SquareEnix Earnings Call
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-12 14:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Godlike said:
I like how every step to improve the market wards make it look more and more like an auction house...

It proves that the market wards system is a step back and that ultimately it will evolve into an auction house. Adding a search function to the market wards is just like having a search function in an auction house, EXCEPT you get to go find the retainer that is selling the item. Price fixing/undercutting happens whether you have an auction house or not. Once the search function is added, sellers will just scan the ward for the item they will be selling... and undercut/price fix.
EXCEPT v2.0: Your item doesn't have to be the absolutely lowest priced of the bunch to sell.. It may be more likely to sell if it's the lowest priced, but it doesn't HAVE to be, on the AH, it does.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-12 14:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Godlike said:
I like how every step to improve the market wards make it look more and more like an auction house...

It proves that the market wards system is a step back and that ultimately it will evolve into an auction house. Adding a search function to the market wards is just like having a search function in an auction house, EXCEPT you get to go find the retainer that is selling the item. Price fixing/undercutting happens whether you have an auction house or not. Once the search function is added, sellers will just scan the ward for the item they will be selling... and undercut/price fix.
And you have the added bonus of having to search multiple different auction house sections also! Wow, Market Wards sure are awesome!
[+]
 Asura.Godlike
Server: Asura
user: Godlike
By Asura.Godlike 2010-11-12 14:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

EXCEPT v2.0: Your item doesn't have to be the absolutely lowest priced of the bunch to sell.. It may be more likely to sell if it's the lowest priced, but it doesn't HAVE to be, on the AH, it does.

EXCEPT v3.0: Either way, the search function gives sellers the opportunity to undercut and they will to sell their product. A healthy economy needs competition. The players that don't want an auction house are the sellers, and they are afraid to compete. There are far more players that would rather be able to find what they are looking for than make a little more money when they need to sell something.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-12 14:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Godlike said:

EXCEPT v3.0: Either way, the search function gives sellers the opportunity to undercut and they will to sell their product. A healthy economy needs competition. The players that don't want an auction house are the sellers, and they are afraid to compete. There are far more players that would rather be able to find what they are looking for than make a little more money when they need to sell something.
Like I said earlier in this thread, the only way you can't find what you need as is (not that I'm not looking forward to the search function) if you just refuse to let the system work.. "Wah wah it's not an AH, the system is stupid" Works just fine for me and plenty of other people...

I'm all for healthy selling competition.. In XI I got *** sick of one or two asshats destroying the market on everything.

I don't want to spend half my in-game time farming for moot amounts of gil just so I can afford decent gear/weapons to be able to play the game..
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-12 15:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

During the month or so I spent in XIV I acquired over a million in Gil. I really don't expect Gil to ever be an issue or have very much value as compared to XI.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-12 15:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
During the month or so I spent in XIV I acquired over a million in Gil. I really don't expect Gil to ever be an issue or have very much value as compared to XI.
I've done 5x that, and I hope it stays that way... IMO, the emphasis in a game shouldn't be farming virtual currency, it should be the game play itself.
 Caitsith.Jadi
Server: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-12 15:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

wes0001 said:

There's a difference between fair prices and undercutting any and all profit out of any given item, a line clearly quite a few people in XI don't seem to understand. It's not like someone's walking into your personal shop and you save them a few cents here, they're more inclined to spend a few bucks extra there, once the money on an item is lost, it's lost..

Having a fair priced system is good, undercutting is not.. Tell me how it's a good thing when 3 or 4 people engage in a price cutting war, on practically every single item out there. Person A sells item for 1000, then Person B comes along and sells for 950, then Person C comes along and undercuts the both of them and sells for 900, Person A comes back and drops price yet again down to 850 and this cycle repeats itself.

Now I don't know about you, and I'm not at all for artificial inflation (this goes for pretty much everything I sell, I account for shards/materials/losses/profits, and price items fairly) but I don't want to spend 3-4 hours of my life making all of 50k because the margins on EVERYTHING have been dropped down so low due to undercutting wars.

That's just me, if spending a week solid farming up items for gil to sell just so you can buy one decent weapon or one piece of gear is your thing, then have at it. I know that it's not for most people though.

Personally, I'd rather enjoy the game the way it's meant to be enjoyed, not spend half my time farming gil just so I can get decent gear/weapons.

Remember undercutting is done by players. If an item is valuable enough, it would always be priced within a range. If it falls below a players price threshold, he simply would not post and wait for a better time to do so. However you need to understand that if an item is desirable, and people are willing to put in the effort to make it, they would be expecting a fair return on it.

Using your school of thought, everything should be priced the same and at almost no value because you believe that undercutters are there to drive the prices down to nothing, which is not true.

If the player noticed that the prices has dropped drastically, it either means that the demand for the item has dropped and noone wants the item, or someone is flooding the market with many of the same product.

The underlying price behind an item is the amount he payed for the mats. If a player is able to price an item lower then another player and still make a profit, he deserves to do so. The buyer also deserves to be able to buy the item at the lowest possible price. I mean would you be willing to buy an item that is 10% more expensive then the other just because you hate undercutters?

I personally have not played FF1, but i do believe the same concept applies to all auction houses.
Then you have no idea what I'm talking about to begin with.. If you weren't there to witness rampant undercutting even when supply is down but demand is constant and 30, 40 even 50 of the same item or stack of items is being sold daily I've personally witnessed countless common items being sold dirt cheap, simply because people are impatient. Maybe everyone who keeps talking to me about supply and demand is just missing what I'm saying, I'm not saying that the market is flooded with the item and that stocks are outrageously high.. I'm saying prices plummeting for no good reason..

Here's an example for you.. Tav tacos, 18~ stacks being sold a day, consistently for 29k, with an average of 4-5 stacks up at a time. It's doing just fine, prices are stable, supply is fine. Then, along comes another person who hadn't been selling them, and puts them up for 20k a stack, they sell at the normal 20k for awhile, until someone comes and bids lower then the going price and discovers someone has put them up for cheaper then the normal price. This continues until he's the only one selling them and for 20k a stack.. Guess what happens next? EVERYONE starts dumping them off and before you know it they're down to 10-12k a stack..

That's not a competitive market or a simple pricing war, it's pure idiocy. The supply went up all of 5%, demand remained the same, but prices dropped to damn near 30% of what it was 2 days ago. All because of an impatient asshat undercutting the hell out of everyone.

Now what happens in the XIV marketing system? Idiot that wants to undercut loses profits, no one else has to drop prices just to sell their stuff, the overall market value for said item remains stable..

I've personally witnessed both situations in both games. Auction House = one idiot can *** up the market for everyone (because as long as he keeps putting up his items for the prices he is, you have to put them up for an even lower price, or they won't sell, until his stock runs out, which could be days, weeks or never.) XIV Market System = even a few idiots can sell their stock at ridiculously low prices, and your stuff that is priced at a fair price, and the general going price will still sell, even while his stocks hold out.

Sorry I missed this post. Your vision of how economies work is so scarcely narrow I'm ot really sure what to say. You don't know what your talking about because you act like an objects price is merely a result of supply and demand. It's far more complex than that.

The price system works by affixing a price through the relationship of supply and demand, and in turn affect supply and demand. It's not many different things it's all the same relationship because demand without supply is need and supply without demand is waste. Neither are the happy magic of "Supply and demand" on their own.

Yes, we are talking about a video game economy and not a real economy but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if all prices all the time are high and held high by the regular sellers as you describe then very few things will be sold at all.

Wouldn't it be just great if tav tacos were 29k? what.. why not 50k? 100k? isn't a higher price good? No because you still forget someone has to actually buy it.

In a way your talking about a form of cartel who is happy that the price is at a certain level and you demonize an "asshat" in your own words who breaks up that cartel and starts selling the item for what it's actual market worth is because the worth is determined by the buyer not the seller.

Enron does not get to decide what Enron is worth.

books are good.. ok
[+]
By Tesla 2010-11-12 15:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny, im reading some posts that hate an auction house because of undercutting and some that hate it because of price fixing. Like, we're wanting to circumvent basic behaviors in an economy by just not having an auction house all together. It sounds stupid.

Then there's some people that just want the search feature for market wards and not an auction house. So, they want a list that looks like WoW or Aion without even saying it. Except in this system, you bring up the list, but still have to walk to a market ward or whatever to actually make the purchase. Why wouldn't you just want something centralized? If you want an AH without a price history, say that, not that you just want a search function on top of this decentralized system.

I hate how there's so many people scared to admit (or ignorant) that they want a feature similar to...gasp... WoW.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-12 15:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tesla said:
It's funny, im reading some posts that hate an auction house because of undercutting and some that hate it because of price fixing. Like, we're wanting to circumvent basic behaviors in an economy by just not having an auction house all together. It sounds stupid.

Then there's some people that just want the search feature for market wards and not the auction house. So, they want a list that looks like WoW or Aion without even saying it. Except in this system, you bring up the list, but still have to walk to a market ward or whatever to actually make the purchase. Why wouldn't you just want something centralized? If you want an AH without a price history, say that, not that you just want a search function on top of this decentralized system.

I hate how there's so many people scared to admit (or ignorant) that they want a feature similar to...gasp... WoW.

But that's sooo typical. that's what everyone tries to do is control economies.. to try to fight how they work or stop them from working correctly for their own benefit.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-11-12 15:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

People are assuming that XIV's AH, if created, has to work exactly like XI's does. If you think about it, XI's auction house was a pretty weird-*** design. It was an auction house with no actual bidding, set (but unknown) reserves, buyers don't get to see listing prices, an arbitrary 7 item list limit to avoid it crashing, time limits on sales, and a bizarre system whereby the lowest priced item sells first and listers don't know what other people are listing things for.

It was weird guys, admit it. No real life or virtual economy has ever worked like that. They pulled the system entirely out of their ***, and there's no reason they need to faithfully recreate it.

There are plenty of ways they could centralize the economy in a way that circumvents the shockingly awful design of the market ward system, while not recreating the exact same problems of XI. There is an infinite sea of possible game economy designs out there -- we're not just limited to the arbitrarily binary proposition of "Just like XI, or not."
[+]
By Cara 2010-11-12 16:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tesla said:
I plainly admitted it myself. And I'd be fine if they added a WoW-like AH.. Though when the search system is added to the Market Wards, it'll be very similar to that anyway so it seems sort of redundant.

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
People are assuming that XIV's AH, if created, has to work exactly like XI's does. If you think about it, XI's auction house was a pretty weird-*** design. It was an auction house with no actual bidding, set (but unknown) reserves, buyers don't get to see listing prices, an arbitrary 7 item list limit to avoid it crashing, time limits on sales, and a bizarre system whereby the lowest priced item sells first and listers don't know what other people are listing things for.

It was weird guys, admit it. No real life or virtual economy has ever worked like that. They pulled the system entirely out of their ***, and there's no reason they need to faithfully recreate it.

There are plenty of ways they could centralize the economy in a way that circumvents the shockingly awful design of the market ward system, while not recreating the exact same problems of XI. There is an infinite sea of possible game economy designs out there -- we're not just limited to the arbitrarily binary proposition of "Just like XI, or not."
Could not have said any of this better myself.
 Titan.Eiryn
Server: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-11-12 16:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I never used the WoW AH, but I really liked the Aion AH system. The main reason I say no AH for FFXI is because we all know SE... Will they check the player base before implimenting THEIR idea of an AH? no... Will they actually research/learn what works and what doesnt? no...

This is what scares me about an AH in FFXI. I was never much of a seller in FFXI, I just hated the system so much that I never want to see it again.
By xaero 2010-11-12 16:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Still one of my biggest worries even with the search feature incoming. Is that SE is gonna F it up. It's going to be lame and only do something like search for the item you want in 1 ward at a time. So you end up having to run the same search through each ward because people don't put up goods in the proper wards. I mean I understand yeah we only get 1 retainer atm. So if I wanna sell some weapons I'll setup in the battleward even if I am selling or buying crystals/shards/armor w/e else as well. However all to often people who aren't even selling a single item from the ward they are standing in will do so. So unless SE implements this search smartly it's still going to be slow as all get out, and not to berate SE, but they have not always done things the smart way at first. Sometimes it takes them awhile to get around to it. We could also end up with having to know the names of the items we are looking for, and how to spell em. Yeah let's all learn to spell Ash maki maki. or w/e that damn sword is spelled, or pronounced.
By Tesla 2010-11-12 17:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Eiryn said:
This is what scares me about an AH in FFXI. I was never much of a seller in FFXI, I just hated the system so much that I never want to see it again.

Man, I didn't think it was that bad. It's worlds better than the current market wards system imo.

My current scale:
wow>>>ffxi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ffxiv

Where I'd like it to be:
ffxiv>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wow>>>ffxi
 Valefor.Quickmart
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2010-11-12 17:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

True, but this is SE, a lot of people don't think it wise to give them benefit of the doubt anymore.

Which is why I said I expect them to screw it up equally bad. SE is a Jackass Genie. Maybe not the same, but they'll most likely ruin things somehow.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-12 21:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Totally agree. As someone with an economic background I don't see how it's possible to have a healthy economy that is not centrally controlled in a video game environment. Second life came as close as possible that I can think of.. (and the RMT is probably why that is) but in a truly open and natural economy we could create our own AH's if we so desired irregardless of SE. So in a kind of backhanded way even when not controlling it, they are controlling it.. they are and always will be the authority.

I just think it has to be centrally controlled because market forces don't affect NPC's and Quests. (and I'm very opposed to centrally controlled economies as a rule) Bob the NPC will always buy your ***no matter how much he has already bought before.

I really do like Wow's AH. Generally if you want a good system the more options and tools provided to seller and buyer to voluntarily conduct their transaction is a good thing. Buying and selling should be as easy as Amazon.com

Wow's auctioneer add-on was VERY nice.. that is what you WANT.. you want people making money on the trade of items alone because it keeps prices accurate to the current market value.

Removing tools and creating strange methods for conducting transactions is NOT how to have a natural economy. SE needs to fire their entire economic team, they got it wrong in XI and almost ruined that games economy and they are make even worse mistakes here... but what can I do.. you can't blow at the wind.. these idiots will probably run it right into the ground again.
[+]
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-11-13 00:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

you know if they add a search menu to find the items you want, itll be just like psu is o.o you type in the item you want (say psychowand) and it lists everyone whos selling along with the price next to their name and you can go check their room
 Asura.Authority
user: Authority
By Asura.Authority 2010-11-13 00:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said:
you know if they add a search menu to find the items you want, itll be just like psu is o.o you type in the item you want (say psychowand) and it lists everyone whos selling along with the price next to their name and you can go check their room

Yeah the only difference is, not everyone uses the Market Wards, or they get full. That makes people sit outside of the wards with a bazaar up. Without an Auction House, you are STILL GOING TO HAVE THE PROBLEM that you are having now. I'm pretty sure SE won't allow bazaar searching by zone like they will in the wards. I don't understand how people don't realize this. You need an auction house, and then you can use the market ward for items that you do not want to sell on the AH (ones that have huge listing fees, perhaps your AH is full, etc.)

So while I like the direction the wards are going in, that doesn't mean they shouldn't add an AH. This post wasn't directly aimed at the person I quoted, I was just elaborating on what he was saying.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-13 01:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the main problem I see with the current Market Ward system, besides the lack of a search function. Someone wants to sell a weapon, but they have 9 more spots on their retainer left. So they fill it up with walnuts or other trash items. Say this happens with 20 people. Someone comes along and buys the weapons, now you have a bunch of bazaar trash/spam to go through. On top of that, you have the bandwagoners who want to sell garbage and just plop their retainer into the biggest ward in an attempt to get the most views.

This system is a failure no matter how much you want to defend it. If there was a regular auction house you would never have to see this. You want a walnut? Goto the walnut section. You want a weapon? Goto the weapon section.

Its all fine and good that they separated the wards TRYING to get order, but they fail to realize that when people sell stuff they sell more than one type of item. My time is valuable to me. Sifting through bazaar trash trying to find what I want isn't fun and it isn't worth my time.

Like it was said earlier, they keep adding features making the market ward like an Auction House... just make an Auction House.
[+]
By Izey 2010-11-13 04:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
\
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
sinner said:
Well never fear! Call of Duty Black Ops is here. Not even 3 months into 14 and I'm eager to log off and play something else. What a shame.

same as all the other COD games.
basically... black ops is a dissapointment IMO (this coming from someone who enjoys CODs alot) save ur money and stick with MW2

F@#$^Ting Snipers dont F@%ing work...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-15 06:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Slip suggested in another thread that I come here to see what he thought about the market ward/AH system, so after reading this last page, what very little credibility he almost had is gone. Slip, as you're the one that seems to be defending the current Market Ward system the strongest, your reasoning is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Undercutting IS simply a process of supply and demand. If you want your ***to sell, and 20 other people are selling it, the odds of it selling are pretty bad if you try and sell it for more than they are. Currently, you might get away with it here and there, ONLY because stuff is so goddamn hard to find. Regardless of the overall system though, if you have a good search feature, people will still undercut. If I want to sell something, you're damn right I'm going to search it first and see what price others are selling it at, and, most likely, I'll sell mine cheaper. If it's something I sell often, then maybe I'll go at the same price, who knows, but the point is that the only thing interrupting the usual supply and demand process right now is the god awful method of searching out what you want.

Honestly, I could care less if they keep the market wards, or completely up-root it and add in an Auction House (and there are many different ways of managing an AH, as Jaerik said, it's not just FFXI or nothing), as long as you have a decent search function with either a price history, or price list.

Edit: oh, and having limited slots - like 10 on your retainer or 7 on FFXI's AH - is another cause for undercutting. If everyone had unlimited sale slots, they'd just list everything up for high prices and wait for them to sell, not caring if it takes months. With limited slots you have to make the choice; do I sell 5 of *item* for 5% profit each, or do I try and sell just one for 25% profit and hope it doesn't take too long to sell (or hope the market doesn't crash on it).
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-15 06:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ShiniXIV said:
I see a lot of comparisons between the FFXI auction house and 'real world economics'. I'm not simply jumping to the defence of FFXIV here, but lets say I wanted to buy an item in the real world. I would have to go shopping around for the best price. There is not a single shop I can go to that will offer me the best price of everywhere in the world. Coincidentally, there is not a single auction house in the 'real world' that represents the sale of every item in the world. Even if I'm shopping online, there is no one site that can show me the price everywhere. Sure there are search engines that can grab most prices, but not all.

In other words, why are you guys even playing the real world card on your argument as to why FFXI AH is better than a shop system? It is nothing like the real world. I'm guessing you all want to be lazy about getting your items - so do I, and the retainer system will offer that in the end. The design is bad right now, but much like the rest of the game it's work in progress.

In defence of the idea of the shop system (as it is not currently executed properly in XIV), it worked much better than the auction house ever did in Phantasy Star Universe. It was pretty simple, you had a computer in your room (mog house to all the people who love comparing to XI) which you clicked on and then searched for the item you wanted. Additionally you could add various search parameters or even just browse a category of items just like an auction house. But it was pretty much instant and there was no bidding - you would get a list of player shops (retainers in other words) that had the item and you could order the list by price.

From what I can assume, SE are eventually aiming to have a system that works just like that. So I'm really confused as to why some of you are so hellbent on having the FFXI AH back... The only way I'd want an auction house back is if it was just like a real auction house (i.e. fun), something like the auction house minigame in FFIX.

I actually said it was NOT possible to have a real world economic structure in a video game environment. We agree here.

Although I disagree with you on the AH because if it *is* impossible to have a real world economic structure then the economy must be controlled by SE (like FFXI's economy is controlled) if it is controlled you might as well just have an auction house and make it as easy as possible for players to buy stuff. However that AH does not need to look anything like FFXI's AH.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-15 06:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
I actually said it was NOT possible to have a real world economic structure in a video game environment. We agree here.

Although I disagree with you on the AH because if it *is* impossible to have a real world economic structure then the economy must be controlled by SE (like FFXI's economy is controlled) if it is controlled you might as well just have an auction house and make it as easy as possible for players to buy stuff. However that AH does not need to look anything like FFXI's AH.

I don't see why you can't have a real world economic structure in a game. FFXI's system is the same, FFXIV's system is the same, they're just smaller is all. Compare trying to buy a new camera IRL to trying to buy a new axe in game. RL searching the net = IG searching the ward/AH. RL Browsing shops in your home town = IG browsing bazaars in your home town. 99% of the time you'll get a better price on-line or on the AH/ward.

The one thing that games don't have compared to RL is copyright. There are three ways that RL merchants get rich.

1: Make something better than everyone else, and copyright it so if they copy it you sue their pants off.
2: Sell something cheaper than everyone else.
3: Sell something no-one else is selling.

#1 isn't possible in-game, so if you want to make money, it's all about selling ***cheaper than your competition, or finding a market to cover on your own. The issue with #2 in both situations is undercutters, the issue with #3 in both situations is someone discovering how much money you're making and turning #3 into #2.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-15 07:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:

I don't see why you can't have a real world economic structure in a game. FFXI's system is the same, FFXIV's system is the same, they're just smaller is all. Compare trying to buy a new camera IRL to trying to buy a new axe in game. RL searching the net = IG searching the ward/AH. RL Browsing shops in your home town = IG browsing bazaars in your home town. 99% of the time you'll get a better price on-line or on the AH/ward.

The one thing that games don't have compared to RL is copyright. There are three ways that RL merchants get rich.

1: Make something better than everyone else, and copyright it so if they copy it you sue their pants off.
2: Sell something cheaper than everyone else.
3: Sell something no-one else is selling.

#1 isn't possible in-game, so if you want to make money, it's all about selling ***cheaper than your competition, or finding a market to cover on your own. The issue with #2 in both situations is undercutters, the issue with #3 in both situations is someone discovering how much money you're making and turning #3 into #2.

There are examples already discussed as to why it won't work. Just read back, I don't want to go over it all.. there are WAY too many problems.

People make money by serving their customers and making them happy. The better you can do this, the more money you will make. Copyright law is a legal action not an economic one. Piratically everything the government does is against a natural economic system. Copyright law (and other government interference) is a kind of poison affecting the economic animal.. (It actually freaks me out that you wrote that. People really think that?!)

Also batting around the term undercutting is a little unproductive because it's a very negative economic term (like gouging is). Undercutting is just competition. It is when one party sells for lower price than a competitor. The seller wants to sell their item, the buyer wants to obtain the lowest price, these people are happy with their transaction or else they wouldn't make the sale in the first place. Everyone in this transaction wins. In fact the only person upset with undercutting is the person outside of the transaction who did NOT make the sale. They cry and howl and insult the seller by calling them a scary sounding word "an undercutter". In truth it's just poor sportsmanship.

I think the term undercutting confuses people who don't know about economics into thinking that something nasty is occurring. Just call it what it really is.. it's competition.
 Kujata.Droc
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Droc 2010-11-15 09:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ive played ffxi on and off for 5 years or so so ive seen the economy when like some 1 siad be4 when sh"s were 30 mil and ive seen it when they were 250k and what it boils down to is the maturity of the player which in ffxi case would lead to supply and demand for the simple fact that every one had a sh by the time it got down to 250 k be cause its not a consummable item now ive raised cooking to 100 in ffxi and also have my fishing at 80+ with a lu rod so i could catch every fish u need for fishing to make sushi what i noticed was that people camped the ah for fish to turn sushi out as fast as possible and then sold at a lost which i thought was funny because i could price with them and still make a huge profit because im only paying for the wasbi ect..with that said the problem i see with ffxiv is that there is no price point for any thing at all and until thats established there system is going to be flawed. just adding the search feature really anit gonna change the dynamics to favor the person whose item pops up first because if u a smart shopper ull look for the lowest priced item or atleast compare prices i understand gil is pretty easy to come by in ffxiv right now but that usually changes as people rank up ect especially the way ffxiv is set up i could rank every job up then what would i need any one for because i farm/craft every thing on my own or with a few friends basically what im trying to get at is yes the ah in ffxi is jacked but the same thing can and prolly will happen to ffxiv for the simple fact of the way u rank up in the game there would be no need to buy anything from any 1 cuz u could make it your self
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-15 09:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Droc said:
ive played ffxi on and off for 5 years or so so ive seen the economy when like some 1 siad be4 when sh"s were 30 mil and ive seen it when they were 250k and what it boils down to is the maturity of the player which in ffxi case would lead to supply and demand for the simple fact that every one had a sh by the time it got down to 250 k be cause its not a consummable item now ive raised cooking to 100 in ffxi and also have my fishing at 80+ with a lu rod so i could catch every fish u need for fishing to make sushi what i noticed was that people camped the ah for fish to turn sushi out as fast as possible and then sold at a lost which i thought was funny because i could price with them and still make a huge profit because im only paying for the wasbi ect..with that said the problem i see with ffxiv is that there is no price point for any thing at all and until thats established there system is going to be flawed. just adding the search feature really anit gonna change the dynamics to favor the person whose item pops up first because if u a smart shopper ull look for the lowest priced item or atleast compare prices i understand gil is pretty easy to come by in ffxiv right now but that usually changes as people rank up ect especially the way ffxiv is set up i could rank every job up then what would i need any one for because i farm/craft every thing on my own or with a few friends basically what im trying to get at is yes the ah in ffxi is jacked but the same thing can and prolly will happen to ffxiv for the simple fact of the way u rank up in the game there would be no need to buy anything from any 1 cuz u could make it your self
Your lack of sentence structure, capitalization and punctuation disturbs me.