Final Fantasy XIV General
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 33 34 35
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-24 11:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the server that about 90% of the people on this forum are on is Trabia, so if you decide on that server, send me a /tell (Lazarus Sharpe) for a pearl.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 11:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So I wonder how having more than one FFXIV account on your SE account will work. There's no way to differentiate when signing in to FFXIV right now (not like POL where you can choose the ID).

In the notes it specifically stated if you had one FFXIV account and two FFXI accounts, the price reduction would only apply to one of the FFXI.

I'm assuming a lot of things based off of what has been implied. Sure, shame on me for that, but there's not much else to work with.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-24 11:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
So I wonder how having more than one FFXIV account on your SE account will work. There's no way to differentiate when signing in to FFXIV right now (not like POL where you can choose the ID).
Can't you just create a different SE ID and password and sign in with that?

Assuming you have a computer that can comprehend dual-boxing two FFXIVs...Like Jaerik.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 11:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not trying to dual box. I want my wife to play FFXIV as well, but I want it under the same SE account. I have two FFXI accounts on it. I'd like the discount to apply to both, lol. That and it's easier for me to manage that way.

Edit: I have a laptop and two desktops.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 11:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Sharing Account Information
Our Definition of Sharing Account Information
The sharing or lending of account or login information (such as your Square Enix ID and password) to another player is strictly prohibited by the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement. Sharing or lending your account may cause you to unexpectedly lose access to your account to a third party.

Hmm...
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-24 11:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, yeah, I could have told you that. I got a warning from a GM 5 years ago in FFXI when I told her my fiance and I used to play on the same account. As such, I doubt they'd go out of their way to implement an option that lets you break their rules.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-24 11:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing as you sign into XIV with an SE ID, and to get the discount the XIV account has to be linked with the XI account under a single SE ID, I don't think two separate XIV accounts can be signed in at the same time..

Tho I'm quite curious myself, if you have two different XIV accounts, and they're both linked under the same SE ID, are characters for both just shown at the character select? Or does one just disappear into a black hole somewhere o.0
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 11:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Clickandbuy won't recognize my debit card -_-
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-09-24 11:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Clickandbuy won't recognize my debit card -_-
Gimme 5 minutes to finish stealing your identity. Should work after though... :D
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 11:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Oh, yeah, I could have told you that. I got a warning from a GM 5 years ago in FFXI when I told her my fiance and I used to play on the same account. As such, I doubt they'd go out of their way to implement an option that lets you break their rules.
Yeah, I knew it was against the rules in FFXI. Was just going through their site looking for more info.

They would implement it so someone could have more than one account. Just like allowing more than one FFXI account on the same SE account. If they have a problem with it on FFXIV, they need to restrict FFXI as well.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-09-24 12:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Yeah, I knew it was against the rules in FFXI. Was just going through their site looking for more info. They would implement it so someone could have more than one account. Just like allowing more than one FFXI account on the same SE account. If they have a problem with it on FFXIV, they need to restrict FFXI as well.

I hope they don't restrict it on XI, both mine and my fiance's accounts are linked to my SE account so that we could both get a mog satchel and use the same token. My son's account was also linked but he no longer plays.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-24 12:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldn't you just add a service rather than another option? I didn't try but that's where I would start Krizz
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 12:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to test it.

Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-24 12:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So now the question is, can both be logged into at the same time?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 12:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Remoting into my home desktop to test now.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 12:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
I'm guessing it knows which account is signed in, because the home desktop didn't prompt me about which account to use, and just went into service account 1. Going to disconnect once it loads, and see if it defaults to service account 2 on my laptop.

Either way, I am signed into both accounts right now without a message about disconnecting.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-24 12:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm betting yes. this isn't like having a diff character it should have been clear with the $ not $3 per character more like the base + character again is what they showed right? so 2 "payments" of $12.99?

also i know we're getting a discount but i forgot the details anyone know? I have 1 POL (with 1 main + 1 mule) and 1 FFXIV with 1 character. I already linked my POL and obviously my FFXIV is linked to same SE account also whats this going to be out the door after the 30-day trial?

PS i know XIV is cheaper and ***but $3 for a mule seems ridiculous hopefully gear/items/slots isn't a major issue
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 12:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
I'm guessing it knows which account is signed in, because the home desktop didn't prompt me about which account to use, and just went into service account 1. Going to disconnect once it loads, and see if it defaults to service account 2 on my laptop.

Either way, I am signed into both accounts right now without a message about disconnecting.
Situation1:
Desktop: Signed into Service Account 1.
Laptop: Given the option to sign in to either account.

Situation2:
Laptop: Signed into Service Account 2.
Desktop: Doesn't ask which account to sign in to.

Situation3:
Laptop: At account selection screen.
Desktop: Given the option to sign in to either account.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-24 12:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

wow nice
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-09-24 12:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
i'm betting yes. this isn't like having a diff character it should have been clear with the $ not $3 per character more like the base + character again is what they showed right? so 2 "payments" of $12.99?

also i know we're getting a discount but i forgot the details anyone know? I have 1 POL (with 1 mule) and 1 FFXIV with 1 character. I already linked my POL and obviously my FFXIV is linked to same SE account also whats this going to be out the door after the 30-day trial?

PS i know XIV is cheaper and ***but $3 for a mule seems ridiculous hopefully gear/items/slots isn't a major issue
Mule characters, aka retainers, are only $1 extra a month. $3 is for an actual playable character.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-24 12:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

also i know we're getting a discount but i forgot the details anyone know? I have 1 POL (with 1 mule) and 1 FFXIV with 1 character. I already linked my POL and obviously my FFXIV is linked to same SE account also whats this going to be out the door after the 30-day trial?

Mule characters, aka retainers, are only $1 extra a month. $3 is for an actual playable character.

Sorry would you please mind elaborating? I only saw an option that said 1 for $3 2 for $6 3 for $9 etc

What exactly do you mean retainers?

For "actual playable characters" Do you mean like what Krizz is doing being able to play 2 characters at the same time on different computers?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 12:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Sorry would you please mind elaborating? I only saw an option that said 1 for $3 2 for $6 3 for $9 etc

What exactly do you mean retainers?
Retainers are in game bazaars. They get the 80 slots of space just like a character does.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-24 12:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ok thanks, i barely played the beta so I didn't see anything like that. Only basically did character creation on the release last night didn't walk around much

You did not do the option for an extra $3 through right? You had to pay for another service which is another base fee $9.99 plus $3?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 12:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
oh ok thanks, i barely played the beta so I didn't see anything like that. Only basically did character creation on the release last night didn't walk around much

You did not do the option for an extra $3 through right? You had to pay for another service which is another base fee $9.99 plus $3?
I'm going to add it to the FAQ on my site, but here's the short version:

Go to 'select service'

click 'FFXIV'

'add a service account'

Put in your buddy code or FFXIV retail code

After that you will have to do the same steps as your first account under 'options list'.

Under 'Active Service Accounts' you'll see the two accounts listed, and be able to adjust each one separately. For the purpose of this test, I set the second account to 30 days with 1 character. The fee was canceled out by the buddy pass.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-24 12:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

k thats what I was thinking.. eventually you'll be charged $12.99 x2 not taking into consideration the discounts from having POL tied to an SE account that is

Thank you
By Halfpint 2010-09-24 12:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

for those of you who are providing ppl with buddy passes... there is not Tech support available specifically for buddy pass issues. And if the person already has a SQ.Enix account (ex FFXI) there is a chance the buddy account will somehow get linked to the FFXI account making it inaccessible should the passwords not match.

HAve been on phone with 3 representatives and they cannot figure out why the password reset for my son's buddy account comes up as changing the password for my FFXI account..
By Halfpint 2010-09-24 12:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ok...let me clarify..sorry really pissed off at the momennt

my laptop has my FFXI account and a copy of my daughters FFXIV account on it. we decided to use a buddy pass to let my son play. WE set up an completely Independent Sq. enix account using his personal information. everything was fine...got in but was met with " down fro maintenance" window.

Tried this morning...ID or password was wrong...he opened his e-mail and got registration confirmation e-mail so we knew ID was not wrong. Went to "forgot password" hew got an e-mail with a link to change password, <fume> the link was to MY FFXI account not the new one created under his name
By Halfpint 2010-09-24 12:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry i killed the chat
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 12:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole thing is just really confusing.
By Halfpint 2010-09-24 13:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

crux is how did his own Sq.Enix account get connected to mine,,,looked under my account and it's not there. only thing of mine on there is payment info
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 33 34 35