Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Getting Red !! in Abyssea
Getting Red !! in Abyssea
First Page 2
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Itachi 2010-12-03 15:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

After some research, we've learned that procing blue or green !! is related to when you pop/claim an NM and it's not just a random physical WS(Blue) or spell(green). What about Red though? Is it always a random elemental WS or can we narrow down the WS's? I raise this question out of curiosity and because I have time to spare due to magian trials. Has anyone else ever thought of this and tested it out? It would be nice to not have to cycle through every elemental WS for Atma/Key item.

My thought is that Red !! is related to claim/pop time of an NM much like Blue/Green !! are. It could possibly be time oriented much like Blue or day based like Green. Thoughts?
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-03 15:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea#Weakness_Targeting

Pfft making a thread when you could just look on the wiki.......

*lol edit better link
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-03 15:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

From all the key item farming I've done, I can 100% say its completely random, and the KI trigger is always the ws you don't have available.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-12-03 15:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
After some research, we've learned that procing blue or green !! is related to when you pop/claim an NM and it's not just a random physical WS(Blue) or spell(green). What about Red though? Is it always a random elemental WS or can we narrow down the WS's? I raise this question out of curiosity and because I have time to spare due to magian trials. Has anyone else ever thought of this and tested it out? It would be nice to not have to cycle through every elemental WS for Atma/Key item.

My thought is that Red !! is related to claim/pop time of an NM much like Blue/Green !! are. It could possibly be time oriented much like Blue or day based like Green. Thoughts?
Did we go back in time a couple months?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-03 15:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said:
Siren.Itachi said:

Did we go back in time a couple months?
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:
From all the key item farming I've done, I can 100% say its completely random, and the KI trigger is always Koki.
Wow omg you all are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

Jar said:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea#Weakness_Targeting

Pfft making a thread when you could just look on the wiki.......

*lol edit better link

</thread>
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-12-03 15:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people know that elemental WS's trigger Red. That's not what's being discussed/questioned here. The point of this thread is to look for a pattern to proc Red !!'s more quickly instead of going through nearly the entire list. We all know how annoying NMs may be at times either spamming WS's or casting spells. A much quicker way would be more time efficient and welcomed.

Edit: If you did not catch what was being discussed the first time, you should learn to read more carefully.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eliane
Server: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2010-12-03 15:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In months and months of proccing red !!, there had been no pattern or correlation about days of the week, moon phases, time popped, position popped, direction facing or anything that would narrow it down to a certain amount of weaponskills.

I think it really is just one of 13 weaponskills unless it is something silly like the Vana date or something..
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-03 15:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
Most people know that elemental WS's trigger Red. That's not what's being discussed/questioned here. The point of this thread is to look for a pattern to proc Red !!'s more quickly instead of going through nearly the entire list. We all know how annoying NMs may be at times either spamming WS's or casting spells. A much quicker way would be more time efficient and welcomed.

Try following the link that lists all Possible spells and weaponskills to trigger along with how days and times work.

links just a few posts a.... Right after your first post.

There is no correlation between pop/clame time/day and WS element at all.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-12-03 15:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eliane said:
In months and months of proccing red !!, there had been no pattern or correlation about days of the week, moon phases, time popped, position popped, direction facing or anything that would narrow it down to a certain amount of weaponskills.

I think it really is just one of 13 weaponskills unless it is something silly like the Vana date or something..

Hmmm... have any visible information? I don't doubt that this may be the only way but it would be great to be more certain.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-03 15:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll have to excuse 90% of the FFXIAH population (and most of the game population for that matter) as they tend to just throw wiki links up instead of thinking outside the box or helping to discover new things.
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-03 15:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
You'll have to excuse 90% of the FFXIAH population (and most of the game population for that matter) as they tend to just throw wiki links up instead of thinking outside the box or helping to discover new things.
It has been tested that's why I put it on the wiki. derp.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-12-03 15:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jar said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

Wiki is not infallible and they have not ruled out the possibility of a pattern. Also, Wiki has been wrong before.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-12-03 15:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience, it's whatever WS Ryaan happens to be using.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-03 15:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jar said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Forgive me i was unaware you putting something on wiki made it a 100% fact and that it was unchangeable by anyone else ever.
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-03 15:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
Jar said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

Wiki is not infallible and they have not ruled out the possibility of a pattern. Also, Wiki has been wrong before.

Ok so you're sayin i am wrong, k I'm a derp forget the testing I did. your hunch about the logic I based my testing on is obviously right. I'll go fix the wiki post haste.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-03 15:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Jar said:
Siren.Itachi said:
Jar said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

Ok so you're wrong, k I'm a derp forget the testing I did. your hunch about the logic I based my testing on is obviously right. I'll go fix the wiki post haste.
My hunch? You must have me confused with someone who actually gives a *** about a single thing you say lol.
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-03 15:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Jar said:
Siren.Itachi said:
Jar said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

Ok so you're wrong, k I'm a derp forget the testing I did. your hunch about the logic I based my testing on is obviously right. I'll go fix the wiki post haste.
My hunch? You must have me confused with someone who actually gives a *** about a single thing you say lol.

You sir are not quoted.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-03 15:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

holy ***.

back to the OP: nah man no one has figured out any type of relation for red!! it seems to be random one of the 13 WS. If anyone is gonna find anything it's going to be BG though.

One thing I will say is more time has probably been spent on red!! than any other !! and still no pattern has revealed itself
[+]
By RingmastersWord 2010-12-03 16:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does it seem that whenever someone posts an actual question, especially one that could help everyone, people forgot their Adderall that week?

This was a completely legit question, and not just something being asked out of entire laziness like some. Yet people find it important to be rude/*** and just shoot wiki links or cry about them clicking into a topic, reading, and realizing they think they knew the answer.

I think most of the population on this forum needs to learn to re-read 2-3 times, even if they know every word of what they read the first time. Just to make sure.

Wiki info is posted by the same people that are morons on all the forums, just rechecked and retested over and over, and still refined. To say this is late etc, is just ignorant. Hell look at ephem info, its still being edited back and forth and fully tested.

***changes, is rediscovered, and refined. I think this is why so many people are becoming so bitter in and out of game with these topics. If you have a respectful response then post it. Even something like:

"I believe this has been fully tested and posted on wiki at " my_fucked_wiki_link" or "other_buried_bitching_thread@ffxiah.com"

Anyway to answer as at least one person who really did read had said,
from my experience it seems to be just one of them, with no real pattern, tho seems to be able to flex over the fight, changing for whatever reason making things need to be tried again if some period of time is over?

Id be more interested in seeing if it changes by mob family|day|moon|ect. Seems somewhat odd that the other 2 have such specific things to lower the amount avail. Tho I suppose esp for the magic, if not refined by 3 days you would have far to many to go threw. Anyway good luck with any testing you manage to do, eventually I'm sure we'll all get together with some tiny amount of data we got and make something useful.

--And to make things clear from my side of things, I'm currently waiting on my Adderall to kick in, hence my annoyance/pissy post half defeating its purpose.--
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-03 16:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

RingmastersWord said:
Wiki info is posted by the same people that are morons on all the forums, just rechecked and retested over and over, and still refined. To say this is late etc, is just ignorant. Hell look at ephem info, its still being edited back and forth and fully tested.

I think for the first time ever, someone with an anon account gave me a woody as a result of usefulness. <3
[+]
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-03 16:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jar said:
Siren.Itachi said:

Try following the link that lists all Possible spells and weaponskills to trigger along with how days and times work.

From the link:

"The exact weapon skill is random, but it will always be at least one of those listed below. At this time there are no indicators that spawn or claim time are linked to the trigger element."

You do realize everyone is discussing RED !! right?
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-03 17:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Purpleeyes said:
Jar said:
Siren.Itachi said:

From the link:

"The exact weapon skill is random, but it will always be at least one of those listed below. At this time there are no indicators that spawn or claim time are linked to the trigger element."

yes and
is what tells ppl the answer.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-03 17:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

RingmastersWord said:
Why does it seem that whenever someone posts an actual question, especially one that could help everyone, people forgot their Adderall that week?

This was a completely legit question, and not just something being asked out of entire laziness like some. Yet people find it important to be rude/*** and just shoot wiki links or cry about them clicking into a topic, reading, and realizing they think they knew the answer.

I think most of the population on this forum needs to learn to re-read 2-3 times, even if they know every word of what they read the first time. Just to make sure.

***changes, is rediscovered, and refined. I think this is why so many people are becoming so bitter in and out of game with these topics. If you have a respectful response then post it. Even something like:

"I believe this has been fully tested and posted on wiki at " my_fucked_wiki_link" or "other_buried_bitching_thread@ffxiah.com"

Anyway to answer as at least one person who really did read had said,
from my experience it seems to be just one of them, with no real pattern, tho seems to be able to flex over the fight, changing for whatever reason making things need to be tried again if some period of time is over?

Id be more interested in seeing if it changes by mob family|day|moon|ect. Seems somewhat odd that the other 2 have such specific things to lower the amount avail. Tho I suppose esp for the magic, if not refined by 3 days you would have far to many to go threw. Anyway good luck with any testing you manage to do, eventually I'm sure we'll all get together with some tiny amount of data we got and make something useful.

--And to make things clear from my side of things, I'm currently waiting on my Adderall to kick in, hence my annoyance/pissy post half defeating its purpose.--

13 is REally low for a triger

for Yellow its a random one of 24 spells

and for blue its a random one of 15 spread through 3-4 weapons with job based Weaponskills

Making red the easiest one to trigger yet the one your mad about not being even easier?
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-12-03 17:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I love people like jar. Call everyone HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE yet spell claim "clame". *** idiot.
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-03 17:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said:
I love people like jar. Call everyone HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE yet spell claim "clame". *** idiot.

Yet I state a valid point while you grammar nazi a come back.

By Purpleeyes 2010-12-03 17:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Jar said:
Purpleeyes said:
Jar said:
Siren.Itachi said:

From the link:

yes and
is what tells ppl the answer.

No it doesn't tell people the answer because...

Quote:
"At this time there are no indicators that spawn or claim time are linked to the trigger element."

"At this time" ...In other words it is unknown whether or not there is a direct link with red !!s and claim time/day/whatever. This thread isn't about what weapon skills activate red !!. The thread is asking about a link with red !!s and claim time/day/etc. The only people who know the answer are the people involved in making this game, and we know they don't release all the information regarding this game.

Yes, there is a list on wiki with the weapon skills that trigger RED !! which is widely accepted. Everyone knows that, but that isn't the point of this thread. He's asking if anyone has found/noticed a pattern which hasn't been discovered yet.

Just because it isn't on wiki doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
First Page 2