Forum » FFXI » General » Gameplay for Xbox360 and Playstation 3 for HNM
Gameplay for Xbox360 and Playstation 3 for HNM
 Hades.Dekar
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Dekar
By Hades.Dekar 2009-02-06 04:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My computer is a little outdated and can't really afford a top notch computer for FF and i'm thinking about getting a Xbox or Ps3 mainly b/c of the lag i get when i do HNM's like DA on my computer is horrible i tanked Nidhogg running at 1.0-4.0fps was horrid ***was wondering how well they performed in situations like that. Like i have 0% claim at fafhog or Behe cuz of the massive number of ppl in 1spot where it pops Ada i could have a chance but it's sleep give me some advice on ppl who do hnm and play on ps3 or xbox and tell me if your able to claim if mob normally pops claimed lag and what not just give me some info on how it performs for ***like that thanks
 Odin.Arnor
Server: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-02-06 05:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Xbox on HNMs in my experience it can get a bit laggy at times.. i have witnessed mobs popping claimed on occasion but not all the time.. the only problem i really have with xbox is it has a habit of freezing during besieged.. other then that itusually runs fine
 Sylph.Kehl
Server: Sylph
user: Kehl
By Sylph.Kehl 2009-02-06 05:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i find it runs fine with hardly any lag unless in besieged thats the only prob.. i dont normally get lag during anything else even dyna isnt too bad is laggy but not extreme laggy.
 Cerberus.Toabea
Server: Cerberus
user: Toabea
By Cerberus.Toabea 2009-02-06 05:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Irrelevant which system you use, Xbox 360 & PS2/PS3 can't beat botters ^^;

I have both, doesn't make any diffrence for me.
 Ragnarok.Albender
Server: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-02-06 06:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No difference on Dragon's Aery, Behemot's Dominion, etc...
 Garuda.Darkfurycult
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Darkfurycult 2009-02-06 07:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

im a 360 user and arnor from odin post is spot on
some times i have prob with campaign 2 but that about it
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-02-06 08:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

it would be nice to see FFXI come to the PS3
 Titan.Xanakali
Server: Titan
user: Xanakali
By Titan.Xanakali 2009-02-06 11:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be even nicer to see all console support dropped.
 Ramuh.Jackel
Server: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2009-02-06 12:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Xanakali said:

Fail
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-02-06 12:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Xanakali said:

Fail
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-06 12:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Dekar said:
My computer is a little outdated and can't really afford a top notch computer for FF and i'm thinking about getting a Xbox or Ps3 mainly b/c of the lag i get when i do HNM's like DA on my computer is horrible i tanked Nidhogg running at 1.0-4.0fps was horrid ***was wondering how well they performed in situations like that. Like i have 0% claim at fafhog or Behe cuz of the massive number of ppl in 1spot where it pops Ada i could have a chance but it's sleep give me some advice on ppl who do hnm and play on ps3 or xbox and tell me if your able to claim if mob normally pops claimed lag and what not just give me some info on how it performs for ***like that thanks

How outdated is your PC? I mean, FFXI doesn't really use a whole hell of a lot in terms of hardware, so unless it's really old there may be some settings you can change to boost the framerate and responsiveness, such as character animation, weather effects, shadows, maximum character models displayed, draw distance, etc...

What's your internet/network speed? Only reason I'm asking is because moving to a console ain't gonna help much if your network is behind your lag issues, obviously...
 Seraph.Jessee
Server: Seraph
user: Jessee
By Seraph.Jessee 2009-02-06 14:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played personally on about every setup possible. Currently play FFXI on either my Xbox or my Mac. Xbox runs pretty good for me except the constant half second lag on everything in comparison to using a PC.

Not only will you notice on rare occasions a claimed pop, but for me pulling up the Macro bar seems to be slower than it is on PC (again by maybe .25~.5 seconds) Not anything to really cry over, but noticeable and slightly inhibiting if you do a lot of camping.

Freezing on xbox is a constant problem though for me, but only in certain places, no where else.

1) Besieged, always while fighting on stairs
2) Campaign Battle, always while casting a spell
3) Dynamis-Xcarabard, always right next to the dagger

All in all, FFXI runs fine on xbox for everyday situations, but camping HNMs I'd prefer a PC. FFXI runs great on any decent PC with minor tweaks to the graphics and effects of the game itself. The only exception to this in my book is Vista. Having Vista run FFXI is like having a mentally challenged kid solve a math problem.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-06 14:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Jessee said:
The only exception to this in my book is Vista. Having Vista run FFXI is like having a mentally challenged kid solve a math problem.

QFT.

Dunno why, but my vista laptop, which is superior to my desktop PC in pretty much every way (faster memory, better proc, Sata HD, etc), is choppy as hell. Basically only use it when I'm traveling or the rare instance when I need to dual box something; I wouldn't even attempt Besieged with it lol...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Dekar
Server: Hades
user: Dekar
By Hades.Dekar 2009-02-06 18:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

my computer specs are
Windows Xp home edition
Dell diminsion 2400
itel celeron cup 2.40 ghz
1278ram
run Ati x1550 graphics card
i've talked to alot of my friends about my computer the problem they say is i run on Pci the dead pci not express any other information you'd like you'd have to ask directly far as i know this is what your looking for
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-02-06 23:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have vista and I have no problems with it.

Anyway, i was browsing this thread because i was thinking about buying an Xbox360 or PS3 and had the same questions. Although my computer works fine, i'm one of those geeks that like to dual box.
 Cerberus.Fumant
Server: Cerberus
user: Fumant
By Cerberus.Fumant 2009-02-07 00:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

in terms oh HNMs on the Xbox360 your game play will not vary too much but as stated before you will not run as fast as your computer and ps2 counterparts. The ps2 and the pc have the ability to run about the same in terms lag, processing, etc. The Xbox360 runs a little slower because it has to run through Xbox live before it processes everything.

Its like business. PC and PS2 are factory direct. Xbox360 is the middle man. If you are fine with very little lag and just want to get off the PC then 360 might work for you. PS2 will run just like you are on the PC on most occasions unless your PS2 is messed up in any way which will slow down the processing from the harddrive.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-07 01:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dekar said:
my computer specs are
Windows Xp home edition
Dell diminsion 2400
itel celeron cup 2.40 ghz
1278ram
run Ati x1550 graphics card
i've talked to alot of my friends about my computer the problem they say is i run on Pci the dead pci not express any other information you'd like you'd have to ask directly far as i know this is what your looking for

From the specs you've given, you should be able to run FFXI just fine...I first started playing on a 1.3 GHz AMD with 512 Mb of RAM and a 128 Mb ATI Card and it ran fine. My card was AGP 4x...but I couldn't see how AGP and PCI could make that much of a difference at the basic settings, and it could probably even be tweaked up a bit via the registry edits.

What type of internet connection are you running? Are you running through a router or straight in? If you're lagging out like you describe something can't be right...are your video card drivers up to date? Defragged? Background programs shut down? Firewall/Antivirus? All that good stuff? Because from what you describe you should be getting a decent 29 fps with the extra stuff turned off most of the time (big events with lots of people are going to lag no matter what platform you play on, it must be a network thing...)

Anyways, if you just want to get a 360 that's cool, but if you've already got the PC client you might as well try and get that working first to see if it's necessary.