don't really have enough of those.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-12-07 21:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So, can't seem to find this anywhere... what level is Thermal Pulse? It's the only spell I haven't learned yet cuz Wamouracampas are ***. >_>

Edit: Also, what are the stat bonuses on it?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-07 21:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
So, can't seem to find this anywhere... what level is Thermal Pulse? It's the only spell I haven't learned yet cuz Wamouracampas are ***. >_>
It's the only spell I've tried to learn so far, supposed to be level 86, but I killed about 10 wamoura princes and none of them used it. I don't recall anything about any division in these mobs in which tp moves they use, but I'm about to go for all my spells now, so I'll try again in abyssea...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-12-07 21:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They only use it when uncurled, and any high damage causes them to curl up. >_> Guessing you gotta just stick to meleeing and Head Butt or something...
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-12-07 22:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really interested in how much Charged Whisker and Everyone's Grudge can really do, they don't seem that bad.

With very shitty "nuking" gear (no AF3+1 feet/hands either) and /RDM, Everyone's Grudge kept giving me a consistent 1100+, with 1400+ on Burst Affinity.
 Sylph.Kwate
Server: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-12-08 12:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Thermal Pulse, key is to keep them in open state by auto-attacking and use bludgeon here and there, the minute you use our high level spells it will close up and spam heat barrier and cannonball.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-08 13:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
I'm really interested in how much Charged Whisker and Everyone's Grudge can really do, they don't seem that bad.

With very shitty "nuking" gear (no AF3+1 feet/hands either) and /RDM, Everyone's Grudge kept giving me a consistent 1100+, with 1400+ on Burst Affinity.
Grudge is going to be really powerful. INT primary, 40% MND secondary, and a whopping 5.0 fTP. Charged Whisker's fTP is a bit lower (4.5 iirc) and it's 50% DEX instead, but still INT primary so you can make it work. Both have a 2.0 multiplier. I'm glad to have dark and thunder elemental spells that use my INT gear now, as it's considerably better than my MND and CHR gear and gets the full benefits of atmas (MM sup). Now if they'd just give us a new ice nuke...
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-08 13:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
I'm really interested in how much Charged Whisker and Everyone's Grudge can really do, they don't seem that bad. With very shitty "nuking" gear (no AF3+1 feet/hands either) and /RDM, Everyone's Grudge kept giving me a consistent 1100+, with 1400+ on Burst Affinity.
Grudge is going to be really powerful. INT primary, 40% MND secondary, and a whopping 5.0 fTP. Charged Whisker's fTP is a bit lower (4.5 iirc) and it's 50% DEX instead, but still INT primary so you can make it work. Both have a 2.0 multiplier. I'm glad to have dark and thunder elemental spells that use my INT gear now, as it's considerably better than my MND and CHR gear and gets the full benefits of atmas (MM sup). Now if they'd just give us a new ice nuke...

So, you think it will be feasible to use these in a magic burst or stick to spamming physical spells?
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-08 15:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
I'm really interested in how much Charged Whisker and Everyone's Grudge can really do, they don't seem that bad. With very shitty "nuking" gear (no AF3+1 feet/hands either) and /RDM, Everyone's Grudge kept giving me a consistent 1100+, with 1400+ on Burst Affinity.

So, you think it will be feasible to use these in a magic burst or stick to spamming physical spells?

Magic bursting : Not even BLM do it why would a blu.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-08 15:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Ingraham said:

Grudge doesn't MB off SB > QC, so I'm gonna go with no. If it did then it might be worthwhile if you could get big numbers without having to dedicate too many set points (preferably /RDM for instance) or change atmas, but I don't know either way yet. Probably not.
 Cerberus.Sey
Server: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-12-08 15:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jar said:

We don't rely on others to get skillchains for us.
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-12-08 15:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm I might give both EG and CW a whirl on bursting since we can solo both light and dark SC. Gonna do some testing outside of abyss, for more realistic numbers, now I'm intrigued.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-08 15:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sey said:
Jar said:

We don't rely on others to get skillchains for us.

Wrong BLU dont MB because the MP cost on magic spell is crazy what these new spells 170~200 wtf that 2 QC... or what like 8 Delta thrusts

HUGE waste of MP. and unless your solo your MB going to get messed up too becuase no one holds for MB anymore.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sey
Server: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-12-08 16:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

True that most BLUs skillchains are always getting interrupted, but before the Sept update the BLMs in my LS were always ready for my Darkness SC marco. Now that I mostly do Distortion SC, I MB Regurgitation for the hell of it.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-08 16:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well back to what matters I have Free Time ill have mods for Physical spells soon testing now(delta thrust) seeing AGI mod but i just started so i could be wrong need alot more casts
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-12-08 16:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

In a solo environment, its always welcome to try something different, mp efficiency I'm with ya on that, but be fun to nuke something off a SC for once and do some serious damage if all goes well.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-08 16:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kwate said:
In a solo environment, its always welcome to try something different, mp efficiency I'm with ya on that, but be fun to nuke something off a SC for once and do some serious damage if all goes well.

i just stated that it is not worth it mp wise but, fun wise i do agree i love MBing wish it was more useful but saddly it isn't ;;
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-08 23:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Jar said:
kk im calling this early but goin with DEX20~% agi20~% mod after about 300 casts of Delta thrust

Odd ones... guess it will be hard to gear for this because between PDIF and Fstr STR will add way more Damage than the real mods..
Usual big three build it is! I'm getting slack in my old age, still using big three build for everything. But since all my STR gear also has DEX, that works pretty well for most spells anyway, and AGI... pfft, *** that, same reason I don't have an eyes on me build.

As for new spells, Grudge has really good range, slightly more than regurgitation, but still not exactly amazing damage considering the MP cost, we'll see how it works on a higher than level 30 mob though...

Occultation, while massively expensive for MP is actually really handy. Casts about as fast as ni and is MUCH less likely to be interrupted making it GREAT for emergencies. Yes, you can be hit through it, and an aoe will wipe it, but if gives you a very solid chance of getting utsu back up, or curing/sleeping/binding/whatever. Would also be useful for a crowd control "oh ***" moment with multiple mobs hitting you.

Delta thrust damage is nothing special, even for the low MP cost from the couple of times I've used it, but the plague effect seems to land well and be quite powerful. The greater amphiptere I used it on didn't tp on me at all for about half the fight (not that there's any guarantee a mob will tp before 25%), until I realised how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE I was being since I actually wanted the amph to use tp moves...

I used occultation a couple times on the amph too and it worked really well. Ichi also over-writes it, so after casting, you have time to cast a couple quick spells and then put up ichi at your leisure. Both times the amph took off 4 shadows in a row without hitting me, I was probably just lucky though.

The one spell I'm really confused about is dream flower, another sleepga II dark based plant based spell, but for twice the MP. What's the point? I *think* it has a wider range, but haven't tested that yet, which could be the one thing that makes it useful.
 Bismarck.Rydin
Server: Bismarck
user: Ryden
By Bismarck.Rydin 2010-12-09 00:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone messed with Reaving Wind yet? 'Cause it's proving to be a *** and a half to get for a spell that seems like another Feather Tickle :/

I really wanna know what smart *** thought it'd be a good idea to put a spell off those mobs as learnable. Been killing Amps in glacier for 3 hours and the *** don't want to use the move or they're in a horrible place to kite around and we get more agro than we know what to do with. I just wonder if it's worth wasting the time and exp to get the thing for anything other than completions sake.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-09 00:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard it's more potent than Feather Tickle by a decent margin, but nothing concrete yet. Got it from Turul myself, still need one more Kaftan...

And uh, wasting EXP? Please be joking.
 Seraph.Ryden
Server: Seraph
user: Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2010-12-09 00:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah We're trying to get it in glaicer (S) the hardest part seems to be trying to pull it to a spot without getting spotted by the imps that roam the top area, or accidental Ice ele agro when you're not paying attention. (The latter's caused more deaths than the imps lol) The mobs are fun to kill, I can just do with out the extra agro floating around.

Getting it from Turul probably seems more reliable I seem to recall him using it pretty frequently? That the best option to get this spell or should I keep poking around the glaicer XD
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-12-09 01:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ravant said:
Looks like its 7 shadows and attacks can and will still go through.

I was told, maybe a rumor... that this is not always 100% though...

Note, I did say rumor...

Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-09 10:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Glacier? Stop being a pussy and go to Xarc. Solo'd mine, died the first time with the mob at 8% 'cause he wouldn't *** use it, then went 1/1 the next time in a much smoother fight. If you tank from the side (or possibly behind?) bloody beak will miss you... Wonder if that works for Turul and Amhuluk too.

Neon, seriously, don't speak. It's a piss easy spell to get and it takes all of 2 hours to get from level 85 to 90, it's confirmed and confirmed, 7 shadows, blink not copy image.
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-09 13:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

me and friend still testing new spells for mods they are......... odd.............. i think the dex and agi are close but he is dissagreeing saying he is seeing a str mod well w/e will have mods when we finally see enough casts to agree lol
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-09 15:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah wee tested together and are gunna call it 40%STR 40%VIT i trust him cus he got all the mods right last update from his testing xD
[+]