Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Suggestions to get some Atma's
Suggestions to get some Atma's
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-11-08 08:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking for suggestions on how to get a few Atma's with 4~5 people (between us we can cover all jobs except BST and PUP).

The Atma's I'm looking at are:

Voracious Violet - Eccentric Eve
Stout Arm - Briareus
Allure - Carabosse
Razed Ruin - Ironclad Pulverizer
Minikin Monstrosity - Durinn

I'm not necessarily looking for in-depth fight strategies, but a small idea of ideal jobs/etc would be awesome <3
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-11-08 09:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well for briareus you will need jobs that can do ranged damage (blm, rng) because melee does half damage. (blm, rng, whm, rdm, another rng?)

Durinn I think can be a kite fight with just mage jobs. (rdm, blm, whm)

not sure about the others... and how your gonna proc red with just the job's i've said above. and my party set up for briareus may not work (never done him low man always used 2 pld to duel tank him with healers and ranged jobs).
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-11-08 09:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You will not be able to hold Eve, Briareus or Pulverizer with 4-5 while still bringing enough jobs to proc the !! for atma.

How's that for in-depth?
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-11-08 09:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

well if 1 person is a NIN and another is a WAR (with all their combat skills up) u can trigger all red !!

Club: Seraph strike
Dagger: Cyclone Energy drain
Great katana: Tachi: Jinpu Tachi: Koki
Great sword: Freezebite
Katana: Blade: Ei
Polearm: Raiden thrust
Scythe: Shadow of death
Staff: Sunburst Earth crusher
Sword: Red lotus blade Seraph blade

[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-08 09:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not doing Briareus with 4-5 and proc'ing atma. You won't be able to cover all WSs and be effective, so unless you get lucky on the proc you wont get it. I would say PLD RDM BLM BLM WAR would be your best bet. You're going to need stuns. The war can cover most WSs. If you can get 6, add a ninja into your mix to cover katana and great katana and you'd be set. Keep in mind the fight will be damn difficult seeing as how you don't have most of the atmas that would have made it easier.

What I said for Briareus actually goes for most of the ones you listed there. The easiest one is Carabosse. You can easily kill him with 4-5. The others will be difficult. Not impossible, but without atmas, difficult.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-11-08 09:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
well if 1 person is a NIN and another is a WAR (with all their combat skills up) u can trigger all red !!! Club: Seraph strike Dagger: Cyclone Energy drain Great katana: Tachi: Jinpu Tachi: Koki Great sword: Freezebite Katana: Blade: Ei Polearm: Raiden thrust Scythe: Shadow of death Staff: Sunburst Earth crusher Sword: Red lotus blade Seraph blade
yea but they won't be able to kill some of these nm low man that way with those 2 jobs if they only have 5 people. Simply put becuase of the abyssea weakness system low man is harder to do because of how uneffective it is at getting drops in many cases of abyssea.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-11-08 09:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
well if 1 person is a NIN and another is a WAR (with all their combat skills up) u can trigger all red !!! Club: Seraph strike Dagger: Cyclone Energy drain Great katana: Tachi: Jinpu Tachi: Koki Great sword: Freezebite Katana: Blade: Ei Polearm: Raiden thrust Scythe: Shadow of death Staff: Sunburst Earth crusher Sword: Red lotus blade Seraph blade
yea but they won't be able to kill some of these nm low man that way with those 2 jobs if they only have 5 people. Simply put becuase of the abyssea weakness system low man is harder to do because of how uneffective it is at getting drops in many cases of abyssea.

your right, but would highly suggest 1 of the 5 coming WAR to hit a MAJORITY of the weapons

since its the main thing they are after, leaving 4 to do a kite strat
 Alexander.Kaizan
Server: Alexander
user: Kaizan
By Alexander.Kaizan 2010-11-08 09:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

for Briarus we had 7 man crew. Mnk tanking(staff/handtohand), drk(GS, scythe)-> blm for stuns, rdm(seraph blade, red lotus blade), brd (cyclone, energy drain), nin(GK/katana), whm(club), sam(raiden thrust)-> sch/drk

Each brought icarus wing and people that had to change went first, build tp first and only 2 on mob at time keeping mnk as main tank after initial ws.
By dianara 2010-11-08 10:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

People are making this sound much tougher than it actually is...

My group has obtained these atmas and we are just 4 people (a couple dual box) and sometimes we bring an extra friend along.

Obtain multiple trigger sets for each target, that way you dont need to cover every single WS to hope to stagger.

"Durinn I think can be a kite fight with just mage jobs"

Generally, if your going for atmas i dont see why you would kite fight targets that are easy to tank (which includes all those you mentioned)

"Well for briareus you will need jobs that can do ranged damage"

You do not need any ranged dmg for briareus.

"You will not be able to hold Eve, Briareus or Pulverizer with 4-5 while still bringing enough jobs to proc the !! for atma".

Partially correct, you can beat those targets very easily with 5 people or so and also cover alot of the WSs, just chose your jobs to ensure a safe victory and get TP before the fight, + bring TP temp items and unload a barrage of WSs as soon as the mob is popped.

"You're not doing Briareus with 4-5 and proc'ing atma. You won't be able to cover all WSs and be effective, so unless you get lucky on the proc you wont get it"

Wrong. Its easy, you just need enough trigger sets. The fight is easy with just a few people, therefore you just need to cover a decent amount of the WSs and keep trying.

It is true however that the fights may be abit rougher without any atmas. However, if you play it smart and work your way up the chain its very easy even with only few people.

The key is making the fight stable and efficient before worrying about staggering.

First make sure your support healers have the Heavens atma from windy for the refresh. After that you can target Dozing Dorian, it shouldnt pose a threat. Its a force spawn with easy triggers, and therefore you can spam it til u get lucky on staggering for its atma. The +HP on it will help get you started on some tougher targets.
Next target Durinn, its triggers are all easy to get and the NM is a push over. Nothing special about the fight, just open with a barrage of WS from all participants. Make sure everyone there makes use of w/e WS they can (an obvious example is having whm use club for instance and mnk use staff). Once you have the MM and Heavens Atmas on your backline, you have considerable healing power which is helpful in taking on the tougher targets like EE and IP.

Next i would advise going for EE as its also quite weak and dies quick once you start fighting. Its also very easy to open on with a barrage of WS and hope for staggering.

After that you pretty much have a solid base of atmas with which to make the tougher targets like IP a cakewalk.

As for job lineup, definatly bring whm and rdm. Have the rdm sub drk, for emergancy stuns and so it can open the fight with the 2 sword WSs. After that melee wise its up to you i guess MNK WAR and SAM are all good choices, personnally id go for MNK and SAM. I know WAR brings alot of WSs, but as i said earlier prioritise making the fight smooth, then u can rince and repeat til u land on 1 of the WSs you have. I wouldnt put more than 2 melee on some targets however, use ur 5th as a support job instead. Perhasps BRD is a good choice as it will also bring dagger WSs.
Dont bother bringing a PLD tank, your melee /nin should work fine if they are skilled enough.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-08 10:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say do razed ruins first, its really easy to fight just bit difficult at times to proc red !!, might have to do more than 1 ws of each due to his nature. Synthetic atma is also really nice for mages, shantotto expansion and heavens from windurst is +10 mp a tick with other goodies.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-08 10:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I would say do razed ruins first, its really easy to fight just bit difficult at times to proc red !!, might have to do more than 1 ws of each due to his nature. Synthetic atma is also really nice for mages, shantotto expansion and heavens from windurst is +10 mp a tick with other goodies.

Just kite iron pulverizer, I solo'd a ton of his hp down as blm while we were trying to proc the red !! (we had pld tank but he couldnt get the hate off me lol). Took a bunch of ws retries because they went in during his melee hits, tried to stun and then ws which worked until he built total immunity. Very easy fight though, make sure healers are on top of things when he throws his head off and you kill it.
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2010-11-08 10:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

.... 10 mp a tick?! holy crap lol

I've missed lots, apparently. xD
By dianara 2010-11-08 11:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Heavens and MM is 15mp/tick lol
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-11-08 11:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

dianara said:
Hopefuly next update will get an nm that also has a 10mp per tic atma... then we can get 20mp per tic.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-08 11:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
well if 1 person is a NIN and another is a WAR (with all their combat skills up) u can trigger all red !!

wasnt there more then one for gs?
By Hsieh 2010-11-08 11:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
dianara said:
Hopefuly next update will get an nm that also has a 10mp per tic atma... then we can get 20mp per tic.
Hopefully next update we can get another abyssite for 3 atmas!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-08 12:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:

wasnt there more then one for gs?

No
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-08 17:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so out this what are the easiest to get atms that are actually usefull?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-08 17:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

also what the full ls of !!! trigger wses?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-08 17:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your jobs, but none of them are really hard to get... If you use a crit WS, VV and RR are pretty much mandatory with rare exceptions. If you are a SAM or DRK, I guess you're looking at VV + SA instead. Mages should have MM; Allure is fantastic for healers and Beyond or Heavens for nukers. Sanguine Scythe (potentially Ebon Hoof instead) is big for tanks. Beyond that, Gnarled Horn and Cloak & Dagger/Siren Shadow come to mind depending on your needs. Hybrids mix and match as needed.
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-11-08 17:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
so out this what are the easiest to get atms that are actually usefull?
Atma of the Heavens; 5 MP/tick for every mage is a nice place to start improving your group's MP flow. All you need is to finish the Windurst's Mission line (and have the Scars of Abyssea add-on). Also has INT+10 and MAB+10.

Atma of Ambition is the same 5 MP/tick, but movement speed+12.5% and Fast Cast instead of INT and MAB+10. Requires the completion of the A Shantotto Ascension add-on, which seems more annoying than the Windurst mission, but it is arguable a better Atma.

Atma of the Ebon Hoof is very useful for surviving nasty NMs. Looking back, I would have prioritized getting this over other Atma from NMs.

Ebon Hoof and either Heavens or Ambition synethetic Atmas will make getting other NM ones easier.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-11-08 19:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If all the DD's have spare Resistance Credits, each can buy 2 different types of TP Wings from the Bastion Prefects in the Scars areas: the Lucid Wings I and the Dusty Wing. The first gives 50% TP to all party members in range, while the second gives 300% TP. This is in addition to the Monarch's Drink regain potion they carry as well. (280 credits for all three) Provided the mages have combat skills high enough, and are in no direct danger of AOE, they can get the temp items also.

Because these Resistance Credit temp items--like all Abyssea ones--are persistent across all zones, you can just stock up on these in advance to help quickly sort through the various WS'es needed to trigger red !!'s.
[+]