Item Set, See What You Guys Think About It.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Item Set, see what you guys think about it.
Item Set, see what you guys think about it.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-02-05 03:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB. This is something you take as a grain of salt. My self, I'll take 10int over 5 mab anyday. Standard calculation being 2int=1mab. As per my average dmg, 1int is 5dmg 1mab is 10. So I do agree with the wiki post of 2>1 ratio. Mab is only dmg output though. It doesn't help acc, doesn't achieve any INT tiers. So when picking a slot and deciding between MAB or INT. Factors are, your INT tier, how bad will you cripple it by using straight MAB (We're not Taru ;;) Over all Magic Acc given Via INT. Personal choice, I go with INT then MAB. Again I think of everything in that "Dual purpose" thinking. I'd take Jet Seraweels over Cobra legs. Not because less dmg output. Jet Seraweels mod Stoneskin too. Trews wouldn't. Again, you can mod cure for whatever it's worth wearing +MND opposed to something +INT or MAB. Personal choice there.
 Fairy.Rikhu
Server: Fairy
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-02-05 03:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
I think you got your numbers mixed up. According to wiki, its Skill = .9 accuracy. So, you would want to say that the 12 additional Magic Accuracy (1.1 * 12 = 13.2 Elemental Magic Skill)off.

thanks for clearing thats up, i only give 320/120 build which i got from kaeko and make example by myself lol

Korpg said:
That means that I achieved a 330/121 (given food for +7 skill). Which isn't bad, you never mentioned where MAB comes in, so I'm really at 330/121/43 with a 1/20 chance of doing 330/121/53.

for Mab, i think you can lower your elemental skill to 320 and stack many m.atk gear you want. :)
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-05 03:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rikhu said:
Korpg said:
I think you got your numbers mixed up. According to wiki, its Skill = .9 accuracy. So, you would want to say that the 12 additional Magic Accuracy (1.1 * 12 = 13.2 Elemental Magic Skill)off.
thanks for clearing thats up, i only give 320/120 build which i got from kaeko and make example by myself lol
Korpg said:
That means that I achieved a 330/121 (given food for +7 skill). Which isn't bad, you never mentioned where MAB comes in, so I'm really at 330/121/43 with a 1/20 chance of doing 330/121/53.
for Mab, i think you can lower your elemental skill to 320 and stack many m.atk gear you want. :)

I could, but really, I don't want to lose too much Accuracy in leau of Attack (same for my WAR) so I think this setup is actually the best you can do for max accuracy (even with 320 skill, you still get the occasional resist, but with 330 skill, that resist gets lower still on major stuff), max attack, and max INT.

Besides, if I lose some of the accuracy in leau of attack, that would mean that I would also lose something else that I don't consider an important factor in this setup (i.e. All of my Magic Accuracy gear also has another stat on it, so basically I will be losing both). Plus, I have (limited however, they are just bonuses) MP mods in this set that I really don't want to mess with much.

I think that this set is the best I can hope for.

I hope this thread helps anyone else who wishes to increase their BLMs stats out a lot. Even though I want to see everyone using this set (would lower prices eventually if more people demand it, then go away ;p) I still want to be the first to have it all.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-02-05 04:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, your set has two Morrigan's Cuffs on it. Stats aren't Aprox. Idk bro. I guess if you're big into salvage that WL is doable in relatively short time. If not, Santa maybe who you'd want to PM next. Ever think about getting Vicious Mufflers to sit in slot till something better? Free gear, maybe Yigit Hands also? They're only .5 mab off Z and M Hands. Give INT, help SS, got EVA, could both be nice substitutes until M Hands.I see you're aiming for ease/price or I maybe mistaken? Another alternative is Cobra Feet vs. Yigit. With their added MP and Conserve MP and again only a .5Mab loss. Good contender considering MP/Conserve MP results. If they conserve processes during a AM2, they have out done Yigit for par dmg w/ their added MP. Again .5Mab for me is all of 5 DMG.

Sorc's ring is nice, but consider what gear you'll need to latent it. Zenith head,Pants,Hands,R pumps,Any Ele grip, 15-30hp conversion on your neck. I only mention this not to discourage you, it is sometimes overlooked what using Sorc's Ring really entails. Which is either a crap load of AH pieces, or Zenith and a few jewelries/accessories.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-05 04:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I'm good on Sorc Ring latent gears. I had Zenith Crown, Mitts, Pants, R.Pumps, Astral Ring (from SMN) and a Blue Cape (also from SMN) for a long time now. So I got the latent already.

Didn't know about the double cuffs on it, guess I have to make a correction on my 330/121/43 then (325/121/38).

Fixed that set though, so everything is correct.

P.S. Vicious Mufflers are only for those who don't have Zenith Mitts. The "Absorb" increase is only for DRK spells (not drain or aspir, sadly), so they don't help at all for BLM.
 Fairy.Rikhu
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-02-05 04:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Goliard Cuffs also nice sub until you get your hand on Morrigan's Cuffs. Good luck on getting your Dream Blm set2, korpg.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-05 09:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you shouldn't simply "blindly" believe whats wiki says about M.acc, I mean wiki is nothing, everyone can edit it, you, me, everyone. One day someone said "Accuracy, perhaps 0.9 Magic Accuracy after 200 skill. " != truth. Notice that the one who edited this article do not provide facts. When accuracy matters (on HNM and stuff), if you only nuke using AM II on MB, you'll hardly need that extra m.acc anyway, knowing capped AM II will grants you a +25 MaCC bonus.
---
As for your item set, you're saying that you cannot afford Morrigan Robe but still want to use Ixion Cape, Genie Weskit and Witch Sash. I'd replace Witch Sash with Sorcerer Belt (keep p.rope in inv for forcing yellow and MND based spells). Ixion Cape with a Prism Cape (until Ixion Cape price fall down, unless you in a HNMls that'll give it to you for free, cause for now this item is really overpriced...), Genie Weskit with Morrigan Robe. Money-wise, it's almost the same.

Stats wise, having Morrigan Robe would enable you to eventually use the full morrigan set.

Upgrading the crown without having the full set is a bad choice I think, either go full elemental skill and use AFv2 hat when nuking HNM, either use Demon Helm+1. Using something in between is kinda meh :/ Especially when that something cost 2M to upgrade.

You should make 2 different set, one for "maximum nuke" (either nuke on weak mobs, non HNM, HNM while MB'ing, HNM while ESeal is on), and another one for "maximum accuracy". In a such case, AFv2 hat and AF+1 hands are your best friend. Mixing the two set ain't a great idea.

Remove the Wise Strap, 3% of +10 MaB doesn't worth it :/ +1INT/MND and 10MP anytime is way better in my opinion. As for 320/120 build, well I nuked some high resistant mob (Dynamis Lord for example) with 339/130, still got high resist rate...
---

I would personally use this set when accuracy ain't an issue (=90% of my nuke).

Difference with yours :

INT : +8
MAB : +2
MaCC : -11
MP : +15 / HP+30 (took HP to MP in consideration)
Enmity : -3
Auto Refresh

Your set is pretty balanced however, still nice and do not require Salvage spam to get Full Morrigan.

I think the pro of Morrigan set is that 4 of 5 piece have a double use, feets are awesome for Stoneskin and all MND based debuff. Legs are as good as feets for MND based spells but also INT based spells (Easy 152 INT+ DoTs etc...). Hands MaCC can be used for enfeebling magic (not as good as Oracle Gloves but pretty decent and doesn't waste 1 inventory slot). Robe got auto refresh. Only head is kinda useless since we have Genie Tiara for Enfeebling and AFv2 hat for Elemental Skill.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-05 16:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
I think you shouldn't simply "blindly" believe whats wiki says about M.acc, I mean wiki is nothing, everyone can edit it, you, me, everyone. One day someone said "Accuracy, perhaps 0.9 Magic Accuracy after 200 skill. " != truth. Notice that the one who edited this article do not provide facts. When accuracy matters (on HNM and stuff), if you only nuke using AM II on MB, you'll hardly need that extra m.acc anyway, knowing capped AM II will grants you a +25 MaCC bonus.

You are correct that wiki can be edited. But think of this, because it can freely be edited by anyone, that means that the incorrect information can be changed at any time. Since this article has been up for a while now, you would have to assume that nobody is disputing it. And on the article, they made a good point about Death Blossom or however you spell it. Since there is a magic evasion down to the WS, it would have to be assumed that MAcc and Acc in the game run simular to each other. Since I'm also a WAR, I understand the importance of Acc, so I rather have as much Acc without taking too much away from the other 2 stats I'm looking at (and as you can see from my second set, all of my MAcc gear has another useful stat next to it).

Antipika said:
--- As for your item set, you're saying that you cannot afford Morrigan Robe but still want to use Ixion Cape, Genie Weskit and Witch Sash. I'd replace Witch Sash with Sorcerer Belt (keep p.rope in inv for forcing yellow and MND based spells). Ixion Cape with a Prism Cape (until Ixion Cape price fall down, unless you in a HNMls that'll give it to you for free, cause for now this item is really overpriced...), Genie Weskit with Morrigan Robe. Money-wise, it's almost the same.

Check my second version set real quick
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-05 16:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

You are correct that wiki can be edited. But think of this, because it can freely be edited by anyone, that means that the incorrect information can be changed at any time. Since this article has been up for a while now, you would have to assume that nobody is disputing it. And on the article, they made a good point about Death Blossom or however you spell it. Since there is a magic evasion down to the WS, it would have to be assumed that MAcc and Acc in the game run simular to each other. Since I'm also a WAR, I understand the importance of Acc, so I rather have as much Acc without taking too much away from the other 2 stats I'm looking at (and as you can see from my second set, all of my MAcc gear has another useful stat next to it).

Yeah but people are lazy also. Lot of inconsistencies on wiki I witnessed myself, and I'm not a heavy user of it. I'm talking about "obvious" inconsistencies, things that can be measured / defined in a second (like knowing if a mob aggro by sound or sight...)

Not to mention all the "myths", like how Ix'MNK is supposed to 100% drop an item if you pop him trading 3 organs. I got 3 GM and a SGM confirming that drop wasn't 100%. This was in august, wiki been modified in December 2008. 2008, and we're talking about something very old like sea ;) So for all these things that are very hard to measure, such as MaCC, you cannot rely on a single affirmation coming out of nowhere, claiming 1 MaCC = 0.9 skill (>200). Dunno if Kaeko did some research on that, never checked :o

---

As for second version well I checked it, since I used it to do a comparison in the second half of my message, it's a nice set and well balanced, still require expensive items that can be easily replaced, Ixion cape ain't really a must for now, I mean it's almost 3 million for a +1INT/MND upgrade, a -30HP delta with prism cape, no more enmity-... If we're only talking damage here, you could go with Gleeman cape, which is basically free, any shitty group spamming tier 1 Einherjar and failing at boss is enough to get you enough ampoules ;) You would still get INT+5 when nuking, and for free.

As for morrigan head, same thing, I'd stick with Demon Helm +1, 2 million (+Salvage effort) doesn't worth the -2INT/+5MaCC deal. Getting 3 piece of morrigan could be as long as getting 4 or even the full set, depending on your LS schedule and luck. Well head is a "easy" drop from AR, but legs are 3% SSR so :/ Not to mention hands, these are a bit annoying in BR :x Since your group will need to "decide" to go specifically for your hands. (unlike some NMs that are "always" killed during salvage runs).

In the end, by the time you'll collect hands, legs and head, you'll prolly be full morrigan already ;)
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-05 16:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Not to mention all the "myths", like how Ix'MNK is supposed to 100% drop an item if you pop him trading 3 organs. I got 3 GM and a SGM confirming that drop wasn't 100%. This was in august, and wiki been modified in december 2008. 2008, and we're talking about something very old like sea ;) So for all these things that are very hard to measure, such as MaCC, you cannot rely on a single affirmation coming out of nowhere, claiming 1 MaCC = 0.9 skill (>200). Dunno if Kaeko did some research on that, never checked :o ---

If you know wiki is incorrect, then correct it.

Nothing in this game is 100% drop. Example I'll use is the Explosures for 50 cap quest. That is "supposed" to be 100% drop, but I killed one for these 2 noobs going for 50 cap, and it didn't drop it. Although the other 2 bombs dropped the items, I'll never forget that 1 who didn't drop anything. But I have helped several dozen people with this quest, and it was just that one bomb that didn't drop, so I wouldn't change it to say 99% drop.

As for Gleeman's Cape: It has a -20 MP stat on it. Thats why I don't want it at all. If there are 2 gears that give the same stat I'm looking for, I'll pick the one that gives the best additional stats. Since Ixion Cape gives +5 MND and +20 MP, I pick that instead of the -20 MP.

Besides, its going to take me a long time to get the gear I want anyway. A very long time -.-
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-05 17:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

If you know wiki is incorrect, then correct it.

Need time for this, then you just forget... It's like drop rate and stuff, you kill mob, sometime think about updating wiki, sometime doesn't etc...
---
For HP/MP, well you didn't precised your race (or i missed it), as a taru I have no interest for a +20MP that would cost me 3 millions, at the expense of 20HP :/ As for 5MND, well don't tell me you really need that extra MND point when you're not going after morri feets which provide BLM with 10MND, for a costless upgrade and certainly the same salvage effort since you're going after legs/head/hands already.

Going to take a long time yeah, well you called it dream set yourself, you aim for the best you can have :)
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-05 19:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a hume, I don`t have the mana of a taru, nor the base INT of one either. So, I have to increase both to surpass loltarus, but I will never surpass good BLM tarus.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-02-06 00:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure this is a good example but.. I went out and killed some Mandy by Port Windy... took all gear off execpt that gives the following:

MAB+5 is 989
MAB+10 is 1022
MAB+15 is 1056
33 then 34 dmg difference..

INT+10 is 984
INT+20 is 1012
INT+30 is 1040
28 dmg difference from the added 10 each time..

I always thought INT sorta added a specific amount of dmg where as MAB was a %. This hardly proves it.. but yea.. might wanna try for yourself idk..

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion, test out different equipment sets and gear combos you currently have at your disposal, to see what your damage is currently at. If you haven't already, of course. :D

Stats vs. Taru... Meh. Most BLM I've seen that aren't taru sacrifice MP for INT/MAB/MACC+, in order to try to get the maximum boosts in DMG, instead of taking away from their DMG to get more MP. These people also tend to have hMP sets that regain their MP rather quickly.

Also, I have heard (not yet found proof) that there is a soft cap on Attributes (100) and a hard cap around 140. Soft Cap meaning that you still get a boost, but it takes more of X Stat to get X Effect. Hard Cap of course means you no longer get a boost once you're at or over that number. I think thats something you ought to take into consideration, especially considering the prices on mage equipment/price fixers.

I definitely agree that you ought to have a balance of stats, and that you ought to have a Maximum DMG Set as well as a Maximum ACC Set, but right now you are wanting a set with a balance of both, from what I can tell.

Personally, when I'm looking for equipment, I look first for pieces that have multiple stats I want on the same piece. I write them and their stats down in a Word Document, and go search up equipment that has only one-two stats I want (like Omega Ring vs. Snow/Aqua Ring, etc etc). I compare price, amount of stat bonus, and also see how many of my gear sets can bonus from the piece - particularly so I can see if it replaces old gear, so I can sell the old pieces.

Hmm... Would Alkalurops be better as a staff, perhaps? http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18593 As with everything, probably depends greatly on what other gear you're using. >.> Although with that much Magic ACC, you could probably focus more on INT/MAB. ._.;
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-02-06 00:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume BLM capped. Thunder IV 1660 (lolpudding, everyday damage) without day bonus/obi/relic legs (1800-1901 with forgot exact numbers for that). I've seen a taru break 2000 tIV with identical gear ._.

There's no cap on INT, I've tested it. 200~INT (items / brd songs / sch support) still made a difference and it's fixed.

MAB is not fixed in terms of total damage. In the calculation it is a fixed percentage increase of base damage.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-06 02:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can pull out a 2.1k Freeze and Burst II on puddings on the right day mostly, 2k or just under on the wrong days.

I can also pull out a 1.8k Thunder IV and 1.7k Blizzard IV on puddings also on the right day, 1.6k on each roughtly (been a while, got to recheck it) on wrong days.

As for Alkalurops, I don't think so. You are forgeting that HQ elemental staffs give a +15% damage increase to any spell. I doubt that the INT+10 would do that.

I rather have a balanced set instead of carrying more than 4 sets with me at all times (DD set, Dark set, Enfeebling set, and hMP set).

Thats why I want my DD set to have the basis of combining all 3 elements (INT, MAB, and MAcc) so I don't have to do MAcc and MAB sets seperate.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-06 10:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Alkalurops is an enfeeble staff only that's it, not a nuking staff and it's clearly the best enfeeble staff you can get. 10INT/10MND and MaCC+20, where elemental staff are +15MaCC (supposed, impossible to measure), and no +INT/MND except the +5 on ice / water.

Quote:
I always thought INT sorta added a specific amount of dmg where as MAB was a %. This hardly proves it.. but yea.. might wanna try for yourself idk..

This has been measured and yeah MaB acts as a multiplier which comes after INT in the damage equation. Meaning that each extra INT point will be affected by your MaB. That's why having only high INT is not a good choice, and having only high MaB is not wise either.

There's no formula such as 2 INT = 1 MaB or whatever. It all depends on your total INT, total MaB, mob resistance, mob MdB...
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-06 16:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Alkalurops is an enfeeble staff only that's it, not a nuking staff and it's clearly the best enfeeble staff you can get. 10INT/10MND and MaCC+20, where elemental staff are +15MaCC (supposed, impossible to measure), and no +INT/MND except the +5 on ice / water.

Except one problem, why would I pay 10 million for a enfeeble staff on BLM when RDM is my enfeeble job? Yeah, that would be ok for RDM, but since this is my BLM DD set, the Alkalurops would be a waste of space in this set (granted, maybe my enfeeble set for BLM, but if my sleeps aren't resistant already, why would I want to pay for something that won't improve it anyway?)
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-02-06 18:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Princemercury said:
Hume BLM capped. Thunder IV 1660 (lolpudding, everyday damage) without day bonus/obi/relic legs (1800-1901 with forgot exact numbers for that). I've seen a taru break 2000 tIV with identical gear ._. ___________ Another topic: There's no cap on INT, I've tested it. 200~INT (items / brd songs / sch support) still made a difference and it's fixed. MAB is not fixed in terms of total damage. In the calculation it is a fixed percentage increase of base damage.

Not saying your wrong at all with any of this, but under my item sets you'll see my current nuking build for lightning day, solo i can cast 150int burn on the pudding before nuking. So its burn >> gravity >> burst2 >> aspir >> t4 >> drain dead. My max damages with 150int burn are 2412 freeze2 1806 blizz4, 1863 thunder4 2368ish burst2.

Now i do need maats cap morrigan body and zmitts+1 for the very highest achievable dmg which is basically adding 9 int to my current build also being a taru would add 7 more int having 84 base not 77, but i fail to see how adding 16 more int could push 1863 t4 into 2k+.

Im really quite interested how 2k tier4 is achievable solo with no cor no spirit lantern only burn a cream puff and lightningsday for aid, assuming this is the conditions you see that 2k tier4 under.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-06 19:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Except one problem, why would I pay 10 million for a enfeeble staff on BLM when RDM is my enfeeble job? Yeah, that would be ok for RDM, but since this is my BLM DD set, the Alkalurops would be a waste of space in this set (granted, maybe my enfeeble set for BLM, but if my sleeps aren't resistant already, why would I want to pay for something that won't improve it anyway?)

Alka is still the best staff a mage can use for enfeebling, that's it. 10M or not. I know we're talking about nuking in here, but I wasn't answering you either, my answer was directed at Aledacia's "Would Alkalurops be better as a staff, perhaps?".

Paying 10M for this is as justified as paying 3M for an Ixion Cape... These are items you get free with your LS or don't buy unless you have nothing to do with your money. You're not supposed to buy everything in this game remember, ZNMls exists, HNMls exists.

As for "RDM can do enfeebling", no really, a good blm should be able to enfeeble properly. You're the only one with sleepga II. As for "my sleep don't get resisted" I hope you never dynamis tav. In some situation, sleepga II resist could mean a wipe, when your sleepga I is on cooldown, fail sleepga II, have fun being rapped by bees or taurus. And I'm talking about dynamis here, double dark weather. Sleep still get resisted sometime (294+ enfeebling here).

So yeah overall my sleep is pretty decent too, with 294+ and some MaCC I'm fine, but occasional resists are annoying. If we start talking that way, most of endgame stuff is useless anyway, I mean a blm with NQ stuff can do pretty well too. Expensive HQ/Salvage/rare items are just insurance in case of random events. Links, resists, etc.... Or enable you to solo/low man stuff.