Congratulations BLU!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Congratulations BLU!
Congratulations BLU!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-08 09:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Would we have any benefit of subbing /rdm, in anyones opinion?

No, the last update when BLU got so many spells was to prevent /RDM offering more benefits than BLU main, making it a virtually obsolete job. Convert obviously, aswell as higher MP, and more spell slots from not needing to set refresh and haste. So there is a benefit, but I think they fixed it up so that BLU had something better than what they could get from their subjob. I'd still say /SCH for BLU, but I guess we can use that long loved saying "***'s situational"
And rdm gets haste at 48. Anyway, /rdm is the prime nuking SJ for blu, but I pretty much just stick to /nin anyway, so w/e lol
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-08 09:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

No, the last update when BLU got so many spells was to prevent /RDM offering more benefits than BLU main, making it a virtually obsolete job. Convert obviously, aswell as higher MP, and more spell slots from not needing to set refresh and haste. So there is a benefit, but I think they fixed it up so that BLU had something better than what they could get from their subjob. I'd still say /SCH for BLU, but I guess we can use that long loved saying "***'s situational"

that is what I was thinking.. hmm Dual welding blu with scholar.. Tell me, what does /sch offer for blue again??

Make me want to level Scholar, please?

Edit: A another blue in my ls and I just finished off the whole Blue spell list last night getting Mind Blast with a Beastmaster from our shell last night.

/cheer
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-09-08 09:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
that is what I was thinking.. hmm Dual welding blu with scholar.. Tell me, what does /sch offer for blue again?? Make me want to level Scholar, please? Edit: A another blue in my ls and I just finished off the whole Blue spell list last night getting Mind Blast with a Beastmaster from our shell last night. /cheer

The main benefits are Sublimation and Dark Arts Drain and Aspir
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-09-08 09:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Shiva.Superdan said:
There's been so many times when I've shouted for retrace.. because i was too lazy to switch to blm, retrace, back to blu & set spells again, lol. But now it wont be so bad xD One of the best blu updates I've seen so far.. I'm not so sure on this battery charge change though..
Battery Charge update kinda sucks. It sounds like you will get less MP over time than just having a RDM refresh you. I really didn't mind it as it was, although it felt like I had to recast it pretty often. Should have just increased the duration and done without the refresh effect nerf. :3 It's not like BLU is out-dding any good two-hander these days or something. ):
RDM refresh cast upon you, and Battery Charge both end up restoring 150MP to you. Battery Charge restores 200, but because of the high MP cost, it restores the same. If they make this restore more, it WILL be better than RDM Refresh. The only preference I have to battery charge is convenience, while soloing especially.
That's not actually true... If they extend duration to 5 minutes, keeping it at 50mp cost, but lower it to 3mp/tic ratio, that's a total MP recovery of 300MP-50MP cast cost = 250MP total recovery in 5 minutes. As it is now, sure you have to re-apply it every 2.5 minutes instead of every 5, but it's currently at 300MP total recovery in 5 minutes.

Well, it was nice while it lasted
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-08 09:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:

Besides convert...
Fast Cast II, MAB II, Clear Mind, though Convert alone is reason enough in many situations.

/SCH is pretty weak these days honestly. Pretty much only used for situations where you're healing, yet have no haste duties.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-08 09:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch offers blu the same it offers every other job basically, better cures, drain/aspir that will actually do something, regen II, reraise, sublimination (I think you can store that ***up?). Faster casts on spells every two minutes or something. I don't know entirely as I still haven't bothered to unlock it, but I hear it's situationally very useful.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-08 09:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
The main benefits are Sublimation and Dark Arts Drain and Aspir
Only if you can precharge it.

EDIT: and even then, as time goes on it matters less and less.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-08 09:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

In contrast to what I just said, as Nightfyre already basically said, /rdm will give you stronger nukes, cures that are about halfway between /sch and /anything else potency, faster casting everything, and convert. For convert alone I'd probably use /rdm over /sch in any situation where /sch is usually used. (even if I DID have /sch leveled <_<)