Retainer Name Only?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIVPro.com » Suggestions » Retainer Name only?
Retainer Name only?
 Bahamut.Kibeth
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Maybri
By Bahamut.Kibeth 2010-10-27 13:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Any plans to add a privacy feature that lists only retainer names but not character names?

The-other-bazaar-manager-site has a "Hide Player Name" option when setting up retainers.

I really can't stand their site design though.
I support FFXIV Pro! lol
You guys have been outstanding with your databases.
Looking forward to when you get the FFXIV items and recipes database ready for power searches. ^^
By Unmei 2010-10-27 14:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kibeth said:
Any plans to add a privacy feature that lists only retainer names but not character names? The-other-bazaar-manager-site has a "Hide Player Name" option when setting up retainers. I really can't stand their site design though. I support FFXIV Pro! lol You guys have been outstanding with your databases. Looking forward to when you get the FFXIV items and recipes database ready for power searches. ^^

I don't think that is a good idea...there might be some one who you my not want to support or buy from...like a known RMT or just some *** who you don't want to give your buisness to by allowing people to hide who their player is alleviates this option.
[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-10-27 17:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, it's an interesting suggestion. Usually when I get into hiding user/character and in this case character/retainer relationships, it can get it bit complicated when implementing future features. I have experienced this with FFXIAH.com.

For example, I would then have to hide the bazaar entries on your character page. I might have someone suggest not to reveal their username too, which is currently used to send a private message. And your user page displays your linked FFXIV characters.

The suggestion has been noted. I don't know if I will do it yet though. Thanks for supporting ffxivpro!
By magnusvonh 2010-10-28 00:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt do it, for the aforementioned " douchebag " radar alert..

Plenty of people on here are absolute ***. Avoidance is wonderful.
[+]
By Saiga 2010-10-28 18:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I would totally do it just to make magnus vonh angry. No but really I wouldn't mind having my retainer be separate from my character as I do bazaar in two different places, and i bazaar different items in each location