Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Advanced Synthesis Support Question
Advanced Synthesis Support Question
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-06 00:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I am currently 65 Boncraft and looking at recipes to get to 70. First is Beast Horns to 66 cause Ram Horns are easy to farm, but 2 horns per synth could make it slow to get to 66. Then I was going do Demon's Rings to 70. With Advanced synth support what do you think the average amount of breaks would be if I tried them at 65? Demon horn stacks are around 25k and the rings are about 5-8k a piece so as long as I make 5 per stack I won't lose anything in the long run. Thoughts?
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-02-06 03:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell honestly I wouldn't even use advance support, man. The bigger the gap, the higher the proc rate to getting a skill up. So if you're concern about breaks, use just the basic support image and take it to 66 or 67 with that and then use no support image to 70.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-06 03:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
The bigger the gap, the higher the proc rate to getting a skill up.

From what I remember about crafting, the ideal skill up area is 3-5 levels above your current level.

If I remember right, Synthesis Support also makes no difference to the actual level of your craft, it merely increases your success rate a similar amount as to having X amount of levels (Basic 1, Advanced 3. Something like that anyway).

I didn't take crafting all too seriously, so I could be wrong.
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-02-06 04:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:

From what I remember about crafting, the ideal skill up area is 3-5 levels above your current level.

I think you meant to say below, right? And that's what he was curious about too. 65 to 70. So it fits perfectly within the 'ideal' skill up.

And synthesis support doesn't just increase your success rate only. It increases your actual skill. So basic is skill + 1 and advance is skill + 3. So in essence it is increasing your success and HQ rate.

And I power crafted cooking with some recipes with a 8-10 lvl gap and I'd use the advance synthesis support to fill in the gap to get more successful crafts so I wouldn't lose too much gil and would frequently get .2 or .3 at the lower lvls. Then cycle in the basic image to not overkill my skill up.
 Fairy.Bigimus
Server: Fairy
user: Bigimus
By Fairy.Bigimus 2009-02-06 05:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Basic lvl gap i use on crafting for skillups is 5-7 lvls. it doesnt push the bounderies as much as you think so you get a lil better chance of gettin some decent skill ups.