Refresh Hairpins
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-21 18:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good mob to try and farm refresh hairpins from in Konschtat? I presume the level of the monster has no correlation to the chance of good drops no?

I guess lizards don't give amber light.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-21 18:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

saplings
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-21 19:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice avatar.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-21 20:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Why thank you!
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-22 00:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

._. I tried to do this just now, eph. limules and clinoids for some reason weren't giving me extra azure..I killed 3+ of each, and was still getting 500xp chests, and the like. Needless to say, it was a waste of an hour. Anyone have any ideas on doing this with 2 people ><? I figured we'd cap azure on them, then cap perle then te/amber but it didnt' work out.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-11-22 01:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Only ephemeral murexes give extra light. Tier 1 VNMs in any zone, however, give 3-10x lights regardless of type.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-22 01:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That's....very stupid.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-22 01:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Only ephemeral murexes give extra light. Tier 1 VNMs in any zone, however, give 3-10x lights regardless of type.

plz post your proof of this, i would love to know where you get that from (not being sarcastic....seriously..cuz the ameobas give extra as well i believe, so i'm not sure why the clionids and limules wouldn't)
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-22 01:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Tier 1 VNMs in any zone, however, give 3-10x lights regardless of type.

[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-22 01:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
plz post your proof of this, i would love to know where you get that from (not being sarcastic....seriously..cuz the ameobas give extra as well i believe, so i'm not sure why the clionids and limules wouldn't)
We were in Tahrongi Canyon getting a Chloris pop just today, using 2 SMNs to build pearl light on T1 VNMs while we killed other NMs, with a BLM pt of 4 killing other mobs for Azure.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-22 01:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Aeronis I was talking about proof of the murex only claim.... and Mabrook I think OP said 2 people low-man farming lol not 3 parties
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-22 01:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
All ephemeral mobs/NMs give extra lights, but the level of the mob affects how strong said lights are. The ephemerals in new zones are killed constantly and thus give stronger lights in addition to having higher base/max levels than the ones in old zones.

We farm gold chests on lizards, but get amber on saplings beforehand for what it's worth.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-22 01:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter what mob you kill for certain Gold Chest items, right?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-22 01:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
It doesn't matter what mob you kill for certain Gold Chest items, right?
No.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-22 01:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
._. I tried to do this just now, eph. limules and clinoids for some reason weren't giving me extra azure..I killed 3+ of each, and was still getting 500xp chests, and the like. Needless to say, it was a waste of an hour. Anyone have any ideas on doing this with 2 people ><? I figured we'd cap azure on them, then cap perle then te/amber but it didnt' work out.

do you have decent atma? should be able to duo with rdm + dd with rr/whatever, even getting only one light per kill. having the kismet and whatever-the-pearl-one-is-called abyssites helps. or were you spending a lot of time looking for ephemerals?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-11-22 01:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok my mistake, it was to my understanding that only murexes yielded extra lights. The VNMs I know for sure work too, though.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-22 01:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:

do you have decent atma? should be able to duo with rdm + dd with rr/whatever, even getting only one light per kill. having the kismet and whatever-the-pearl-one-is-called abyssites helps. or were you spending a lot of time looking for ephemerals?

ya, doing thf+rdm, razed ruins, minikin monstrosity etc. I assumed azure worked like the new zones, needing only 3 kills on eph so I went blm first, killed 3, then changed to rdm, and starting getting perle, and they came very slowly ._.; chests never dropped from the sapling either, (thought it was weird, since I solo on blm a lot in abyssea and get lots of chests w/o perle, figured out that he had none of the +boxes abyssites) finally got a box to drop, saw that azure wasn't capped. went wtf, then looked to find more and kill them. Basically, wasted a bunch of time on ephemerals. I think imma help him get those abyssites first, then just build like a regular pt. ._.;
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-22 01:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

once you get those abyssites, you should be ok to duo. don't need a full party. and why would you go blm and then switch to rdm?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-22 01:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

funy thing is bst/sch with nyzle isle ws can cover all 3 dmg type and solol etheral miserx and avatars easy. Same for vnm 1s.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-22 02:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
once you get those abyssites, you should be ok to duo. don't need a full party. and why would you go blm and then switch to rdm?

Idk! lol.

I literally just leveled rdm 60-85 2 days ago, so I'm not used to having rdm. After I got in there I was like...why didn't I just kill them with rdm...? I've a decent nuke set, morri robe, novio, +5 dmg magian staffs and the like, damn rdm casts fast as *** lol.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-22 02:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

well you don't really need anything amazing to azure kill, so yeah. you'd probably be fine just casting from the menu, really.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-11-22 03:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU can easily solo gold chests in any area. Duo makes it even easier. The best mobs to farm in the highlands are the clionids (if you're on blu). They're extremely squishy and you can aspir them for MP, although once your azure is capped you shouldn't need to. They aggro at night to low hp, but only from 10 yalms away (1/2 of undead distance). They give pearl, azure, and amber lights so no need to run around. The ones by conflux 3 are the best to kill. They're more spread out so less chance of getting aggro. You'll want VV and Minikin. Simply QC > Gob Rush > Disseverment, check chest and move on.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-22 03:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Husband said:
...I went blm first, killed 3, then changed to rdm, and starting getting perle...

You changed job after building lights and wonder why you failed? You need a slap.

As long as the THF with him got the kills... it doesnt matter I thought?
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-22 04:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Husband said:
...I went blm first, killed 3, then changed to rdm, and starting getting perle...

You changed job after building lights and wonder why you failed? You need a slap.

Well, there's like, another person in the like, party who like, would get the capped azure and like, get all the killshots?

I don't know what to say, something to prove my intelligence, or something to prove your ignorance...
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-22 04:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
BLU can easily solo gold chests in any area. Duo makes it even easier. The best mobs to farm in the highlands are the clionids (if you're on blu). They're extremely squishy and you can aspir them for MP, although once your azure is capped you shouldn't need to. They aggro at night to low hp, but only from 10 yalms away (1/2 of undead distance). They give pearl, azure, and amber lights so no need to run around. The ones by conflux 3 are the best to kill. They're more spread out so less chance of getting aggro. You'll want VV and Minikin. Simply QC > Gob Rush > Disseverment, check chest and move on.

Sure I'd go blu, but you obviously didn't look and see what jobs I had, so your whole "advice" thing is about as useful as wiping my *** with a metal rod.
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2010-11-22 04:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Been duo'in with my friend (her as dnc/nin, me as thf/nin) killing glowies till capped azure/pearl (using ninjutsu for kill shots, even at 10 damage per hit was easy to do) then switchingn to frogs for TE till rdy for amber. Should work w/ any mob thats pretty simple to kill
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-22 05:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:

Sure I'd go blu, but you obviously didn't look and see what jobs I had, so your whole "advice" thing is about as useful as wiping my *** with a metal rod.

it might have been helpful for other people; not everyone directly addresses the OP. not like he said "why the *** did you go on worthless jobs like thf + rdm when you could have gone blu instead?!!11!1!"

edit: besides which, job's not even mentioned in the OP.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-22 09:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:

Your avatar suggests you would appreciate such advice
[+]
First Page 2