Somewhere Other Than Limsa Lominsa Finally...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Media » Somewhere other than Limsa Lominsa finally...
Somewhere other than Limsa Lominsa finally...
First Page 2
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-17 03:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Took long enough.

inb4hugefuckingpost.

Gridania (Guild/Tavern)

Outside

Inside(reminds me of New Sheoth, Mania district in the Oblivion Expansion)

Ul'dah

Street View

Distant View(My personal Favorite Sceenshot so far)

Many more Screenshots up at http://www.ffxivcore.com/
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-17 03:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Blah. stop with the pictures of awesomeness...

makes me want to play so much more ._.;
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-17 03:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

oh my god :| do want
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-17 03:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

graphics alone just aren't enough to sell me on a game :/
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-17 03:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

after years of ffxi I really just want something new :( i play these free wow clones half the time just for something different lol
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-17 03:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

And they absolutely shouldn't be. I would rather play Half-Life than Crysis any day, in any situation.

I'm more interested in the much more dynamic combat, crafting and character development than the sparkly graphics (Which probably won't be that great, since my PC barely beats the "Low" end of the benchmark). Though substance in a pretty package is just a double positive.

If it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea, absolutely nothing wrong with that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-17 03:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

And they absolutely shouldn't be. I would rather play Half-Life than Crysis any day, in any situation.

I'm more interested in the much more dynamic combat, crafting and character development than the sparkly graphics (Which probably won't be that great, since my PC barely beats the "Low" end of the benchmark). Though substance in a pretty package is just a double positive.

If it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Yeah I'm highly interested in all of that but graphically the game just looks mind-blowing. I keep trying ton convenience myself if I should play or not but man some of those zones they have I can just sit and look at for days. o.o;

and I honestly just wanna create a character for the customizations... :\ I'ma take like 50 hours making a character
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-17 04:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing since the first alpha, and to be honest, I've actually gotten quite bored with it. Each new update brought a few changes here and there, but the one thing that stayed the same was that really wasn't much content. Once you've explored all of La Noscea, seen all the monsters, tried out the craft/gathering/battle systems, there's nothing to actually DO.

I haven't really played the current version, or the one before all that much, so maybe there actually is some content now. I wouldn't know though, since they added however many thousands of testers, the beta forums have been flooded with absolute shite, so I don't bother reading those now either.

From my 1-2 hours play time in the current version, I can already see that there are still some simple to fix issues that haven't been fixed, which just makes it all the more frustrating to play, when I'm just doing the same stuff I've already done.

Having said all that, there's a lot about the game I do like, my only sadness are the limitations that are currently there for the simple fact that it's not the final release. After seeing these amazing screenshots, I think I probably will get into it again come final release. If they add quests and such, as well as fix the niggly little gripes I and a lot of other testers still have with it, it'll be a *** amazing game.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-17 04:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
I've been playing since the first alpha, and to be honest, I've actually gotten quite bored with it. Each new update brought a few changes here and there, but the one thing that stayed the same was that really wasn't much content. Once you've explored all of La Noscea, seen all the monsters, tried out the craft/gathering/battle systems, there's nothing to actually DO.

I haven't really played the current version, or the one before all that much, so maybe there actually is some content now. I wouldn't know though, since they added however many thousands of testers, the beta forums have been flooded with absolute shite, so I don't bother reading those now either.

From my 1-2 hours play time in the current version, I can already see that there are still some simple to fix issues that haven't been fixed, which just makes it all the more frustrating to play, when I'm just doing the same stuff I've already done.

Having said all that, there's a lot about the game I do like, my only sadness are the limitations that are currently there for the simple fact that it's not the final release. After seeing these amazing screenshots, I think I probably will get into it again come final release. If they add quests and such, as well as fix the niggly little gripes I and a lot of other testers still have with it, it'll be a *** amazing game.

It's a test phase, they wipe your character over and over and have virtually no content installed. I hate to sound harsh, but you were pretty dumb for expecting a "Game" to begin with.

As for "Simple to fix" issues, they have to get the bad stuff squared away first, I hear there is still some server instability, that, without any doubt, takes priority over even bug fixing. Without stable servers, you can't even locate bugs to fix.

Another thing that bugs me, is most of the people complaining about input lag, have underpowered machines (Below minimum), and the input lag is actually resulting from very low frame rate and process speeds. This is Not Square Enix's fault, this is either the client's fault for Lying on the Beta Application, or not knowing the limitations of their machines, if you got a beta key from something like Fileplanet.

What other non-content related issues are there?[Not a challenge, I am just curious]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-17 04:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

It only looks pretty, don't worry.

Yeah my friend got into beta and he was like "Well.. I'm obv playing FFXI not FF14 so that gives you a hint of how good it is"

lol
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-17 04:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

Yeah my friend got into beta and he was like "Well.. I'm obv playing FFXI not FF14 so that gives you a hint of how good it is"

lol

How long would you play FFXI if you were restricted to North and South Gustaburg and your character got reset every week or so?

It's a test, not a demo or trial, for *** sake. lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-17 04:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

lol

How long would you play FFXI if you were restricted to North and South Gustaburg and your character got reset every week or so?

It's a test, not a demo or trial, for *** sake. lol

It is the basis of the game for *** sake.

No, it's actually not. It's for stability, debugging and balancing. If you want to troll, know what you're talking about first.

Edit: The foundation of any MORPG is Character development, and since data wipes happen, you can't develop a character. Hurr durr.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-17 04:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but regardless of how much content there is; it's the first impression of the content that keeps a person playing. :\

I'm aware it's a beta. I'm aware it's not the full game. However, impression is still huge on some players. Maybe not hardcore players but really. Not everyone is aware of what content should be in a beta unless they tested one before or have worked in creating one. Beta should have the basic concept of the game with bugs.

During a beta developers are suppose to get feedback and put finishing touches on the game before official release. If there wasn't enough content to get the feel of the game how much input would they expect to get out of it? Besides "hay this npc is broked"
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-17 04:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You're both kinda right. The beta even within it's limitations gives a general feel for the interface and atmosphere and workings of the system therein. However, any sense of progression or development is halted until we get the real deal.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-17 04:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As faulty as the system in the beta sounds, I almost want to play it based on this picture alone ._.

[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-17 04:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
As faulty as the system in the beta sounds, I almost want to play it based on this picture alone ._.

/hate
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-17 04:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How could anyone say no to adorable bard moogles?
Also: Treants are freakin scary :O

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-17 05:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

D: I sure can't... must resist! D:
My laptop would hate me if I got this game anyway though. lol

Clearly should get a desktop i know but; meh... I like to be on the internet on the go D:

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-17 05:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV Benchmark rapes my PC. I need to get my *** a quad core, win7, moar ram and something above a mid-line vid card -.-
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-17 05:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:

Clearly should get a desktop i know but; meh... I like to be on the internet on the go D:
Or you could do this.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-17 05:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:

If you have a laptop for being on the internet on the go what is the difference?

I don't like being stuck in a room with a desktop >.> I kinda like sitting on the couch or laying in bed being /lazy on... Desktop wouldn't get much use if I got it except for maybe school work even then I still do that on my laptop.

Don't wanna waste money on something I'd only use for FF14 especially since it's not something I'm 100% "LETS GO" when it comes to playing. lol
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-17 05:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
FFXIV Benchmark rapes my PC. I need to get my *** a quad core, win7, moar ram and something above a mid-line vid card -.-

Yeah! Seems worth it for only one game you will then be paying monthly for, right, right?

Heh... It is kind of sad that it's more difficult to run this game on max settings than Crysis or something of the like.

But I figure, with the boost in the system, it will run other things I like seamlessly. Just need to get a dedicated HDD for games to make this worthwhile.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-17 05:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who finds a "gaming laptop" to be an oxymoron? Laptops in general have a significantly lower life expectancy than desktops, and are prone to severe heating issues especially beyond a few hours of heavy usage, especially in games.

Unless gigantic leaps and strides in battery power and cooling have come with the hardware upgrades available in laptops now, it just doesn't seem worth it.
First Page 2