Linkshell Leaders
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-03 06:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

I've noticed that on some particular linkshell overview pages, it has the name of the leader below the name. For example, SapereAude has it, Oceanids has it but my linkshell DynaLounge doesn't.

I have my profile on DynaLounge's LS Community linked and it's still not showing. I'm wondering what ends up putting the shellholder's name on the linkshell pages?
 Ramuh.Jackel
Server: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2009-02-03 07:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head, is that you are in multiple LS's. It could just be that the script can only recognize one.

Most of the people I looked up w/ only one LS showed up just fine.
 Cerberus.Jetta
Server: Cerberus
user: Jetta
By Cerberus.Jetta 2009-02-03 07:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Check all your profile info in Community is set to Public.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-03 14:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I want to show the world that's I'm a leader, but my name isn't thare ! oh noes !

Prolly {Detects by Powerlevel} so that's why your name isn't there woo, you're still under 9000.

(this post is a joke btw :)
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-03 14:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Prolly {Detects by Powerlevel} so that's why your name isn't there woo, you're still under 9000.

lawl ^^
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-02-03 14:10:01
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Wooooodum said:
I want to show the world that's I'm a leader, but my name isn't thare ! oh noes !
Prolly {Detects by Powerlevel} so that's why your name isn't there woo, you're still under 9000. (this post is a joke btw :)

Hey, they can mask their power level you know. :P

I am curious about this as well. My main isn't registered to multiple shells, yet my name doesn't appear as leader of my shell.

Any admins want to educate us?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-06 01:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Who Cares <.<

It's obvious there's a problem, they'll fix it sooner or later.
This^^
 Siren.Wiccaan
Server: Siren
user: Wiccaan
By Siren.Wiccaan 2009-02-07 12:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The edit character page does say:

Attention: The Linkshell portion of this page is under construction. This form should still be operable though.

Think it's there for a reason. ;)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 13:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiccaan said:
The edit character page does say:

Attention: The Linkshell portion of this page is under construction. This form should still be operable though.

Think it's there for a reason. ;)

I know, but that doesn't explain why it works for some and not others. Read the original post first next time, you silly Tarutaru!
 Siren.Wiccaan
Server: Siren
user: Wiccaan
By Siren.Wiccaan 2009-02-07 13:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They are called bugs for a reason. It's a new feature to the site, it's going to have issues. I did read the post, and at a programming point of view, that is why I posted what I did. ;)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 20:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Wooooodum said:
Who Cares &lt;.&lt;

It's obvious there's a problem, they'll fix it sooner or later.
This^^

I see what you did there! Good work! Made me chuckle =)

Seems you have a bit of a problem with me, however, given that and your response to my constructive post in the Crafting Debate. I hope you're not stalking me, I already have three love struck Galka's chasing my tail!

Bumping this as I wouldn't mind a response so we know how to add this ourselves, if possible.

PS. Yes, they are called bugs for a reason, and I am a programmer myself so understand this. Bugs are generally when something isn't working, like the updater wasn't the other day, though. This appears to be working, since a lot of linkshells have their leader listed on the linkshell page. I could be wrong, as I don't know how this works, but it seems to me there's a trick I haven't quite figured out yet!
 Shiva.Chewedankles
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Chewedankles 2009-02-07 21:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because it works for some doesn't mean it will work for everyone. That could be the bug. >.>

P.S. Bugs are gross. :D
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 21:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, nobody seems to know what "Working" is at the moment. As you quite clearly said, working for some might not be working for others and this could well be the bug. The only problem is there is no verbatim anywhere in the FAQs or Help List for the site that indicates how this specific part of the linkshells work, leading to many's ambiguity on the subject.

We shall have to wait and see I suppose!

PS. Yes, bugs are not very nice ; ;
 Phoenix.Vandyr
Server: Phoenix
user: Therin
By Phoenix.Vandyr 2009-02-08 14:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering why some linkshells even display their website. For example: http://www.ffxiah.com/linkshell.php?id=8713

I'd like to setup my LS (Beyond, www.beyond-phoenix.org) to do the same thing, but not sure how.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-02-08 15:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the info regarding characters and linkshells comes from the POL LS Comm site. Unfortunately, SquareEnix does not cooperate very well with our site's attempts to read the profile/linkshell information. Their system frequently resets whatever privacy settings you have set, seemingly at random. It also tends to completely change your profile URL for no apparent reason. If any of these things happen, our system will be unable to read the POL LS information for your character/linkshell and will stop updating.

There is nothing we can do at that point except ask you to sign out of POL LS, sign back in again, check all your privacy settings, and cut-paste the URL back into our Edit Chars page again.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-08 15:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik said:
There is nothing we can do at that point except ask you to sign out of POL LS, sign back in again, check all your privacy settings, and cut-paste the URL back into our Edit Chars page again.

I've tried that, multiple times, and to no avail. I also can't imagine anywhere on the LS com that would add a link to our LS site, like Excellence of Hades has (Vandyr's post two posts up).

But, the question has been answered, so /bow, I hope the LS com decides to co-operate sometime this millenium :P
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-19 21:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This still appears to be disfunctional, no manner of re-linking to my profile is updating the linkshell page :(

I have seen some new leaders appear on some linkshell pages that weren't there. An entirely new linkshell's leader is appearing too. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Wooooodum said:
This still appears to be disfunctional, no manner of re-linking to my profile is updating the linkshell page :(

I have seen some new leaders appear on some linkshell pages that weren't there. An entirely new linkshell's leader is appearing too. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Yeah I'm having this problem too... Re-linked, took my character down to one LS on LS Community Beta... Nuffin'.