Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Ideal 75 BLU TP Set
Ideal 75 BLU TP Set
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-02-14 08:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on my first melee, Blue Mage, and I'm pretty much new to the real DD thing going on. I was wondering if this looked good for a set at 75 to TP in? I'm trying to make a build to get as much TP as possible and a build for my spells. I also intend to finish fully capping my sword merits and, since I really like BLU enough to quit my other jobs so far, possibly merit out STR to fully. More often than not I am sub THF, not entirely sure if I can keep doing that since I have to solo later on, it seems.

So yeah, am I on the right track?
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=60432
 Asura.Antihero
Server: Asura
user: rime
By Asura.Antihero 2009-02-14 08:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Im a 75 Blue Mage, Have been for awhile now and I can give you some feedback.

You're on the right track, but I do see some problems with it.

First off, when soloing Imps at 75 you'll always be /nin so:

Main: Perdu blade
Sub: Kogglemander
Head: Walahra Turban (I prefer stacking as much haste as possible on my Blu)
Body: I use Homam Body and only macro in Mirage when MP is needed.
Hands: Dusk gloves +1 ( Hey we're talking ideal right?)
Ring: Divisor ring instead of Iota in my opinion
Back: I'd use Cerberus +1, Forager's, or amemet +1 before Mirage (Between torque, suppa, perdu latent, Homam/Mirage accuracy you'll be fine)
Waist: Speed belt (Again, if you're striving for ideal you want that 2%)

That's about the best setup I can see minus Nyzul weapon. Others may have other opinion's based on their own experience though.
 Odin.Godshatred
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Godshatred 2009-02-14 09:10:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with most of what antihero said but not with swords. When you solo ur really not trying to do dmg w/ ur ws then u are with your spells. That being said i think beast slayer and koggle are a better combo. You get +4 str and +3 vit for cannonball, +4 str +7 dex for your other spells. Also (kinda random) you get the killer effects which can save ur *** if you happen to run across one of those mob types. Also head part i think homam head is better for that +macc and haste. Cape i personally prefer cuch over mirage for the +4 str and dex. Divisor ring also only works if your lvl 74 or something evenly divided.
 Asura.Antihero
Server: Asura
user: rime
By Asura.Antihero 2009-02-14 10:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Divisor ring is active when main job is a multiple of 5.

Cuchulain's mantle is awesome for spellcasting, but not as great for TPing in, which is what the discussion was aimed at.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-02-14 10:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, think I'm starting to understand. I was told to essentially go for ACC and Haste to TP in, not so much ATK on Blue Mage. So basically, Homam is godly for BLU?

Also, just trying to verify that I'm understanding this correctly, between the +skill and some of the Homam gear I'm going to have enough ACC to start being able to swap in for other mods?

I intend on having another gear set devoted to mACC and STR and DEX (those seem to be the majority of spell mods, I think) for when I cast. I like long gear swaps, guess that's a habit from my RDM days.

Alright, thanks, if anyone has any other advice I'm welcome to take :)
 Odin.Sparow
Server: Odin
user: Sparow
By Odin.Sparow 2009-02-14 13:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

there is a very nice store tp set with the cobra unit set and some other pieces + 2 high delay swords, this only for fast cast store tp you can get 19%-20% with two hits.

bad for recast time i know, but quite nice for store tp
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-02-14 13:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't worry about mACC to much since it doesn't effect physical blue magic. Physical spells are based on normal ACC. Lean more towards haste and accuracy in my opinion. As for spell casting have a good balance of str,dex, and acc.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-02-14 13:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd use a white tathlum or goblin cracker over hedgehog bomb for your tp setup.

Here's a acc calculator for a few mobs most people merit on. I don't know what your merits are and what food you plan on using usually so the calc is better than me guessing. I'd much rather get 30k/hr on mamool or birds but if you solo imps for 10k/hr and the cost of echo drops here and there, that's up to you -- this calc has imps too.

http://ninjafada.com/ffxi/

You should aim for having your hit rate vs. the mob you are fighting at 85% before adding +haste gear if you are soloing. If you are in a party with a bard, I would aim to have ~99-94% acc with brd singing 1 madrigal. After you hit that mark, add more haste and attack. People who tell you attack in not important on blu either don't know how to play their job, don't play blu or spend their days on squishy imps or birds only.

Your TP gear on weaker merit mobs should not be your TP gear on a level 90 HNM either. If you plan on being of any use to an end game LS, you'll need attack gear mixed in as well. Then again I wouldn't waste a melee slot for a blu in dynamis over a war, rng, sam, drk.

You can check my blu tp set if you want but I'm still missing homam hands/feet to finish mine off. And I use attack food over acc food, so I use PCA instead of my fort torque since I don't need the attack from the +7 skill.

I prefer using Coeurl Subs on BLU always for TP unless it's a very high defense mob (which I'm usually blm for anyways), then I'd probably use a pizza. Rarely ever touch sushi ... had a few 4xBLU + RDM + BRD exp parties and every single time I end up destroying 'sushi users'. Merit parties do not need sushi ...
 Fairy.Sukasaroth
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Sukasaroth 2009-02-14 18:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i didnt get perdu yet cuz of my other jobs needing perdu and i dont exp much so ISP is scarce for me.
Atm i use "lolwightslayer"/Ifrits and it gets me by for imps and /nin'ing, but ditching it when i get perdu cuz i already got expiacion.

As for my bodypiece i wear AF2 body fulltime for TPing, 10 acc and autorefresh with the trait for 2mp/tick and 3mp/tick when sanction kicks in.
I wear turban for the extra HP/MP ratio and the 5% haste for headbutt recasts.
Swift, Cerb mantle homam feet/hands/legs for the haste fastcast acc and MP n' whatnot.
Brutal/Loq. for my earrings the Fastcast from homam/low help bigtime with refueling on headbutt recasts and getting ichi/ni off.
Rings i go with blood/rajas and neck i use fort torque.
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-02-14 19:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=49100

This is what I personally use, If I had torque I would use it vs the PCC I use. Would use Divisor ring if i had as well. I use Homam head cuz there are a few spells I use with TP Build on.

more BLU item sets here~

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=412623
 Gilgamesh.Durden
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Durden
By Gilgamesh.Durden 2009-02-14 22:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=32048