Looking for turul information
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Caitsith.Surge
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2010-09-01 03:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys im reading on wiki and i think this thing could be taken down with low man, kinda how it is in the past but it doesnt say some of the key things that i look for is which it can be bound.

I saw that para works but not silence nor elegy, anyone know anymore information thats not listed? If you want to keep the strat to yourself thats fine just looking for info
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-11 12:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump >.>

Im looking for a working strategy for this too if anyone knows
 Alexander.Meowryu
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2010-09-11 12:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Turul/Ovni are flee speed now so [take care] ;o
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-09-11 13:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Meowryu said:

Unless they changed it in the last few days during the update, both Turul and Ovni are hella slow, easily lost with +12% movement speed. While Ovni is easy to deaggro, I'm fairly certain Turul will follow you anywhere in zone.

As far as Turul goes, we fight it in the corridor around Conflux 08. This area is great since there are no spawns and a handy Martello close by. I'd suppose in a low-man strategy, if the need arose you could also use the nearby conflux to hit the base camp and obtain more temporary items, then conflux right back to the battle.

We use a combination of straight tanking and kiting, based on what TP move he's using and how healthy our parties look. It's really kinda like how people used to do Kirin in 2005... lol. If your alliance isnt set up for that, you'll probably just end up kiting it full time. Probably safer that way, anyhow.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-11 19:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

less about turul, but for abyssea whats the best way to get NM pop key items?
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-09-12 03:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yup, confirmed Ovni as a definitely flee speed mob now... though not like it makes a difference.
 Caitsith.Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2010-09-12 04:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Alexander.Meowryu said:
Unless they changed it in the last few days during the update, both Turul and Ovni are hella slow, easily lost with +12% movement speed. While Ovni is easy to deaggro, I'm fairly certain Turul will follow you anywhere in zone. As far as Turul goes, we fight it in the corridor around Conflux 08. This area is great since there are no spawns and a handy Martello close by. I'd suppose in a low-man strategy, if the need arose you could also use the nearby conflux to hit the base camp and obtain more temporary items, then conflux right back to the battle. We use a combination of straight tanking and kiting, based on what TP move he's using and how healthy our parties look. It's really kinda like how people used to do Kirin in 2005... lol. If your alliance isnt set up for that, you'll probably just end up kiting it full time. Probably safer that way, anyhow.

Thats good to know the more info i can find the better, i was thinking of the kiting method because the amphateres tp moves in xarc s is brutal. Any idea on the pop time and where he could be found?
 Caitsith.Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2010-09-12 04:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
yup, confirmed Ovni as a definitely flee speed mob now... though not like it makes a difference.

Flee mob? lol sorry you mean by the kite method right? also what would you recommend on ovni rng or cor?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Nalien
Server: Bismarck
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2010-10-29 07:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Turul isn't flee speed now, Ovni is. Turul, don't melee it all I can say.
Meleeing it is good:
See screenshots.

edit: ew necrobumpa :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-29 07:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you don't use more melees on it than your healing can support, you're fine.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-10-29 08:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Still a big no for fast hitting jobs i take?

I see you and a sam there at your pic Nalien, but i also see extra ppl, still, did you duo it?
 Asura.Nalien
Server: Asura
By Asura.Nalien 2010-10-29 08:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As long as you don't use more melees on it than your healing can support, you're fine.
It's Abyssea, Curaga IV spam go?

Quote:
Still a big no for fast hitting jobs i take?
From my point of view, it doesn't really matter what you throw at it. SAM is the most convenient for spike damage and damage mitigation sets of equipment.
The only real damage coming from Turul is from its WSs though. Aswell as the hate reset when it runs after a little Tarutaru White Mage.

Quote:
I see you and a sam there at your pic Nalien, but i also see extra ppl, still, did you duo it?
The other people were decoration for later Carabosse farming.
Although, the THF did come in once we started holding it at 1% for the obvious TH.
The rest didn't want to tag along because they wouldn't believe me when I claimed it was easily low-manable and their stones were scarce, so we ended up duoing it. :(
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-10-29 08:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I never fought this guy, but i've heard about 400 damage spikes and this scared my thf *** quite a bit lol. Was considering using my drg when you guys said melee is good hehe, at the very least i thought of using a rdm tank + crazy drg zerg every 3-5min.
 Asura.Nalien
By Asura.Nalien 2010-10-29 08:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM would need horrendous amounts of time to cap hate with the recent updates I believe, I assume you're implying the use of Jumps to mitigate the DRG's hate?

If the RDM can support himself that might work, otherwise SAM/WAR tank worked extremely well, but only thanks to the (near) capped damage mitigation sets.

The spikes are hardly an issue, they only come into play when Turul nukes itself. The strenght of the spikes depends on what tier it nuked. In order for spikes to deal upwards of 400 Damage, it would have to nuke itself with a Tier V.
These most potent spikes wear off after a few minutes only, so if you were really concerned about the damage, you could simply turn or even kite it for a little bit.
The weaker spikes wear off after some half minute.

Turul is super squishy when it comes to physical damage, the first Kaiten took about 6% of its HP, so as long as you keep damage coming there's no reason to ever rage it with any more than one physical damage dealer.
Our SAM + WHM duo should be able to trim the killtime down to 15~20 minutes or even less, which isn't even a third of the rage timer.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-29 09:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage Spikes? No physical resistance? Sounds like a job for Blue Mage.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-10-29 09:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, drg would go crazy and super jump at the end. All healing done at the drg at zerg phase is extra hate for the rdm. Rdm would then kite or simply hold it while drg waits ja cooldown (3min for super or a bit more for full recharge - sekkanoki~). I figure with this zerg i could do up to 5 ws with hardly any melee involved.

I also like what you said about kaiten taking off 6%. I imagine a razed ruins + sanguine drakesbane will crush it bad lol.

Finally, the spikes condition sounds nice too. Maybe i'll play around with thf lol.

Well, will see what happens today maybe xD
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-10-29 10:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

what causes hate reset?
 Asura.Nalien
By Asura.Nalien 2010-10-29 10:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

something Beak and something something
I only really remember "Beak" and the animation/sounds the two different WSs had.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-29 10:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Go at this guy with a tank party and a bunch of summoners. You will rape him so fast his *** will still be swollen.

Obligatory two melee jobs that cover all red and blue !!s.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-29 10:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

LoL. All i gotta say, Anyway.

His "Damage Spikes" are called "Shock Spikes", and he gains a Shock Spikes effect after nuking himself (Heals him). Shock spikes from Thunder IV deal around ~200 Damage and last 1:30, Shock Spikes from Thunder V deal around 400 Damage and last 3:00.

This NM Can be Trio'd, a DD Tank (Monk Best), a WHM, and a BRD. can interchange support adding a stun if you'd like for Aga's but not too bad.

When the mob hate resets simply begin Kiting, You should camp at a suitable location to be able to have the WHM use a conflux to lose all hate in this situation, while the BRD/RDM/COR/w/e you decide on kites until the MNK gets hate back.

Overall, You'll absolutely require proper Atmas, that means heavy Refresh Atmas for the healer (minikin Monstrosity, etc), and Good Defense/Offensive for DD, (RR, Sanguine Scythe, maybe Impregnable Tower (HP+50%)) it's going to depend on how fast you wanna kill vs how safe you want to feel.

Now, Trio out of the way, Its much easier done kiting with mages/SMN's nuking/BP'ing. That being said, 1 Kiter, ~2 nukers (BLM, or SMN, SMN a lot better so kiter doesn't lose hate) and 1 healer for the kiter (incase of -aga hitting) and you can destroy it with those 4 jobs.

each job after that adds to kill-speed, so bring as many as you wanna compete on drops for, I'm a fan of lowman, less people lotting my items = less chance i get out-lotted. It's faster with DD but safer with mages. depends on your support team or how safe you wanna kill it.

Edit: On Triggering Red "!!" if you're trying, a Single WAR, and a Single NIN can cover all Atma Weaponskills, and a good chunk of Blue (Depending on when you claim it).

Yellow is trickier but on the old mobs, it only adds Synth mats to the pool so kinda pointless unless you're hoping to get rich off farming Turul for 10k synth mats.
[+]
 Asura.Nalien
By Asura.Nalien 2010-10-29 10:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Or go at him with the same amount of DDs and kill him about ten times faster.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-29 10:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nalien said:
Or go at him with the same amount of DDs and kill him about ten times faster.

DD's a bit trickier if spikes get off. Even if you can cure-spam through it, You'll be getting stunned a lot.

not saying its not doable, But i think SMN/BLM strategy is a bit safer.

Edit: That and i already covered it being trio-able by DD/Healer/Support =p!
[+]
 Asura.Nalien
By Asura.Nalien 2010-10-29 11:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been down to duo, and there is no such thing as "unsafe" while inside Abyssea.
You can literally spam Cure VI/Curaga IV without ever running out of MP.
Spikes are no concern as the damage is laughable and they wear off quickly, so there's no point putting BLMs who will get smashed or SMNs who will only do a fraction of a DD's damage on Turul.

(I have done both ways multiple time, large numbers and duo/trios)
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-29 11:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nalien said:
It's been down to duo, and there is no such thing as "unsafe" while inside Abyssea.
You can literally spam Cure VI/Curaga IV without ever running out of MP.
Spikes are no concern as the damage is laughable and they wear off quickly, so there's no point putting BLMs who will get smashed or SMNs who will only do a fraction of a DD's damage on Turul.

(I have done both ways multiple time, large numbers and duo/trios)

You clearly don't know how gimp or stupid some people can be, especially those too lazy to get Atmas!

I was simply accounting for human error =3
By Hsieh 2010-10-29 14:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nalien's info is reliable. Eurekavii (masamune 85) and girlygirl took down Turul in 11 mins. I'm uploading the video on youtube at the moment.

Only problem they had was near 60% and near the end. Hate control became an issue near the end and killed Girlygirl. She still managed to cure Eurekavii till the very end. Very impressive fight.

Parse data is here:
http://gekkogo.guildwork.com/albums/#/image/4ccb21f389118b08780007c1/
 Bismarck.Eurekavii
user: jfive
By Bismarck.Eurekavii 2010-10-29 15:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

easy fight is easy~
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2010-10-29 15:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the raw video. There's no sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMH04kWCO4

Gear information at the end of the video.
 Asura.Dyablito
user: Dyablito
By Asura.Dyablito 2010-10-29 15:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My ls did this guy with blm and smn pt and 1 Tank and also we trigger the weakness REd !!(cyclone) and a the yellow i thing
 Asura.Nalien
By Asura.Nalien 2010-10-29 16:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eurekavii said:
easy fight is easy~
The ease of this fight has been proven, simply by this guy and his terrible Fudo results being able to drop it.

Quote:
You clearly don't know how gimp or stupid some people can be, especially those too lazy to get Atmas!
I try to ignore them, the masses of clowns with more luck than common sense make me like to walk around blind-folded most of the time.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5