Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Sharing NMs
Abyssea - Sharing NMs
By Halfpint 2010-11-22 11:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Went into attowha over the weekend, being a RDM was at Percy and we wipped (draw-in, bind, poison, WS, -aga spell was all said and done in about 5 seconds) , another alliance grabbed the mob and killed it but when it died they announced the seals that had dropped and then invited ppl from our group to lot for the seals. Definitely didn't expect that. We alternated for a while and it worked out fine. I have yet to find ppl who were not willing to alternate. While one is fighting NM the other can be farming pops or whatever.

I have only come across one group that was not willing to share but that was when the second set of maws has just opened.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-11-22 11:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

People have this unjustifiable sense of entitlement. Honestly stop and think about this. You go to a pop point and find a group there. You ask nicely if they'll alternate pops or work together with your group. If they say yes, hurray! Everyone is happy and the world is fair! BUT! If they say no, you somehow believe you have the right to be angry and seek retribution because they don't want to "share" or team up. If you can't live with the possible outcomes of a proposal, then don't project one and just wait your turn or come back later. People do have the right to say no.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-22 13:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
It's not move over get out of the way. It's best man wins, so spam your trade macro, and we'll trade ours.

LOL!
"best man wins".
Well, at least if nothing else, some laughter was had from this "debate".

Dude, spamming a trade macro to a ???, even if you do a REALLY good job of it ... does not equate to being a "man" in any way/shape/form, nevermind a "best man".
The only thing it equates to is being a loser, a basement-dweller (or in your case, a pink house basement-dweller), and potentially even a "best basement-dweller".

Some of the posters here are right; at least the 3-minute repop timer on the "???" is a VERY welcome change from the absurd 15-minute repop timers on Sky NMs and even lesser stuff like Alastor Antlion.

Still, the FFXI douchebags, with their burning need to feel superior via petty contrived "competitions" ... I can't believe they've taken their insecurities to the point of "camping" Abyssea NM "???" pop-spots.

Oh wait, no, I can believe it. I'm just disgusted by it.
[+]
 Asura.Lecreuset
Server: Asura
user: Lecreuset
By Asura.Lecreuset 2010-11-22 13:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
im mayad cuz ffxi haz no training wheels
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-11-22 13:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Best man...it's more like who takes a JP player with them to pop the "???"

Don't know about other folks...but that "???" never seems to show up, just a purple NM =/
[+]
 Asura.Lecreuset
By Asura.Lecreuset 2010-11-22 13:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said:

Don't know about other folks...but that "???" never seems to show up, just a purple NM =/

Do what Draus and I do.
Hit 'em with "Please do not abbreviate your words."
Usually they'll type back in chicken scratch and walk away pissed.
[+]
 Asura.Lecreuset
By Asura.Lecreuset 2010-11-22 13:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lecreuset said:
Asura.Echandra said:

Do what Draus and I do.
When they type something, hit 'em with "Please do not abbreviate your words."
Usually they'll type back in chicken scratch and walk away pissed.

(Failed edit post.)
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-22 13:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Today, starring Lecreuset, with Tigerwoods on back-up vocals:

[+]
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-11-22 13:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Go Elanabelle!!! nice to see other people feel the same way about some of the people on here as I do.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-11-22 13:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

damn. did he call out soccer mom's in that freestyle at the end? What a douchebag ~_~

At least people haven't hit rock bottom with NM mpks over the ??? like say...2005/2006ish HNM. I saw someone use Sippoy to help another group doing Armillaria and friday my XP party on crawlers had a disgruntled person drug Ayravata over to us. I guess I could applaud the dedication to drag that clear over to us?

Asura.Lecreuset
By Asura.Lecreuset 2010-11-22 13:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

still mayad
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-22 13:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

itt: it's totally reasonable to make a large group wait 33 min between pops, while a smaller group waits 8 min between pops.

never run into this situation before, since a) i don't have a big shell so we don't kill anything all that fast, and b) server has very few NA compared to JP. JP are usually pretty good about sharing t1s and stuff, but never had to compete with them for other mobs because we don't pop nms in JP primetime.

the ??? were never a really great thing. any random jackass can cockblock a large group by taking forever to solo a mob. it's worse in abyssea, since a) they're probably not doing something you can gm them for, and b) they're not just wasting everyone's time, they're wasting everyone's limited abyssea time.

with that said, i'm not sure what a better system would be.
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-11-22 14:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
It's not move over get out of the way. It's best man wins, so spam your trade macro, and we'll trade ours.

LOL!
"best man wins".
Well, at least if nothing else, some laughter was had from this "debate".

Dude, spamming a trade macro to a ???, even if you do a REALLY good job of it ... does not equate to being a "man" in any way/shape/form, nevermind a "best man".
The only thing it equates to is being a loser, a basement-dweller (or in your case, a pink house basement-dweller), and potentially even a "best basement-dweller".

Some of the posters here are right; at least the 3-minute repop timer on the "???" is a VERY welcome change from the absurd 15-minute repop timers on Sky NMs and even lesser stuff like Alastor Antlion.

Still, the FFXI douchebags, with their burning need to feel superior via petty contrived "competitions" ... I can't believe they've taken their insecurities to the point of "camping" Abyssea NM "???" pop-spots.

Oh wait, no, I can believe it. I'm just disgusted by it.

Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-22 15:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get whats wrong with not expecting random people to give two shits about you. It's nice when it happens, but expecting it and whining about it is a pretty *** move. I don't get why so many people on these forums expect/demand people be selfless and nice all the time. Which in itself, makes you a (bigger) ***.

Directed at a few posters, and they know who they are~
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-11-22 15:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
I don't get whats wrong with not expecting random people to give two shits about you. It's nice when it happens, but expecting it and whining about it is a pretty *** move. I don't get why so many people on these forums expect/demand people be selfless and nice all the time. Which in itself, makes you a (bigger) ***.

Im gonna have to side with snick. Exspecting people to be nice 100% of the time (people who are total strangers to you) is not only unrealistic but just plain stupid. You can try to ask people to share a nm pop area but they aren't entitled to in the end they were here first. If you don't aggre then fight them for the spot (spam trade macro) or just leave and do another nm and come back later.

Remember not everyone has the same view as "being nice" and "being fair" as you do. So don't expect to have your way all the time or be able to compromise all the time as well.
[+]
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-11-22 15:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:

Pretty funny how wanting people to be nice to each other makes you a ***. i like that. i will have to remember that next time someone is nice to me to call them a ***. Don't worry, Snick, i always and fully expect most everyone i run across on here and on the game to be rude and selfish, and uncaring of strangers, that way i am not surprised when it happens everyday. I am optimistic but also realistic. People always live up to my expectation everyday and never fail to let me down. I just choose to live my life differently is all. i don't really know what to think about this topic, had many groups just come and start spamming an NM we were camping for some time. also had a group share with us and another wait for us to finish, so i have had every possible scenario happen. mixed feelings so not really gonna say what i haven't already said.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-22 15:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Elana is the mayadast *** up in here
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-22 15:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the people saying that everyone should be nice tend to be the most abrasive on here (see: Elana).
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-22 15:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Some of the people saying that everyone should be nice tend to be the most abrasive on here (see: Elana).
He made fun of my house :(

Stalks the majority of my posts and always has some dipshit response that has 0 to do with the topic, for example, my jeans or my pink house!
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-22 15:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Varistor said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Pretty funny how wanting people to be nice to each other makes you a ***.
 Asura.Lecreuset
By Asura.Lecreuset 2010-11-22 15:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
He made fun of my house :(

Stalks the majority of my posts and always has some dipshit response that has 0 to do with the topic, for example, my jeans or my pink house!

Pink house just means that's a pussy palace.
Jeans are irrelevant because in said pussy palace, they'd be on the floor anyway when you're busy ***' ***. ;O
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-22 15:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to completely not read what you bolded dumbass.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-22 15:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

?
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-22 15:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh sorry, site is all *** up for me so is hard to tell who you're quoting and *** <_<
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-22 15:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Snick is always pissed off.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-22 15:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

True story brah
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-22 15:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said:
At least people haven't hit rock bottom with NM mpks over the ??? like say...2005/2006ish HNM.
The other day when I was on MNK I attempted to solo Athamas, ended up dying, killed three tarus (/sad), and then some JP shell claimed it, saying I was purposely trying to MPK them, when I wasn't, it was just in the general area of the conflux. I appologized a billion times and ended up paying 100k to the leader for my last MNK leg seal <_<
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2010-11-22 15:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yea, if my LS sucked and took 30m to kill anything in abyssea id probably be emo to. But it dont, pop it, trigger w/e needs to be triggered, after that its usually dead in 3-5 minutes. But regardless, we all go to abyssea for one of these reasons bar exp: To get stuff for ourselfs, get stuff for our friends, or get stuff for our LS mates. Im a douchebag? Why? Because im being real? No one goes out of "their" way to help other ppl, even more so in an MMORPG, all im saying is if you can go to abyssea and get your stuff done, who gives a crap about other LS/groups? Your not there to help them, And if your one of the bad groups that cant claim/pop first go elsewhere or get better at popping/claiming.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-22 15:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh Time=$ fictional or no.
[+]