Most Wanted Ffxi Job!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Most wanted ffxi job!
Most wanted ffxi job!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-28 03:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Why do people consider BLM a "most wanted" job? Serious question.

Most situations I've been in, we never have enough BLM's. Remember the question is most wanted not most useful.
Both of the other people in my static have and frequently use BLM so take this as you will, but given free choice of job spread (with all appropriate gear) I'm coming up with very few situations where I'd consider BLM a "most wanted" job.

idk, most wanted and most useful are pretty much equivalent in my eyes. BLU makes a better job for capping azure in traditional party setups, BRD can sleep most things... it basically comes down to Sleepga for frogs and capping azure light via -aga in Fell Cleave burns (can still cap with BLU, who's useful during the latter portion of the burn via AoE stuns/flash), though my opinion of BLM on NMs may be subject to debate.

The entire OP is vague.. if your saying wanted.. as in can never find enough of a job it would have to be blm.

If they are saying most wanted as in general linkshell nm's or exp a list wouldn't really work because most jobs are just as useful/needed only difference being the idiot behind the avatar and the gear he has.

Also, there's no debate.. blm's are useful on nm's. Unless you're going in with an overwhelming force of DD's to just pwn something.. its nice to have a couple blm's watching a NM's tp moves and stunning as necessary.

By Flionheart 2010-09-28 03:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Flionheart said:
I don't particularly rate BLM myself, but people are stupid about it. Another fact is that most BLM I've played with are pretty bad.
There really are a lot of bad BLMs out there :\ It's a shame, it's not like it's a bad job (I admittedly loathe it, but that's playstyle and having been locked into it for far too long), but it's such an easy job to play as a glass cannon and miss the utility it provides.

Well the shell I used to do sky with had some of the worst BLM's I've ever seen in my life. They missed stuns in a cycle, they couldn't nuke for over 1.1k (this was 75 cap) and they did HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE things like DoTing sleeping mobs. After being in a shell with 3 or 4 BLM's like that (especially seeing as I was a BRD, you notice ***like that when you've lullabied and the enemy is beating you down) I just don't hold it in high esteem any more. Plus they were arrogant (french in fact) which made it that much worse.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-28 03:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
The entire OP is vague.. if your saying wanted.. as in can never find enough of a job it would have to be blm.
Can honestly say I don't have that problem, half my shell has BLM leveled and geared.

Quote:
Also, there's no debate.. blm's are useful on nm's.
Apparently there is.

Quote:
Unless you're going in with an overwhelming force of DD's to just pwn something..
God no, waste of resources.

Quote:
its nice to have a couple blm's watching a NM's tp moves and stunning as necessary.
Quote:
RDM/DRK, DRK/NIN

[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-28 03:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to be situational based on what your LS needs etc.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-28 03:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
hey

HEY

stop ruining my fun
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-28 03:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Most Blms I've seen don't do anything other than use their highest nuke. No buffing, sleeping, stunning, light nuking, or even trying to manage mp. There's a ton you can do on Blm. It was my first 75 and the only job I couldn't stop playing. Feels comfy being on Blm. ^^
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-28 03:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

good blms are hard to find...yes
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-28 03:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Feels comfy being on Blm. ^^

At least until the "glass" part of glass cannon happens, I'd assume? >_>
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 03:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really fun being in such high demand on BRD sometimes, until you get HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE requests in meripos (holy ***I'm going all nostalgia now!) asking for a pianissimo'd madrigal via /tell. Then you don't do it because the person is being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and you end up getting kicked for "Not doing your job" even though you're pulling a chain 200+ and maintaining Marchx2 and Balladx2.

True story

I raged.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-28 03:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Feels comfy being on Blm. ^^

At least until the "glass" part of glass cannon happens, I'd assume? >_>
Idk, if it's in dynamis or something you start kiting... if it's a NM... kite? o.o And I don't mean running in the complete opposite direction of your party. ._. There's lots you can do to stay alive, if you're paying attention. I mean, now there's manawall!
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-28 03:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The only debate I see is people saying blm is useless because they don't have any competent blm's in their linkshell.

If you are too thickheaded too see their usefulness thats your own problem.

Suck less or join a better linkshell..

my last post here..
I forsee this thread turning into blu > everything (most blu's are played by people with tiny penis's who feel the need to justify their usefulness everywhere they go >_>)
[+]
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-28 03:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying Blm is the best job. It's the one I liked best. ;)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-28 03:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol flunk..somebody hates blu?
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 03:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The only debate I see is people saying blm is useless because they don't have any competent blm's in their linkshell.

my last post here..
I forsee this thread turning into blu > everything (most blu's are played by people with tiny penis's who feel the need to justify their usefulness everywhere they go >_>)

And the rage begins.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-28 03:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I was a damn good BLM, and I spend 90% of my time online with two BLMs who are better still than I. I'm very aware of BLM's capabilities, thank you. Nice strawman though.

Quote:
ad hominem

Quote:
lol

Quote:
my last post here..
Strawman and ad hominem, oh my. You want Draylo for that ***, not me.

obligatory umad.jpg
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 03:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Some silly individual rated you down Night, so I rectified it with my anons.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-28 03:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

<3

inb4 more ratedowns!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-28 03:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

most wanter for me
sam rdm sch

i always like a well geared sch over blm just for the fact they can multi-task and nuke efficiently , unless doing something that needs /ga nukes
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-28 03:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in truth, there are a bunch of BLM's now that are far more competent on their abilities and how to manage the job, then there were pre ToAU... up to that point i think BLM's took parties for granted, but after ToAU, they were not needed for crap anymore, and if you were to level BLM as a job.. you needed to either solo or burn.. either case is more management of abilities and mp.. being very careful and watchful of your situation.... it probably has helped alot more than hurt considering now... they are a very needed and valued job

my 3 would be
BLM
PUP
BST
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-28 03:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Before the shitstorm ensues, putting in my opinion:

RDM
BRD
SAM

I love my SCH and BLU but I know they aren't the most wanted jobs, not to say they're both awesome jobs for different reasons.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-28 03:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

in these days i have been aware that everyone looks for sch like crazy for every events specially for abyssea, i do believe it's a wanted job, on top of that they will get haste with /rdm sub
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-09-28 03:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

@ nightfyre

just curious what you ment by arguably rdm/sch is the best nuker?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-28 04:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-28 04:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
@ nightfyre

Atmas greatly reduce the difference in per-nuke damage (if using the same nukes), and T5s are less MP efficient than T4s last I heard so unless you're going for burst damage you're using the same class of nukes (though RDM doesn't have the full set yet). RDM/SCH has Dark Arts, stratagems, better Convert, and Chainspell; BLM/RDM has slightly more damage per nuke, Aspir II and a somewhat more potent Aspir (not always a factor) and Manafont (which isn't that great given the high MP/tic in Abyssea). Better Fast Cast potentially enables more nuking in kited/pinned fights. RDM also brings greater utility to the table via superior debuffing (barring Sleepga II and Break) and healing capabilities.

It's not necessarily the best nuker as such in a given situation, but it fills multiple roles in a way that BLM cannot. That utility combined with comparable and possibly superior damage (situational etc) gives it the edge given the nature of Abyssea.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-28 04:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

nightfyre... wtf do you mean by "better convert"? are you talkin about mythic marguleis? lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-28 04:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM will have a shorter recast and possibly (probably? I have no idea what BLM vert sets look like) a better overall MP return per vert. There's like 5 Murgleis worldwide, not going to bring something like that into the discussion.

RDM also gets Composured buffs, just realized I left that out.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-28 04:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
@ nightfyre

Atmas greatly reduce the difference in per-nuke damage (if using the same nukes), and T5s are less MP efficient than T4s last I heard so unless you're going for burst damage you're using the same class of nukes (though RDM doesn't have the full set yet). RDM/SCH has Dark Arts, stratagems, better Convert, and Chainspell; BLM/RDM has slightly more damage per nuke, Aspir II and a somewhat more potent Aspir (not always a factor) and Manafont (which isn't that great given the high MP/tic in Abyssea). Better Fast Cast potentially enables more nuking in kited/pinned fights. RDM also brings greater utility to the table via superior debuffing (barring Sleepga II and Break) and healing capabilities.

It's not necessarily the best nuker as such in a given situation, but it fills multiple roles in a way that BLM cannot. That utility combined with comparable and possibly superior damage (situational etc) gives it the edge given the nature of Abyssea.

You make it sould as if every RDM is better than every BLM, its like arguing Mac VS PC...

Get over yourself and tell me when your RDM has ever nuked a 2k+ Aero5, or a 1.5k+ Thunder4. Goodbye.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-28 04:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm's actually merit convert recast? i had no idea
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-28 04:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:

You make it sould as if every RDM is better than every BLM, its like arguing Mac VS PC...

Get over yourself and tell me when your RDM has ever nuked a 2k+ Aero5, or a 1.5k+ Thunder4. Goodbye.

Do I need to post the SS of my puppet doing a 2300+ aero 5 to a bat NM in abyssea? lol (its on my profile if you want to check it out :P)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-28 04:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
rdm's actually merit convert recast? i had no idea
5/5 is standard, yes.

Bismarck.Helixx said:

What? This is a discussion of job capabilities, not whether or not the player behind them has at least 3 brain cells to rub together.

Max damage isn't everything.
[+]