Profile/Equipment Problems
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-02-15 11:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SE recently changed the page source of their LS Community Site profiles. This caused ffxiah.com's automatic data collection of player equipment and profile information to fail. Either the information would not update at all, or it would appear scrambled with the wrong equipment in each slot, etc.

The automatic data scraper has been fixed, and profiles are now updating correctly. If your profile or equipment is still messed up, that means the fixed information hasn't been re-collected yet. There's a few things you can do:

1) Double-check your LS Community profile page. Make sure everything is set to Public. If you hide any of your character info, FFXIAH.com will be unable to collect it.

2) Re-copy and paste the URL of your LS Community profile page into your character settings in ffxiah.com. These URL's do change occasionally, especially if you switch servers, linkshells, or other significant changes. If the URL has changed, ffxiah.com will be unable to update your info.

3) Once you re-paste the new URL into your character settings, this will move your character into the update queue immediately, to be collected as soon as ffxiah.com's system has a spare moment. It should take only 15-20 minutes to update. (Unless you all go rush to do that right now, in which case it may barf and take longer.)

4) Or, you can just wait for ffxiah.com's system to automatically re-collect your character info once every 24 hours, and provided your URL is correct, it will fix itself with time.

I've tested the new scraper multiple times with my own profile and it seems to be working fine. Please let me know if you still encounter problems.
 Cerberus.Ayarel
Server: Cerberus
user: Ayarel
By Cerberus.Ayarel 2008-02-23 03:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't seem to get it work... The problem lies on LS community side though. Every time I try to go to my profile from that link I put there it says "YOU MUZT BE LOGGED INLOLOLOLOL" but when I just use the World Portal to get to my profile, it's the same address as the link I used... So I don't know how to fix it when it doesn't let me link it straight if I haven't been on the site for some time but the link will work if I've been on the site not too long ago.
 Leviathan.Ertai
Server: Leviathan
user: ertai1
By Leviathan.Ertai 2008-02-24 19:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Having the same issue as above. My profile still hasn't updated since the gear was showing up in all the wrong places (ie. body on weapon slot etc.)
 Hades.Umero
Server: Hades
user: umero
By Hades.Umero 2008-02-28 22:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep getting access denied when I try to configure "linked chars" ;_;
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-02-29 01:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Umero said:
I keep getting access denied when I try to configure "linked chars" ;_;

This was fixed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Bluefrost
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Bluefrost 2008-03-24 06:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine hasn't updated for a week. I've gone to the LS community profile and changed it at least 3 times in the past week, and it still says I'm WHM when I haven't played my since 3/16/08. Not to mention I've leveled up a few jobs and ranked up.
 Phoenix.Missnasty
Server: Phoenix
user: Missnasty
By Phoenix.Missnasty 2008-03-24 08:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to enter a new URL to my profile and it doesn't seem to actually save what I enter.

The profile I want to use is: This one
 Gilgamesh.Jonls
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Jonis
By Gilgamesh.Jonls 2008-03-24 14:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Missnasty did you make your profile visible when you are not logged in? because I cannot see it.
 Phoenix.Missnasty
user: Missnasty
By Phoenix.Missnasty 2008-03-25 09:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be. My profile seems to be updating now so thanks ^_^y .
 Phoenix.Cinnabun
user: cinnabun
By Phoenix.Cinnabun 2008-03-25 17:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anyway to use this equipment/profile widget for an outside site? Such as your blog or something? If so can someone post the code for that please!
 Phoenix.Cinnabun
user: cinnabun
By Phoenix.Cinnabun 2008-03-25 17:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind I found the code for it! :p

p.s. Nasty sux
 Cerberus.Ayarel
Server: Cerberus
user: Ayarel
By Cerberus.Ayarel 2008-03-26 05:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it still isn't updating for me. Do I need to show everything public for it to actually work?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-03-26 10:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ayarel said:
Well, it still isn't updating for me. Do I need to show everything public for it to actually work?

Yes. At least, everything on the POL site must be set to public.
 Caitsith.Tylendel
Server: Caitsith
user: Tylendel
By Caitsith.Tylendel 2008-04-04 16:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is completely screwed no clue what to do re-enetered everything now I see no info but outdated points and postion.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-04-04 16:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No one's profile on the FFXIAH.com side is going to update for a little bit. We're working on some stuff related to it. We'll let you know once we get it back operational again.