Tyrfing(Weapon)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Tyrfing(Weapon)
Tyrfing(Weapon)
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-08-31 18:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone have this weapon yet if so how good is it?

screenshot plz
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-31 18:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't really answer his question though.

As far as Tyrfing itself, I obviously don't have it but I'd imagine it works something like Excalibur, but lower Added effect damage because of lower base MP.
 Asura.Serano
Server: Asura
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-08-31 18:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Doesn't really answer his question though. As far as Tyrfing itself, I obviously don't have it but I'd imagine it works something like Excalibur, but lower Added effect damage because of lower base MP.
I figured that out :/ lol
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-31 18:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to convince my LS to kill it, but it's a bit of a ***. Killed Nahn with 3 (no key item drop), but he's a royal pain in the *** to kill, and Poroggo Dom Juan is worse. Much, much worse. The *** has encharm...
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-09-01 10:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
I'm trying to convince my LS to kill it, but it's a bit of a ***. Killed Nahn with 3 (no key item drop), but he's a royal pain in the *** to kill, and Poroggo Dom Juan is worse. Much, much worse. The *** has encharm...

@_@
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-09-05 11:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nahn is easy with a BLM and anyone strong enough to break the constant SS, it's just that the drop rate on the key item is abnormally low, and no one has really reported a "!!" trigger yet.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-09-05 11:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the hardest part of the poroggo is pulling him to a safe spot. Melees need barwatera and /nin or /sam and keep shadows or third eye up. The actual fight is pretty straightforward. Another strategy you can use is have everyone /nin and bounce hate back and forth to mitigate water bomb damage. BRD or COR can sleep charmed people. I wouldn't say it's a difficult fight though.

For Nahn, anyone that can run around a lake can solo him. I've done it on rdm/nin, blu/nin, rng/cor so far. He's probably one of, if not the easiest, NM in la theine. Blu works ok, I mainly kept disseverment poison on him and ran around in circles blasting him with regurgitation. Note I don't have w legs for blu either, but it was still easy. Rdm was easier than blu I'd say: keep bio and poison on and nuke him when it's safe. Rng/cor is by far the easiest, quick draw him to death and he never uses any tp moves, it's a joke. I'd recommend cor or rng/cor strategy just because you never have to deal with metallic body. I've killed quite a few times and no key item.

Edit: Mikey is easiest! Forgot about him.
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2010-09-05 14:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For
Bismarck.Helel said:
I think the hardest part of the poroggo is pulling him to a safe spot. Melees need barwatera and /nin or /sam and keep shadows or third eye up. The actual fight is pretty straightforward. Another strategy you can use is have everyone /nin and bounce hate back and forth to mitigate water bomb damage. BRD or COR can sleep charmed people. I wouldn't say it's a difficult fight though.

For Nahn, anyone that can run around a lake can solo him. I've done it on rdm/nin, blu/nin, rng/cor so far. He's probably one of, if not the easiest, NM in la theine. Blu works ok, I mainly kept disseverment poison on him and ran around in circles blasting him with regurgitation. Note I don't have w legs for blu either, but it was still easy. Rdm was easier than blu I'd say: keep bio and poison on and nuke him when it's safe. Rng/cor is by far the easiest, quick draw him to death and he never uses any tp moves, it's a joke. I'd recommend cor or rng/cor strategy just because you never have to deal with metallic body. I've killed quite a few times and no key item.

Edit: Mikey is easiest! Forgot about him.

For solo, did you kite him around the larger lakes with the flies or the smaller lake where the Farfadets are? And how long did it take? His bubble shower or whatever hits for a pretty big distance too.