Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-10-06 13:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
TheDubont said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Its like they are continuing the beta but slapped a box/price tag on it lol.

Edit: So its ready for consoles and ***...
agreed

1.look at it this way, first off look who is playing 14 atm.

etc...
That's a valid point, except for this:
When a PS3 owner goes to purchase FFXIV and sees all the negative reviews, bad scores and other issues with the game, do you see them buying it? I know if I wasn't a die-hard FF fan I wouldn't buy the game.

Releasing the game early has only harmed them more than helped them.
[+]
By TheDubont 2010-10-06 13:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

my laptop is far from high end...9800M GTS with a Centrino core 2 duo....if anything, it is average and STILL able to run on max settings...I really don't see where the "high end" aspect comes from
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-10-06 13:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

TheDubont said:
my laptop is far from high end...9800M GTS with a Centrino core 2 duo....if anything, it is average and STILL able to run on max settings...I really don't see where the "high end" aspect comes from
I sincerely doubt you are able to run XIV on max settings. ESPECIALLY on a laptop. By max settings, you open the XIV configuration program outside of the game and turn on all of the features. Not the stupid configuration inside the game which turns on weather and stuff.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-10-06 13:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
LOL @ PPL who are still defending the game.

During the beta all you could say was "oh it's still in beta, blah blah blah..." Now your defense is SE will fix it. LMFAO! Good luck with that. Should only take a year or two if you're lucky.

At least you guys finally admit the fact they rushed this game. Judging from the beta and SE's track record, minimum release should have been Summer 2011.

The point of a beta (open) is to find problems, get feedback, and make changes. Not release a so called "final" version a few days later with minimum changes. Never mind the fact you have to pay for it now.

I guess sheep will always be sheep.
i saw alot of flaws on beta but i did think SE was going to fix most of the problems >.> i bought the game but im glad i havent made my char yet seems to be a waste of time right now... heard the servers are super laggy from one of my friends
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-06 13:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

More Japanese reviews:

-------------------------

From a JP gaming magazine:

"What we're seeing from some XIV players is the equivalent of battered spouse syndrome. They've been abused by SE for the better part of a decade, complaining loudly about it every step of the way, but when SE does it again and someone else points it out, they rush to the abusive spouse's defense."

-------------------------

FF14のサービス開始の発表を受け、LS(パーティとは別で、ゲーム内での集まりのようなもの)でも、それぞれが「14も一緒にやろう」というように話し合っていましたが、
私がOβに当選したのをきっかけに、FF14の内容が顕になってくるにつれ、他メンバーの「やらないかも…」という発言が出始めました。

まずFF11で出来ていたことが出来ていない。退化しています。
よく「FF11もβの時には…」なんて発言がありますが、もうそういうレベルではありません。
現在のFF11で出来ている仕様上のことやUI面などができていません。顕著なところで、チャットのし辛さ、見難さ。アイテムのソートがないなど。

次に運営側の殿様営業。ユーザーから「こういうことがあったので、調整して欲しい」という意見があっても全く聞く耳を持たず、
後々になって結局「やったらBAN対象」というのは、FF11時代からもありましたが、FF14でも健在です。
また今回のCE(コレクターズエディション)や通常版購入者、FF11継続プレイヤーへ渡されるアイテムなども、実際入手したら広告のものと全く仕様が異なっていました。
例に、FF11継続プレイヤーへ渡されるアイテム、「エルメスの靴」などは、いままで宣伝されてきたものは「移動速度上昇」のみ表記されていましたが、実際には一日15分程度しか効果が発揮されず、
ゲーム内でも、アイテム欄や装備する際などにもその詳細は記載されておらず、ただ装備した時に突然「移動速度上昇」の効果が付加され、突然切れます。

他にも、FF11プレイヤーなら分かることだと思いますが、いままで通りの運営側からの頭ごなしの調整、仕様変更がなされ、今回は心底呆れてしまいました。
最近での出来事としまして、日本語版の全てのテキストが漢字表記にされたことなどが、それに当たります。
開発曰く「プレイヤーからのフィードバックを受け止め、反映させた結果」と言うことですが、実際にはそのようなフィードバックは一切なく、それについて言及すると
「開発側の趣味」という返答が返ってきたのは、ご存じの方も多いことと思います。
よもや「チョコボ」を「馬鳥」という名前で見る日がくるとは、誰が思いましょうか。

FF11では、サービス開始から8年目を迎え、やっとプレイヤーが遊びやすいよう様々な調整がされてきましたが、FF14でも再び同じようなことを繰り返すのかと思うと、続けていく気がおきません。

また開発当初の「多人数対多人数(通常のmobとの戦闘)」という発言も全くの嘘で、
結局1人or複数人で、1匹の敵もしくは3匹程度の敵と戦うしかできません。
サーバーの収容人数の「十数万人は耐えられる」という発言も全くの嘘で、数万人程度でダウンしました。
βの時は「これからきっとよくなる」という淡い期待もありましたが、このような形で製品版として出てしまうとは、本当に残念です

--------------------------------

When we first heard about the FF14 release, my linkshell (like a big in-game party, but different) decided to all play together, but after experiencing the incredibly scant content available in open beta, a number of people started to say they might not play.

First of all, the most basic FF11 functionality isn't there. This is a step backwards. A lot of people are saying "Well, FF11 had problems in beta as well," but this is on a completely different level. Simple things that worked in FF11 like functional UI are missing. The most striking examples are that chat doesn't even work correctly, not to mention something like item sorting.

Secondly, it's the company management. Just like with the FFXI release, When (Japanese) users have publicly reported bugs, saying "We don't think this is working right, could you please investigate?", the company doesn't listen and instead, some time later, the user ends up banned. Once again buyers of the collector's edition and those who linked characters from FF11 were promised special items that appear to not be working correctly. For example, the item that was given to FF11 players, Hermes Boots, were said to increase movement speed on users, but it seems they only work for 15 minutes, which isn't explained anywhere in the in-game item stats or description, and instead simply cuts out the effect without notice once you've equipped them.

Players of FF11 are probably familiar with this, but the tendency for the company to completely ignore the feedback of its users is absolutely shocking. As proof, look at the text included in the Japanese version of the game, and the usage of Chinese characters. During development they said "We're listening to customer feedback and adjusting the game accordingly," but not a single piece of that feedback has made it into the release, and I'm sure many feel they were wasting their time. Who would have thought we'd see the day when "Chocobos" actually became "Horse Birds?"

After nearly eight years, FF11 has finally been tweaked and fixed to the point that people can have fun, but after seeing all of the exact same mistakes repeated in FF14, I have no interest in going through it again.

Promises like "legions of players versus legions of mobs" have turned out to be a complete lie, and instead all we can do is one or several players fighting one or several mobs. The promise that one server can support several hundred thousand users has also turned out to be a lie, with servers crashing before they even reach ten thousand. The hope since beta was that it would all be fixed soon, but the fact we've gone straight to production with the game still in this shape is incredibly disappointing.
[+]
By TheDubont 2010-10-06 13:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
TheDubont said:
I sincerely doubt you are able to run XIV on max settings. ESPECIALLY on a laptop. By max settings, you open the XIV configuration program outside of the game and turn on all of the features. Not the stupid configuration inside the game which turns on weather and stuff.
Fair enough. Yea, my settings in game are on max. The settings outside the game are

Multisampling: no AA
Buffer Size: Double
Shadow Detail: High
Texture Quality: High
Texture Filtering: Highest
Ambient Occlusion
Enable Hardware mouse cursor.

Depth of field and disable cutscene effects are not checked. So while it is not the absolute max, it is pretty damn close aside from multisampling.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Bassclef
Server: Leviathan
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-10-06 14:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

TheDubont said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
TheDubont said:
Fair enough. Yea, my settings in game are on max. The settings outside the game are

Multisampling: no AA
Buffer Size: Double
Shadow Detail: High
Texture Quality: High
Texture Filtering: Highest
Ambient Occlusion
Enable Hardware mouse cursor.

Depth of field and disable cutscene effects are not checked. So while it is not the absolute max, it is pretty damn close aside from multisampling.

If I remember correctly, the max setting for Buffer size is "Window", yes?
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-10-06 14:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
よもや「チョコボ」を「馬鳥」という名前で見る日がくるとは、誰が思いましょうか。

Horsebirds are disappoint? ;_;
[+]
By Taigatan 2010-10-06 14:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a battered woman ; ;

Although really when you put it like that... I do have a tendency to forgive SE for more than I should, and they probably know that.

I'm looking for my FFXI game disc so I can install it and have some fun there when I get tired of playing XIV after an hour or two.

If 14 out right fails, as in servers fall to a couple, and they end up discontinuing the game before an expansion even comes out... it'll be pretty epic.
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-10-06 14:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

With all these negative reviews... it makes me wonder if XIV will outlive APB, haha.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-06 14:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bassclef said:
With all these negative reviews... it makes me wonder if XIV will outlive APB, haha.

Yeah I guess GW2 will be the new ffxi then if 14 fails. I'm getting sick of playing atari(ffxi)the game has reached its limit graphic wise ect.. We need a good up to date replacment...

Bismarck.Naeo
user: Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-10-06 14:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

with all these horrible reviews, hopefully SE's homebase consumers will boycott XIV like they have other games they hate, with any luck the loss of income to SE will make them see they're being greedy little *** and they'll fix their crap. or XIV will die and Square's long standing Final Fantasy, will finally come to end.

personally, i hope they learn and fix their priorities.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-10-06 14:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Naeo said:
with all these horrible reviews, hopefully SE's homebase consumers will boycott XIV like they have other games they hate, with any luck the loss of income to SE will make them see they're being greedy little *** and they'll fix their crap. or XIV will die and Square's long standing Final Fantasy, will finally come to end.

personally, i hope they learn and fix their priorities.

Or maybe they will start to release actual decent games. But i think SE is way passed that now. FFXIII marked the end of SE producing decent games.(I never played 9/10 so idk how good they were)
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-06 14:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is, if XIV fails I'm not going to play XI.

I'll play guild wars again until GW2 comes out.
[+]
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-10-06 14:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed Flion.

@Zekko - 9 was crap, 10 was mediocre. 10-2 was crap, 11 was decent, 12 and 13 were crap.

no good FF titles have come out since 8, and even 8 i consider to be above average.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-06 14:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I can't agree with that lol. IX and X were two of my favourite FF's, under VI, VIII and V.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-10-06 14:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

VI = Epic
VII = Crap (yes crap, suck it)
VIII = Crap
IX = Good, back to FF's roots.
X = Excellant
X-2 = Crap
XI = Still playing, kinda.
XII = Decent.
XIII = I liked it, linear sure, but not crap.
XIV = Pretty, but so far.. crap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-10-06 14:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Naeo said:
agreed Flion.

@Zekko - 9 was crap, 10 was mediocre. 10-2 was crap, 11 was decent, 12 and 13 were crap.

no good FF titles have come out since 8, and even 8 i consider to be above average.
i liked 12 and so did many of my friends it had good battle system and hunts and stuff. i do agree 13 was crap though. once you get on pulse it just gets so boring
[+]
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-10-06 14:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Leviathan.Bassclef said:

Yeah I guess GW2 will be the new ffxi then if 14 fails. I'm getting sick of playing atari(ffxi)the game has reached its limit graphic wise ect.. We need a good up to date replacment...

I never got into Guild Wars. I bought it simply because it was dial-up friendly and played it for about three months. (This was during the one year I stopped playing XI... 2004) Truthfully, I never liked any of the games made or published by NCSoft. Being Korean myself, I had curiosity in games by NCSoft, but found them severely lacking. And yes, I know ArenaNet is a studio state-side.
By Taigatan 2010-10-06 15:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
VI = Epic
VII = Crap (yes crap, suck it)
VIII = Crap
IX = Good, back to FF's roots.
X = Excellant
X-2 = Crap
XI = Still playing, kinda.
XII = Decent.
XIII = I liked it, linear sure, but not crap.
XIV = Pretty, but so far.. crap.

Agreed... expect 7, I did sorta like that one... I just never jumped on the Yuffie is kawaii and I have a hard on for Sepiroth and Cloud fan club... but it was an okay game.

9 and 10 have been my favorites, although 10 was the first I played.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-06 15:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I played Guild Wars back in the days of the invincible monks, and got incredibly bored with it. Never picked it back up.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-06 15:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I liked FF 7-10 and I loved 11 but I'm all about graphics & game play and with newer games coming out with new tech ect.. 11 is slowly dieing in my eyes I only log on for abyssea now 2 times a week lol. Was really hoping 14 would turn out decent lol
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-10-06 15:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Was really hoping 14 would turn out decent lol
im sure it will be better... eventually
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-10-06 16:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

guildwars 1 sucked, so will 2. free to play games generally have shitty servers, bad lag, barely any kind of service, and are generally crap. i don't see why people are excited for this
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-06 16:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

guildwars 1 sucked, so will 2. free to play games generally have shitty servers, bad lag, barely any kind of service, and are generally crap. i don't see why people are excited for this

You obviously haven't played GW then.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-06 17:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Pretty much that. Guild wars was supported tons, had servers for different countries which resulted in no lag.

Guild wars remains one of the best games I've ever played.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-06 17:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Pretty much that. Guild wars was supported tons, had servers for different countries which resulted in no lag.

Guild wars remains one of the best games I've ever played.

I need to rebuy GW actually x.x gave my account to a friend and now can't get it back :x
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-10-06 17:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Guild Wars only really works because the main lag is in towns only, the entire story line is in instanced areas that only your group has access too, so the lag is barely there, if at all. (unless you've got a group of all dial-up people.)

That's the lure of GW2.0 is the instanced world. free to play, and it's aesthetically pleasing. Who doesn't love a good, free, pretty game, where the dev. team actually listens?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 27 28 29