Effective Way Of Leveling?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Trade Skills » Fisher » Effective way of leveling?
Effective way of leveling?
 Alexander.Lunay
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-10-29 19:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently fisherman 12 and was wondering about the best method/spot to gain skill points.

Basically, I was wondering if it's best to just spam grade 1 spots with easier catches and seemingly infinite amount of fishing casts, but with low skill per catch.. OR go to grade 2 spots with slightly harder catches and with more skill point gain but limited fishing attempts.

Currently I chose to spam grade 1 since:

1) As stated, you can cast infinite amount of times, unlike grade 2 where the fishing points fade after certain amount of catches.

2) No moving around from point to point.

So am I doing it wrong? Any suggestion on the best way to level fishing would be appreciated. And yes, I also do Leves.

By Shenji06 2010-10-30 14:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Im currently fishing 6 but one of my linkshell buddies is 20 he says he usually grinds higher pools when the leave quests are done fishpools 2 - 3 ,he says is what most effectif too grind and better in the long run.

If you keep fishing grade 1 it might be steady sp but its like 6 cast too maybe 1 in the higher pools plus a bigger variety of fishes and etc who does help if your lvleing cooking, alchemy or anything for bait and etc.

Alexander.Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-10-31 02:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I love using the grade 2 fishing spot south of Camp Skull Valley.. but the problem is after maybe 20 casts it vanishes and gives me the message of "all of the area has been fished out". So I was wondering if there is a better location that I'm not aware of. Also, how long does it take for the fishing spots to refresh?

I know I can't grind on grade 1 forever, hence I want some advice for future leveling.
By Zenshiro14 2010-10-31 17:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol move too the side of it and you can fish again i never had this problem i just move around too the other side and start fishing again.

Alexander.Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-10-31 18:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow no kidding? If I remember correctly, in the beta, it wouldn't let me fish at all after an area has all been fished out even if I moved to a nearby by spot. This is great news and can't wait to try it. Thanks guys.
By Harrent 2010-10-31 21:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The higher level you get, the more times you get to spam a particular spot thats below your level.

I.E. You are level 10, you can spam a level 1 spot 5 times. At level 20, you can spam a level 2 spot 5 times. etc...
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-10-31 21:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

At 12-13 I went to Horizon, slightly NW of the Aeth. The pond there you can catch Dark Bass among other things. Decent skill ups..

Mostly I just save my Guardian's Favor for fishing leves cuz you can pull up 500+ SP from them. Since I chew through leve mobs on my MRD and SP I get from them don't really make a dent in my TNR, I figure that's the best use for it anyways.
 Alexander.Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-11-01 05:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I was aware of that Harrent but thank you. It doesn't seem to really matter for fishing anyway since, as Zenshiro said, you can spam the fishing spot even after the spot has been exhausted. I just wasn't aware because I could have sworn that wasn't possible in the beta.

And I am also starting to save my Guardian's Favor for Land based Leves for the same reason as Slip.

I'm no expert at fishing and just want to hit 15 early as possible to unlock the rank 20 fishing Leve for some goodies. And now, I am on my way to do so thanks to you guys! ^^
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-02 16:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just realized I put NW when I meant NE <.<