input /targetnpc;
wait 1
input /pet "Deploy" <t>;
wait <time of cast>
input /pet "Deactivate" <me>;
wait 61
input /ja "Activate" <me>;

repeat
I went in sea, on Aerns in The Garden of Ru'Hmet (they are T/VT) but idk why it wait too much time after his spell and it never depop the automaton in time (it waited like 2-3 sec...)

Im not in home so i dont have the exact time but it was something like :
wait 5.3 before the Deactivate => automaton was depoped before he finished to cast
wait 5.4 before the Deactivate => automaton stayed like 2-3 sec after it finished to cast before be depoped

So impossible to skill up... Do you have a better way for me, to finish my skill up while im in work ?

Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-07 06:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Um do the things in castle zhval S still skill you up? Cause that would eliminate the need to activate/deactivate.

Or maybe just set yourself up to constantly lose hp and have it cure you so you don't have to worry about it getting hit before you deactivate. Could even get xp in besieged that way lol.
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-09-07 06:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Um do the things in castle zhval S still skill you up? Cause that would eliminate the need to activate/deactivate.

Or maybe just set yourself up to constantly lose hp and have it cure you so you don't have to worry about it getting hit before you deactivate. Could even get xp in besieged that way lol.

You can set it to WHM head if I'm not mistaken and sit next to one of the Afflictors in Beadeaux. You'll be repeatedly cursed and your automaton will cure it. Or sit next to a Mute and keep silencing yourself. There's a few of these around in Beadaux in areas that you won't get aggro from so you could afk for a looooong time if you had a way of getting your automaton some mp again :p
 Seraph.Rof
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Rof 2010-09-07 07:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys ^^

The "tower" in castle zhval S cap your skill for the lev 75 max i guess

I will try the afflictor, i didnt know we can skill up like that :P
By Auraeon 2010-09-07 20:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, use the Afflictor. It works really well. Pull a Caterpillar over to the Afflictor where the Quadavs are and just let it whack on you (you'll need Regen gear and WHM sub so you don't eventually die if you go to sleep and leave it going.)

If you try using a Quadav, they'll all link and you take damage faster than auto-regen can keep you alive because of DoTs and spells like Banish that can't miss. Normal hits aren't much of a problem, but you don't want more than one mobs ganging up on you anyway.

I sat there and let my puppet spam Cursna on me while I wore lots of regen gear with WHM sub. Have the macro use a Dark Maneuver every minute and the puppet will never run out of MP (Cursna costs a bit of MP, but nothing both Mana Tanks can't handle, especially now with their upgrade.)