BLU AF3
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-11 16:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Fruitytooty said:
i was disapointed in feet TBH..but that set bonus looks intense...1/8 seals for pants atm..cant find which quest you get the alt.method of seals besides NMs to do for em..spent hours thinking Galkan Sausage one would get me em >.> I was wrong
Why? Best nuking, Sanguine Blade, and debuff feet available. They're *** awesome.
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Aisha said:
so anyone else excited about the Mavi Tathlum?
lvl 84, BLU skill +5 increases Breath dmg

I persanlly am because it means we wont need AF2 head since we will reach another skill tier an the +5 fro mhead wont push us to the next one so we can equip gear for mods

umm what... you thinnk some int is gonna beat stacking both items for breath+? no....5 skill and breath+ on AF2 will always be what you use for breath attacks. I'm certain they will stack so there would be no reason to not use the AF2 helm.
Both for breaths, tathlum for physical + a stats headpiece is what they're saying. You'd want to use the tathlum regardless of whether it breaks a tier or not though, so Mirage Keffiyeh might have some use for physical spells still depending on skill caps... until you get aias bonnet, anyway.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-11 16:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Both for breaths, tathlum for physical + a stats headpiece is what they're saying.

you sure thats what he meant? I mean it just said "won't need AF2 head" didn't specify.. oh well either way the blu AF3+2 are SICK business...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-11 16:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes more sense than anything else. Speaking of which, what are you talking about with INT and breaths?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-11 16:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought int helped resists, much like m.acc does.. idk i just build mine for hp personally, but never really dabbled in other stat mods /shrug

much like how people say elemental staves (like fire for heath breath) increase magic acc...figured int would, since its a semi-universal magic acc mod
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-11 16:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Titan.Fruitytooty said:
i was disapointed in feet TBH..but that set bonus looks intense...1/8 seals for pants atm..cant find which quest you get the alt.method of seals besides NMs to do for em..spent hours thinking Galkan Sausage one would get me em >.> I was wrong
Why? Best nuking, Sanguine Blade, and debuff feet available. They're *** awesome.
Just saw the stats on those... and holy ***. Those are better nuking piece than anything a blm could wear in any slot except weapons.
 Titan.Fruitytooty
Server: Titan
By Titan.Fruitytooty 2010-09-11 16:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

its just..as BLU i never use MACC or int,only instance i find myself using breath spells is limbus
every other time i am doing physical dmg with spells

i really find MACC only good with headbut for stun effect
(which is better to have phys ACC on anyway) and actnic burst. and i rarely cast regurgitation as blu,but these feet have potential for that...S.blade..Breath spells...and Actnic burst it seems...also maybe Osmosis if the spell can be put to use
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-11 16:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
i thought int helped resists, much like m.acc does.. idk i just build mine for hp personally, but never really dabbled in other stat mods /shrug

much like how people say elemental staves (like fire for heath breath) increase magic acc...figured int would, since its a semi-universal magic acc mod
Breaths have no dINT check as far as we know, or any dSTAT check at all for that matter. So no, INT doesn't seem to affect resists. And INT isn't semi-universal, it just happens to be the mod for black magic (which is the only macc most people seem to think about for whatever reason) and spells like Regurgitation.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-11 16:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

damn there is no dINT at all? I kinda thought there was... /shrug oh well... like i said, i personally only stacks HP+ on my breath builds...just wasn't sure if there was another mod like dINT.. my bad mate
By Aisha 2010-09-14 15:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Aisha said:
so anyone else excited about the Mavi Tathlum?
lvl 84, BLU skill +5 increases Breath dmg

I persanlly am because it means we wont need AF2 head since we will reach another skill tier an the +5 fro mhead wont push us to the next one so we can equip gear for mods

umm what... you thinnk some int is gonna beat stacking both items for breath+? no....5 skill and breath+ on AF2 will always be what you use for breath attacks. I'm certain they will stack so there would be no reason to not use the AF2 helm.

ummm yea...I was talking about Physical spells not Breath spells at all..