How Is Your Server Different?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How is your server different?
How is your server different?
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-29 02:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, bathing in honey = pretty damn nasty.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-29 02:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well At least we don't have that little <*** sword> Fongy on our server.. omg if he didn't ask for gil at the start.. or we'd be camping Muu in Giddeus.. whine after whine....

its allright here... at least Saminia or w.e the person's name that wanted to jump ship.. I actualy got this person in our End game..

So 1 person about to jump ship is finally SAVED!!!!

HAHA
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-29 03:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Myn is the 1st to take PW!!!! WOOOT APATHY
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-29 03:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is the first to solo PW....

Go Asura

(Still, don't come here)
 Odin.Genja
Server: Odin
user: Genja
By Odin.Genja 2009-01-29 04:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It is said, that odin is the server with the most germans.
i can say that there are indee a lot of germans, but sure also thousands of other europeans and americans.
now the big difference
no matter when i stay in whitegate...
on 200~ different evetn-shouts there are 199 from japanese. (which are 100% jp onry)
I mean why is that so? are the japs so dam bad organized in linkshells, that they have to shout for ppl?
or
are all the western ppl just to lazy to do events?

w/e~ that is odin
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-29 04:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin also has the most B???hs on it too.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-29 04:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Asura is the first to solo PW....

Go Asura

(Still, don't come here)

Like other servers alliance up to kill it?
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-29 05:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shutupanddie said:
Korpg said:
Asura is the first to solo PW.... Go Asura (Still, don't come here)
Like other servers alliance up to kill it?

Let me rephrase it then.

Asura is the first server to do a PW solo

(But still don't come here)
 Fenrir.Rrylia
Server: Fenrir
user: Devinry
By Fenrir.Rrylia 2009-01-29 07:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Alijah said:
Also, we have Scragg. :)

Had* - see http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1184651, I believe he is currently holidaying on Hades :)

My summary of Fenrir (bearing in mind the only other server I have ever played on was Fairy, when the EU release of the game came out):
- The EU population is fairly low (there is 1 large EU LS which is mainly social)
- There is quite a good balance of US / JP players and linkshells
- Until recently, the number of HNMLS was very low - we seem to have 'inherited' some from other servers recently as a result (see: Zulu, formerly Garuda) unfortunately
- There are a pretty decent # of relic weapons, however, the highest is at time of writing 3 on 1 player (to the best of my knowledge)
- There is a large number of Sky linkshells still active
- Ballista is (apparantly) a big thing here (not something I'm involved in)
- Whitegate drama is fairly minimal, the odd /shout match here or there
- Most of the well-known tools (read: Nighteagle) have left the server
- Average population hovers around 2,5k - 3k people
- There has been a recent influx of newer players, but the *average* player on the server (my estimate) probably has 2-3 lvl 75s and a 75-100 craft (and all missions completed)
- RMTs are fairly minimal - used to be very bad (read: bands of lvl 10 Tarus manaburning in Gustaberg) but recently this has really fallen away, especially with the fishbot busting.
- There are a fairly limited number of people still needing missions cleared etc - often see shouts of 4/6 for Divine Might etc. PUGs generally are untrusted.
- WoTG is fairly popular, esp. campaign and SCNMs etc.
- On an average night, all the best merit spots are full to bursting.

All in all, its a fairly decent server - I'm happy here :)

Rry
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-01-29 08:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut is the best.
Because I -say- so. >:3
 Midgardsormr.Brassmonkey
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Brassmonkey 2009-01-29 09:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I just thought I'd speak for Midgard. I Joined this server as my bro was on it. We are EU and I have found quite a few EU players on this server which is pretty useful. Good mix of high and low level players so PT invites are pretty frequent. ^^
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-01-29 09:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rrylia said:

- Until recently, the number of HNMLS was very low - we seem to have 'inherited' some from other servers recently as a result (see: Zulu, formerly Garuda) unfortunately

Forgot about them. ._.;
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-29 10:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats too Bad we cannot have for 1 or 2 weeks, SE allows the servers to gather ls or HNMLS or Eng games or w.e and have Ballista Tourneys...

..and perhaps have like LS round robins...

that way every year a server can be crowned victoious, and just have bragging right that they won!

Now that's something Se could ponder for months to come.. with all these add on and packs...
 Diabolos.Kaika
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Kaika 2009-01-29 10:23:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos is ok, You see new shell shouts every so often, but everyone is fairly cool.

The bigger HNMLS's kinda just do their own thing. and most land kings aren't over populated (sometimes).

Dynamis usually is not a problem but sometimes you have that shell that just does not want to random.

But overall its not too populated and seems like a decent place to settle in.

Just don't be surprised to join a shell that might fall apart, too many new players trying to get theirs and ditch with the goods.
 Diabolos.Pointe
user: pointe
By Diabolos.Pointe 2009-01-29 10:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There were 40 people for a day 1 turtle and 100 people for a day 1 fafnir... id say land kings are a bit overpopulated.
 Diabolos.Kaika
user:
By Diabolos.Kaika 2009-01-29 11:59:52

Pointe said:
There were 40 people for a day 1 turtle and 100 people for a day 1 fafnir... id say land kings are a bit overpopulated.

well.. recently, lol turtle yeah ive seen bout that much. Fafnir recently has become a fiesta, but its only recently become way over populated.

Too many shells trying to get landkings now x_x
 Bahamut.Cyr
Server: Bahamut
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-01-29 12:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut has too many endgame LSs ;;

Don't come here, we're full :\

Also, we love pointless drama
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-29 17:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn or fenrir sounds pretty cool.

Thanks everyone for the help ^^
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-29 17:46:00

My server is different from others cause it's named Pandemonium. No other server has that name.
 Asura.Kyofooyo
user: Kyofooyo
By Asura.Kyofooyo 2009-02-01 10:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm I'm going to ahve to agree with male and korp on asura, but it's almost two different worlds here. If you didn't know about the endgame community, you really wouldn't know much about it. Other than the shouts on whitegate, all the hnmls keep to themselves and also bicker among themselves. All you really hear are rumors if you arent into that stuff. But let's see here, most players here are decent... I guess. Level sync is screwing that up though. You see increasingly more people who don't know the jobs, which is disturbing to say the least.

BTW, the endgame LS they were talking about, 24/7, is very efficient, but has a bad rep. Don't ask me why, but all I hear about them are bad things.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-01 11:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's another one... I'm one of 4 Paladin's on Asura that actually use cover, much less know what it is.

Even more aggravating is that 9/10 DD here cut loose with a WS soon as they have tp, making it difficult for tanks to establish hate in the first place.
 Asura.Kyofooyo
user: Kyofooyo
By Asura.Kyofooyo 2009-02-01 11:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

get over it male :P it builds character (and skills!) but you could blame the WS thing on the fact that TP burns dominate 99% of all merit parties. You can also say the same thing about manaburns. BLM just don't know how to control their nukes anymore.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-01 11:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM's that always solo'd/ are brain dead/ never saw a pt since jungle are the ones who over nuke and do dumb crap like say.... Burst II as soon as a fight starts.

So far the Cover gripe I have, I laugh at people who pull hate off the pld when they WS off the pull it's funny. Hate hasn't been established off the initial voke/ flash and they're ripping of a WS... tell me how that's smart?

When I was originally leveling pally, I had no problem with leting the mob hit that idiot D. It served them right for pulling hate. However that was ONLY done after first making a good faith effort to explain to them why they should wait to WS and after using Cover to get things back under control. If the dumbass persisted with wanting to keep being up with the emo DPS and get cut up in the process despite my advice, f-it they deserved to be killed by the mob.

This all said, if anyone else wants to comment or debate the point further, I'm moving the discussion here where it's more appropriate.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-02-01 13:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We have... MOOSHYWOOSHY!
 Odin.Zugot
Server: Odin
user: Zugot
By Odin.Zugot 2009-02-01 14:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin = JP ONRY srry guys.
True Story.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-02-01 15:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
My server is different from others cause it's named Pandemonium. No other server has that name.

hahaha Win

A good Hermit Server for 90 days would be nice actually. Something to distract me from all endgame related activities. I seem to get boned out of drops one way or another anyways. I swear i had a Lot botter in one of my LS's they never lost a lot... (grits teeth)
Anyways, think of the things you could get accomplished. Gil, NM drops, skill crafts, level jobs, maybe even missions with a static. (i still need to do toau, ring never interested me till i leveled bard...)

So mby Odin i still got a week or so to decide.

thanks again everyone
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-02-01 17:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed a little thing, back when i was on Ifirt all the bazaar's were outside in batallia, and on Titan they are (well were before update) out in Sauromogue