Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-26 01:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ziggz said:
Zanno said:
Anyone have an idea on what to do to fix this.

my g/f is using vista premium home edition on her laptop, and whenever she comes to the blablabla screen just before the chose character screen she gets kicked of with this message

"Terminated As Error ocurred in Final Fantasy XI. Full Screen Mode Lost> (-1)"

Now, if she use the built in windower mode it works, but she also dont wanna use it for whatever reason.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

secpol.msc doesnt exist on her version btw, just saying it cant find it.

sounds to me like a graphics error. never really know tho. check for the latest graphic drivers on HP/Toshiba/whatevers website. the game may be running in a resolution that's too big for your screen as well. so double check your resolution and then set FF to the same. And last, and certainly the most annoying, full screen FF hates it when something else takes over the graphics on the screen. If something comes up Always On Top, or if Vista is switching to basic theme as it does for many games, then it could be causing the crash. That's all i can think of atm.

I had this problem with windower on my laptop, works fine without windower, but try running it with windower and it crashes the moment it tries to go full-screen. Never managed to fix it so I just had to double the amount of macros I usually use when I went home for christmas and was playing on laptop instead of pc.
 Lakshmi.Premium
Server: Lakshmi
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-02-26 08:00:58
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Don't make FF change your resolution so you don't get kicked in full screen.

I use Vista 64bit (vista 64bit is faster than Windows XP 32 , and Windows XP 64 isn't supported because of it's age and lack of production)

I have 16GB ram and FF installed without a single issue
 Ifrit.Thunderlips
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Thunderlips 2009-02-26 08:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Anyone have an idea on what to do to fix this.

my g/f is using vista premium home edition on her laptop, and whenever she comes to the blablabla screen just before the chose character screen she gets kicked of with this message

"Terminated As Error ocurred in Final Fantasy XI. Full Screen Mode Lost> (-1)"

Now, if she use the built in windower mode it works, but she also dont wanna use it for whatever reason.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

secpol.msc doesnt exist on her version btw, just saying it cant find it.

Disable the UAC. I had a similar problem when I first installed FFXI onto my Vista laptop, and I believe this is how I fixed it.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-26 08:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I run it absolutely fine on my pc with 64-bit vista, but my laptop with 32-bit vista won't.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [223 days between previous and next post]
 Caitsith.Ciki
Server: Caitsith
user: ciki
By Caitsith.Ciki 2009-10-07 11:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I just bought a new pc which has OS Vista 64-bit and I cant seem to install the game for some reason.
I followed instruction from SE site i installed their update for vista (PoL) and installed PlayOnline everything went well and now when i try to install FFXI + expensions i get the message POL is not installed! install it first before you can install FFXI?
I have it installed?
So i go to webchat to ask for help on PoL site and this what the agent told me:
which OS you run it with? I sayed 64 bits and then he says There is the problem ffxi cant be run in 64-bits you either have to play with console or buy another pc with 32bits :(
anyone can tell me please how to fix this cuz i dont want to "Just" quit after about 5years of play.
If anyone know any update for 64-bit please do tell
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-07 11:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Right click POL.exe and go to properties.
Click on run as admin and then change the compatibility to XP and try that.
 Caitsith.Ciki
By Caitsith.Ciki 2009-10-07 11:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I did that from the start as it soo sayed on SE site.
and its not PoL that doesent work it does not a problem but when i put FFXI Cd to installation it says PoL is not installed but it is?
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-07 11:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm....try reinstalling POL(vista version) from website now that you have the disc version installed? I ran into this problem a couple years ago, but forgot which way I did it. Think it's supposed to be disc first and then the Vista installer from the website.
 Caitsith.Ciki
By Caitsith.Ciki 2009-10-07 11:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Vista version now yes i updated it from their site but i cant install FFXI and their agent sayed its cuz it cant run in OS 64bits? so i have to just quit or buy other pc with 32bit or a console?
not so easy after 5years play
 Caitsith.Ciki
By Caitsith.Ciki 2009-10-07 11:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok ill try for the 4th time to reinstall it 1st install disc then get vista version from site but before i get vista version do i open PoL and undate things there and then install or get vista right after without going in to PoL?
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-07 11:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the way you're trying to install...FF works for 64-bit and the agent only knows what the flow chart tells them. Uninstall what you have installed. Start installing from the disc first. From what you said you did the website first and then the disc.

Don't run POL until you do the Vista install. After that you run the game to get it updated.
 Caitsith.Ciki
By Caitsith.Ciki 2009-10-07 12:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok doing that now and ill let you know if i get it fixed :) thnx for your time
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-07 12:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing what I can to help. I could be right or I may not be. Hate to see other suffer if the problem could be simple.
 Odin.Rues
user: Rues
By Odin.Rues 2009-10-07 12:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I run FFXI on 64-bit Vista just fine so it can be done.
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-07 12:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

you installed it wrong, the game definitely works on 64bit vista, i used to run it on that.

there are instructions on pol site, follow them correctly and it will work
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-10-07 12:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Running on Vista x64 and 7 x64 [RC] w/o a problem here. iirc you need to use the updated vista installer on the PlayOnline website. Make sure you do a clean uninstall then try that.
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-10-07 12:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone running 7 that ran Vista notice and increase in performance over vista with the same system?
 Caitsith.Ciki
By Caitsith.Ciki 2009-10-07 13:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I did use vista version and followed everything what PoL website says still it says Playonline is not installed! Please istall Payonline before you can continue installing FFXI?
idk what i am missing out >< i did run in administrator mode and all that.
PoL works i can go in and all but FFXI is not installed
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-07 13:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird. I can't help more than this. POL site is blocked at work. Something is missing from the install so POL can't find FFXI.exe.
 Caitsith.Ciki
By Caitsith.Ciki 2009-10-07 13:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I even tryed install PoL from CD then install FFXI and expensions then i updated to vista version and PoL worked all and ffxi was installed but when i hit PLAY it says cannot continue cuz ffxi is not installed so even that was not working and i had all installed
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-07 13:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

did you try to run as XP for FF also or just POL?
 Caitsith.Ciki
By Caitsith.Ciki 2009-10-07 13:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

you mean run as admin right? i have vista not XP and yes i opened both as admin
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-07 13:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a compatibility tab under properties for all .exe's. Vista runs things differently than XP. This will tell Vista to run the program is if it was a XP OS.
 Caitsith.Ciki
By Caitsith.Ciki 2009-10-07 13:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

O yes it runs like XP (Service Pack 2) and i did open them both that way from the 1st time but still >< i think i give up this thing :(
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-10-07 14:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me ask you if you tried getting a New FFXI install disk set. That would be cheaper than a new system lol. I belive there is a 2008 FFXI+Expansion pack set that you can get.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-10-07 15:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You can just torrent it, no need to give SE more money. You're already paying a monthly fee.
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-07 17:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Dizzmal said:
Does anyone running 7 that ran Vista notice and increase in performance over vista with the same system?

haven't tried it but it should be faster

windows 7 is just vista with a a lot of performance tweaks and the odd new/removed features

but xp 64 will be faster than both by a considerable amount, although less secure OS