Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Another blu update^^
Another blu update^^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-27 15:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Refresh II and Ballad III are potentially the biggest updates to BLU this time around...
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-27 16:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Refresh II and Ballad III are potentially the biggest updates to BLU this time around...

Heh.. Not for those of us who don't have a pocket brd & rdm support full time =[

I pretty much use blu for solo.. And lowman ***. Never really event as blu :/

I agree the outside buffs will be nice though, I'm expecting BLUs new spells to cost considerably more mp.. Because atm having ballad/refresh2 & our own refresh from gear/traits.. Would pretty much make MP unlimited in most situations O.o Hell, It's rare for me to drop below 30% mp or so doing assaults or NMs etc as it is with only battery charge/mp drainkiss unless I'm doing an over-load of healing.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-27 16:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to see what spells we get!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-28 03:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Heh.. Not for those of us who don't have a pocket brd & rdm support full time =[
Often as not I have neither of late, but still... MP is one of the biggest limiting factors on our damage right now, and it's most apparent in buffed situations where melee damage scales dramatically and ours increases at less dramatic rate. This will help with that somewhat, just as the past update did.
 Phoenix.Esaias
Server: Phoenix
user: Esaias
By Phoenix.Esaias 2010-08-28 05:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Superdan said:
Often as not I have neither of late, but still... MP is one of the biggest limiting factors on our damage right now, and it's most apparent in buffed situations where melee damage scales dramatically and ours increases at less dramatic rate. This will help with that somewhat, just as the past update did.

been using /rdm sub for convert
and since its only 3 more points to put in blazing bound to get dual wield (i know its tier one but...)

been having a blast with all the extra MP from blu refresh, and convert.

i need something to keep me alive SE
all this zerging in events is getting me beat down
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-28 05:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think battery charge and refresh 2 are gonna stack, since they are both refresh effects :(
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-28 07:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Esaias said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Superdan said:

and since its only 3 more points to put in blazing bound to get dual wield (i know its tier one but...)

Never really used /rdm in a "Complete DD Situation" (Like Abyssea) yet.. I usually stick with /nin. Why? Because I get my *** handed to me, and I know I'm going to hit convert and get smacked right in the face. Plus, I rarely go low enough on mp to justify convert.. Maybe I conserve mp too much :/
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
Server: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2010-08-28 16:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Phoenix.Esaias said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Superdan said:

Never really used /rdm in a "Complete DD Situation" (Like Abyssea) yet.. I usually stick with /nin. Why? Because I get my *** handed to me, and I know I'm going to hit convert and get smacked right in the face. Plus, I rarely go low enough on mp to justify convert.. Maybe I conserve mp too much :/

I wouldn't say you conserve mp to much.

I even use a melee build body from ACP and only switch to jubbah when mp is less than 50% and I still have a hard time dumping my mp unless i'm literally spamming through several mobs. That is also with at least 2 big spells every mob and party haste and occasional cures.

And I agree. with the /rdm. I think it's a fun to solo on with a good DPS build...but even with dual-wield trait, it wasn't enough to make it a viable sub in a fast exp party as anytime I took hate I was having to spam heals to stay alive.

I will say I use /rdm a lot in ls events when we are fighting something that I use eyes on me and other magical based spells on.