Game: FFXI
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-26 07:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
is it true theres no NMs like in ffxi? :s

bumping for answers!

There are, and SE has contridicted itself. They've said 'No world NM's!' then also said there adding nms in various locations(and that they'll be larger the normal mobs).
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 07:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SE based on lies!
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-26 07:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

bumping for answers!

There are, and SE has contridicted itself. They've said 'No world NM's!' then also said there adding nms in various locations(and that they'll be larger the normal mobs).

Didn't they say they would be instanced also?

Or maybe I'm just imagining it :/
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-26 08:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

bumping for answers!

Thats the contridictory factor. One point they said no world nms, then another time they say there adding nms, and another time they said they were adding NM's in guildeves. They keep changing there story. Sorry I forgot to mention that, Its super late... and I now have caffine in meh XD

((Btw, if you have the links to the site with FFXIV interviews, send me a pm with it, or say it here and I'll add more quotes... Or you can add them yourself. I coulda swore there was 3 differnet cases where they mentioned different things for NM's))

Editting in a quotes, can't find more x.x:

Quote:
Many members of FFXI endgame linkshells participate in events so they can receive rare or exclusive items dropped from Notorious Monsters or High Level Notorious Monsters. Players can expect to see something similar for FFXIV as well. In fact, Tanaka states that there will probably be battle-oriented guildleves from the very beginning that will require a large number of players to work together. We’ll see familiar regular monsters on the battlefield as well. Some will come from FFXI but there will also be others that previously made appearances in other FF titles

Oh also found this to boot.

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/09/14/notorious-monsters-coming-to-final-fantasy-xiv/

Its kinda intresting ^^
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-26 08:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

this morning looks like the server list to choose from got smaller and selbina still isnt on it <.<
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-09-26 08:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Im guessing they just want to get the servers evened out before non Collectors editions (or regular copies) come out in a few days. Apparently Selbina closed once already, but it opened again and I got on it. Have hope.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-26 08:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Im guessing they just want to get the servers evened out before non Colletors editions come out in a few days. Apparently Selbina closed once already, but it opened again and I got on it. Have hope.

yeah ; ; i hope it opens back up soon

i wanna play and thats the only server i wanna go to :/
By Izey 2010-09-26 11:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

bumping for answers!

Havent seen any yet THANK GOODNESS!
Waste of life... trying to claim a 21hr pop for months -.-'
[+]
By Izey 2010-09-26 11:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

bumping for answers!

Thats the contridictory factor. One point they said no world nms, then another time they say there adding nms, and another time they said they were adding NM's in guildeves. They keep changing there story. Sorry I forgot to mention that, Its super late... and I now have caffine in meh XD

((Btw, if you have the links to the site with FFXIV interviews, send me a pm with it, or say it here and I'll add more quotes... Or you can add them yourself. I coulda swore there was 3 differnet cases where they mentioned different things for NM's))

Editting in a quotes, can't find more x.x:

Quote:
Many members of FFXI endgame linkshells participate in events so they can receive rare or exclusive items dropped from Notorious Monsters or High Level Notorious Monsters. Players can expect to see something similar for FFXIV as well. In fact, Tanaka states that there will probably be battle-oriented guildleves from the very beginning that will require a large number of players to work together. We’ll see familiar regular monsters on the battlefield as well. Some will come from FFXI but there will also be others that previously made appearances in other FF titles

Oh also found this to boot.

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/09/14/notorious-monsters-coming-to-final-fantasy-xiv/

Its kinda intresting ^^

NMs through instances and Guildleves sounds great, but playing the "OH I touched it first game" is anoying as @%^!! >< (Botters much...)
[+]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-09-26 12:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to see someone try to bot in FFXIV. The game is basically designed against it. Everything is sequences or mini games and acquires full attention. This is why FFXIV is already better.

I really don't want guildleve NMs. That's a total waste. Free standing NMs like in FFXI, yes please.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-09-26 12:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm up for whatever.

By the way, I wish there was an alert system on this site. I've been camping the FFXI AH for over a week for a scroll of Raise III, only to have TWO sold whilst I slept Friday night/Saturday morning ;;

I haven't logged into FFXI much since I got FFXIV CE... everything is all Abyssea now and it gets a bit burned out after a while. I may do it today though, as we have an event in my shell and all. Until then, keep checking the AH for Raise III, this thread, et al!

<- future member of Vanadiel Refugees :P
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-09-26 13:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If guildleves became the new BCNM, I'd be down with that 100%.

I'm logging into FFXI tonight. My PC is going for a warranty job. *** lame. I won't be touching XIV for a good 3 weeks. Blah
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 13:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

damn lol i think have a scroll of raise III in a mule, but i dont have ffxi installed or activated, sorry for the bummer jugg.

i hope the game doesn't rely 90% on other players like ffxi, i hope it's a little more independant player wise and easier to play, don't need like to be a hardcore player to get items lol and wait ridiculous lines to just have someone ninja lot you.

Phoenix.Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-09-26 13:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
damn lol i think have a scroll of raise III in a mule, but i dont have ffxi installed or activated, sorry for the bummer jugg.

i hope the game doesn't rely 90% on other players like ffxi, i hope it's a little more independant player wise and easier to play, don't need like to be a hardcore player to get items lol and wait ridiculous lines to just have someone ninja lot you.

Can I haz your login info? :P kidding, but yeah its pretty annoying. Everyone is like "*** Kirin" these days.
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-09-26 13:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Can I haz your login info? :P kidding, but yeah its pretty annoying. Everyone is like "*** Kirin" these days.

I do Brothers ENM, once a week. If I happen to get a scroll I'll look you up and give it to you. I think I may have actually sold one on the AH a bit over a week ago -_-
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 13:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

can you create your char and save it with out picking server? like put it in a little bin

i wouldn't like to be recreating my char over and over just cuz i can't see selbina on the list.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-26 13:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
can you create your char and save it with out picking server? like put it in a little bin

i wouldn't like to be recreating my char over and over just cuz i can't see selbina on the list.

i dont know if you can save your progress, but the server picking is the last step.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-26 13:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

u can save character data
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 15:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

nice nice
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-26 15:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
nice nice

up to 8 so u can play around to see what u like best
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 15:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

yay
thank you
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-26 15:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
yay
thank you

like one of the characters i saved was a mexican looking botanist
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 15:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

blah i'm so excited about the game but i dont know what to name myself
i just really wanted to name myself darki thats all but now i have to drop mah name and stuff... i'm not very good with names!
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-26 15:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
i just really wanted to name myself darki thats all but now i have to drop mah name and stuff... i'm not very good with names!

Darki Two?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 15:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Darki Two?
lol bawww naw doesn't sound good.

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 15:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm a very undecisive person when it comes to picking names !!!
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-26 15:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Darki Two?
lol bawww naw doesn't sound good.

u should have darki be the last name
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 16:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

look what i found!

http://www.adventureleague.net/ffxiv-name-generator/
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 16:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

well that one sucks this one is better http://rinkworks.com/namegen/
 Phoenix.Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-09-26 16:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
i'm a very undecisive person when it comes to picking names !!!

Leading up to this game, for months I kept a Notepad file of potential character names that popped into my head. I was going to go with Justice, but then the damn two name thing happened, and I didn't know what to do or how to incorporate it, whether to make it my first name or last name, etc. I feel your pain!

PS:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/4748/scroll-of-raise-iii
(mind the delay)

YESSSSSS.

(Now I just have to keep camping the AH for Protect/Protectra IV)