users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Mimic theory
Mimic theory
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-16 02:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I was about to leave abyssea misareaux found a mimic and was gonna mijin gakure on it, well it turned out to not be a mimic but to be a legit chest blue with a feeble soothing light.

My theory is that the abyssites that are "The bearer will experience greater fortune with (insert color here) pyxides" are in regard to those laying about abysssea.
The only abyssite I have for that is the one you buy for cruor that is blue.
Seeing as how there is one for each color chest blue, red, gold from heroes, and visions making a total of 2 for each color.
Possibly in the next update they have a 3rd for each color making those mimics into T3 chests of that type when you open them, or making it a small chance that it is a mimic.
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-10-16 03:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

from what ive seen (due to whm leg seal being a *** and forcing you to walk all over) there are 2 colors of random chests.
blue chests which are equivalent to the lowest amount of lights (normally they give a scant amount of cruor or exp if you open them)

or the gold chests which are in actuality always mimics that want to *** your day up.

regardless they both suck so stick to the chests that drop from mobs lol
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-16 03:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said:
from what ive seen (due to whm leg seal being a *** and forcing you to walk all over) there are 2 colors of random chests.
blue chests which are equivalent to the lowest amount of lights (normally they give a scant amount of cruor or exp if you open them)

or the gold chests which are in actuality always mimics that want to *** your day up.

regardless they both suck so stick to the chests that drop from mobs lol

yep
[+]
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-16 03:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not advocating farming mimic chests, just speculating that there might be a reason that they are there, always.
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-10-16 04:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

the reason be to kill unwitting players. ive seen a couple of them spawn near exp camps. imagine if it popped in the camp and someone tried poppin it cause they thought it was items XD
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-10-16 04:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny this thread is up about mimics. We just killed one and it gave some exp and cruor, that's it.

Good if you need a little extra exp I guess?
 Bismarck.Aena
Server: Bismarck
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2010-11-03 21:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually never knew they could be mimics until someone (weeks later) joked about opening a stray box and popping a mimic on his alliance. I'd already opened a bunch I had come across on my own early on, though. They mostly only had junk temporary items in them. Then I stopped popping them, but I've still never seen a mimic!

I know the topic sorta died, but I've been busyyy.