Where Would A Good Place Be To Skill Up @...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Where would a good place be to skill up @...
Where would a good place be to skill up @...
 Phoenix.Valefar
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: bbane
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-09-15 09:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My blue magic is @ 233 skill, and my sword at 250, i'm a lvl 82 blu (was a chest person in a looong abyssea party). I'd like to skill up before i tackle the higher level spells since you need the blue magic skill to make it easier to learn them~ so does anyone have suggestions for where to go to get my skill ups?
 Lakshmi.Kyi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-15 09:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Abysea, Ive been leveling elemental and dark magic solo on worms.
 Phoenix.Valefar
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-09-15 09:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Which abyssea? and are they safe for a lvl 82?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-15 10:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The boyhoda tree, not just the crabs up top, but down the waterfall to dragons aery. Goobuue, mandies etc
 Phoenix.Valefar
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-09-15 10:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That too, but yes, worms can be soloed at lvl 82?
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-15 10:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Valefar said:
That too, but yes, worms can be soloed at lvl 82?
Worms are best soloed from a distance, not saying its bad, but crabs last a good while, crabs and we orms can also be mp drainkissed. Down side about abyssea, is stones, time limit etc. the plus, is atma bonus.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-15 10:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

For sword I would suggest a target around level 75. Steelshells in The Boyahda Tree are the traditional choice. There are also crabs slightly higher level in Mamook (Nipper) and slightly lower level in Mt. Zhayolm (Wootzshell) if you prefer.

For blue magic skill, I think Hpemdes type mobs in Sea are considered best, since you can cast non-damaging spells on them without causing them to attack you. Sheep Song/Soporific/Yawn and Sandspray/Stinking Gas/Infrasonics (and many others) are all spells that would not provoke the Hpemdes target. I'm not a BLU, so I don't know how good the Magic Accuracy is on these spells, but there's no harm in trying them out. Just be cautious of other nearby targets when using AOE BLU debuffs and watch out for Phuabo and UFO aggro.

Skilling up in Abyssea seems like a waste of Visitant Status time, unless you just happen to have tons of Traverser Stones saved up.
 Leviathan.Anbu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-15 11:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
The boyhoda tree, not just the crabs up top, but down the waterfall to dragons aery. Goobuue, mandies etc

skill ups were slow @ 75 in these places so I can only imagine @ lv 82 lmao. Just go get a abyssea party and spam blu magic for skill ups kill 2 birds with one stone...also can still skill up in beseige. I'd say you need atleast a Tough + mob to get decent skills. You can also try Walk of echoes. I skilled up lv @ 80 on Xarcabard [demons and imps] and even that was a lil slow. Maybe the old meripo bird camp.

On another note are there any xp camps 80+ outside abyssea?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-15 11:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

skill ups were slow @ 75 in these places so I can only imagine @ lv 82 lmao.

On another note are there any xp camps 80+ outside abyssea?
I went farming there on thf at 80 for crests, got a decent amount of skillups on evasion etc, plus, his blu is82, but his skill is around lvl70.

As for 80+ they upped the xp mobs in a lot of areas, including toau. Bibiki bay, promy, etc.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-15 15:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

skill ups were slow @ 75 in these places so I can only imagine @ lv 82 lmao.

Fail.
Read the OP.
He has underleveled sword and blue magic skill for his level (or for level 75 even), and that's why he needs to skill-up.

If he had been capped on skill @ level 75, and *then* went to Boyahda Tree, he would have experienced slow/minimal skill-ups, as you suggest. But that's not what the OP was asking for.
[+]