Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Verona
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2010-11-18 13:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Question to Pimpchan. You haven't played the game since June, according to your AH page.
1) How do you know that state of the game at the moment if you're not playing?
2) Why are you posting tripe on forums for a game you don't play?
3) Why do you have such a stupid name?

Anyway, the endgame shell I'm in is more active now than it's ever been, we pull 20+ people 5 days a week. I can think of 10 shells off the top of my head that are at a similar level, and that's just the English speaking ones.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-18 14:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:

FFXI has more 1 - 9 man linkshells but it has more people using 10+ man linkshells. So you are wrong in your claims.

And that is what I said ... One LS per event, at least per event that required more that 10, which are limited to einherjar and dynamis. Needless to say it doesn't apply past June 2006 as only idiots would still do them (hmm).
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 14:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-18 14:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

is this including all the nubs that have made a linkshell for kicks or alt linkshells for people who like their peace with who they care to talk with?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-18 14:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
is this including all the nubs that have made a linkshell for kicks or alt linkshells for people who like their peace with who they care to talk with?

Yes.
then:

[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-18 14:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

If you make an LS it's usefull to you because it costs 1 inventory to any member. People don't carry LS that they don't use. Simple.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 14:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mean to spam, but srsly.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 14:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
But he is entertaining =(

For a while maybe, but now that he's ***at XI he's boring.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 14:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Makes me wonder what he is playing now :O

I'd like to see him playing Eve, the amount of rage he'd exude would be hilarious lol.

He was playing XIV but he had no understanding of the game at all and still acted like an elitist idiot.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-11-18 14:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
lol i hope anytime pimpchan posts this gets consistently reposted.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 14:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
lol i hope anytime pimpchan posts this gets consistently reposted.

That's what I was going for, I might make some fancier ones.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 14:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I quite like this personally.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-18 14:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I like addblock plus
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 14:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the fact that I'm getting to you.

[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-18 16:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Yes.

Quote:

And that is what I said ... One LS per event, at least per event that required more that 10, which are limited to einherjar and dynamis.

Quote:
Take your ***to yourself. FFXI is based on small number of people per linkshell (less than 9 for the vast majority).

Then again, why are you contradicting yourself, why can't einherjar / dynamis linkshell use guildwork ...? The website is designed for stuff like that?

Nope it's designed to centralize every possible event. This might be what wow is for but FFXI has the ability for players to have multiple LS so you are not going to use this for each LS and FFXIV is even more clever in the fact that you can build events cross linkshells easily, making linkshells more or less frontier-less and more of different chat channels. So yeah, it's useless. The future of MMO is building groups easily and quickly in small time frames to satisfy both hardcore and casual players. In a word, a /shout event like you see them a lot in FFXI. Think Nyzul, you get the idea.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 16:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Sevaru
user: Severance
By Leviathan.Sevaru 2010-11-18 17:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Maybe people can own several linkshells (you know, it's not WoW, for the third time)? ....and a lot of player punctually join a 10-19 member LS to do x-event (let's say dynamis) and then gtfo in another LS. This is exactly what I described, one linkshell for each event. That's how the vast of majority of player do it since like when I started in 2004. So your "guildwork" is just that, an attempt to extend a wowfagtrap to ffxi.
The great irony being Pchan is now assuming Guildwork only allows you to have one linkshell per character.

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Also someone mentionned FFXIV and he found funny that I did not mention it. I mean, seriously, how the *** can this application be of any use in FFXIV ? Want to do a party ? No, this is not FFXI, you don't go in Jeunno and shout for hours for a PT (because your 9 man linkshell can't exp with you due to them being < 35 members!). You type in your LS "PT level 15-20 anyone ?" and then everyone that owns your LS but might be on a different one due to them doing something else (see the mentality of not doing everything in the same LS ? ) sees your chat and contacts you. This is the opposite of centralised event style linkshells.
And your mistake here is assuming that, regardless of how shitty FFXIV may be, that the future updates won't bring around any requirement at all for a linkshell. You're also still assuming Guildwork doesn't allow you to list multiple linkshells at once.

How about you stop making yourself appear continuously foolish and try the system before judging it.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-11-18 17:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Yes.

Quote:

And that is what I said ... One LS per event, at least per event that required more that 10, which are limited to einherjar and dynamis.

Quote:
Take your ***to yourself. FFXI is based on small number of people per linkshell (less than 9 for the vast majority).

Then again, why are you contradicting yourself, why can't einherjar / dynamis linkshell use guildwork ...? The website is designed for stuff like that?

Nope it's designed to centralize every possible event. This might be what wow is for but FFXI has the ability for players to have multiple LS so you are not going to use this for each LS and FFXIV is even more clever in the fact that you can build events cross linkshells easily, making linkshells more or less frontier-less and more of different chat channels. So yeah, it's useless. The future of MMO is building groups easily and quickly in small time frames to satisfy both hardcore and casual players. In a word, a /shout event like you see them a lot in FFXI. Think Nyzul, you get the idea.

Except if you payed attention you can now have a set of points per event... you no longer have to set points for the entire LS and merge all events.

We have a set of abyssea points and members... and a set of dynamis points and members. Completely separate and non related to eachother. So people who want to do dynamis can do only dynamis and not get screwed by those who do abyssea too.

Nice try though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sevaru
user: Severance
By Leviathan.Sevaru 2010-11-18 17:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
How is it designed to centralize all events?

You CAN HAVE MULTIPLE LINKSHELLS (rage formatted for the ignorance) listed on Guildwork. Even, shock horror, one for each event!

Your point about the future of MMOs is also moot, because regardless of your own lack of consistent friends to play with, other people do the same events daily with the same groups of people. You haven't seen all the successful 6-10 man Abyssea statics? Similar to the old Salvage statics? Or the lowman Sea/Sky(lawl) statics that still exist?

I think you should heed the advice of the animated gif.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-18 19:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sevaru said:

Your point about the future of MMOs is also moot, because regardless of your own lack of consistent friends to play with ...

Oh yeah your 30 members are your friends. Eh guys, internet friends. Same friends that disbanded all their LS once abyssea came out to go with other "friends"? Hmm kay. Is this were I ask you what your "friends" and you will do once SE release post abyssea content ?

Quote:

other people do the same events daily with the same groups of people.

It's called a static, anyone that has run one or joined one knows how it ends. Regardless of how successful you are, at one point or another people leave or stop being on everytime ; as a result you recruit someone that is necessarily going to be at the bottom of the lists, but you need him, so you lure him. In the end you create anger, which is what we read on internet forums (they flame what you call "friends" for being greedy), because someone will get nothing.

Quote:

You haven't seen all the successful 6-10 man Abyssea statics? Similar to the old Salvage statics? Or the lowman Sea/Sky(lawl) statics that still exist?

You will not re-invent FFXI just because abyssea came out. People leave once they have their ***to farm something else. Don't need to be a genius to understand that the best way to get your stuff in abyssea is not to join a static that may or may not survive, that may or may not run as much as you want, that may or may not go for your item often enough. The best way is to log in, /shout in Jeuno for your NM , farm then logout. Simple. This applies obviously to casual players but also to harcore players. The JPs on my server that that were leader of big HNMLS were *not* doing salvage within their LS (as they are not dumb). They were shouting *every day* for a group, with the condition that they lot x item allowing other to lot y items. Think Nyzul.

In a 10 man static 9/10 of the time you don't farm what you need.
In a /shout method you farm it 100% of the time.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]