Forum » FFXI » NMs » Ul'Yovra Duo
Ul'Yovra Duo
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-08-16 22:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the difficulty level of Duo'ing these as 80THF & RDM?

Eva merits, capped Eva. Can wear full EVA set if needed, or maybe just a part EVA set?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-16 22:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably wouldn't be able to do it in EVA gear, just use DD gear and keep Dia III/Poison II up. Fight it on land, it's not much harder than most other mobs (As long as you stay plenty above 1000 HP, or have the RDM stand in range, for that 1000-Needles-esque attack.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-16 22:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
What's the difficulty level of Duo'ing these as 80THF & RDM?

Eva merits, capped Eva. Can wear full EVA set if needed, or maybe just a part EVA set?

Use some accuracy food if you're gonna use an Eva set. Slow it, haste, dia and it's RIDICULOUSLY easy.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-08-16 22:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy duo for brd+sam.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-16 22:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Only issues you'll come up with are charm/auto-regen. Other then that Ul's are super cake. As THF you can have an issue breaking regen but with DoTs of RDM you should be fine. EVA never hurts but it can kill your DOT and /whm or /sch for the RDM for para's if/when you do happen to get hit cause they have enpara.
 Alexander.Meowryu
Server: Alexander
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2010-08-16 22:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

idk i just got done duoing an Om'yovra thf/nin and pup/sch

Thf agg'd it and hit it once to claim mob then just back tanked the yovra so it didn't get tp from hits. Thf used eva set and utsusemi.

All I had to do was nuke and deactivate. Easy as hell.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-16 23:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP can do over 2k DMG in nukes to Yovra's tho (atleast the pup that tagged with me could)

THF and RDM wouldn't have that kind of DMG input
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-08-16 23:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've duoed Om'yovras as SCH and DNC, ***was easy, only took ~10 minutes, before I was 80. DNC was geared for evasion, just have to make macros for all gear in case it does that TP move that strips everything. Also make sure your RDM doesn't suck when it comes to sleeping the THF if he gets charmed and to Grav/Bind the Yovra till THF can get hate back.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-17 06:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Piss poor easy at 75 mnk and rdm, so at 80 you can even go with thf instead of mnk for TH4 or do the om with a dd.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-17 06:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you pull it to "dry" land. Their Regen is Double while floating over the "Water".
 Caitsith.Ravant
Server: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2010-08-17 06:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I Duo'd this MNK & WHM, Just kept up Ni and Perfect Counter before ichi's. Perfect Counter wasn't always up and isn't needed but it helped a ton. I also 2boxed my RDM mule too but all I did was refresh the WHM and sleep the UFO if it charmed. But coulda been done without the RDM though.
 Bismarck.Nalien
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2010-08-17 06:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Can easily solo Om's on BLM now, using Manafont.
Solo'd an Ul' on SAM/NIN, though probably better to /dnc
Just about any combination of two jobs with one mage will be enough for either Ufo.
[+]
 Leviathan.Eburo
Server: Leviathan
user: Stephano
By Leviathan.Eburo 2010-08-17 10:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nalien said:
Just about any combination of two jobs with one mage will be enough for either Ufo.

I tried soloing it sam/dnc with a gratuitous amount of evasion (including 4 merits) and vitriolic barrage *** me at 81%.... I don't think it's entirely possible.

Then I tried duoing an om'yovra sam/dnc with a brd, got it to 18%, and things went to hell when I got charmed twice and the brd died.

Anyways, sorry but I won't believe it's soloable /nin until I see it.
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2010-08-17 11:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Again going off what people have already stated accuracy food (sushi or something), keep haste up, enfebles, sleep it if needed when an oshit moment happens. BLMx2 = np, as well.
 Phoenix.Raigne
Server: Phoenix
user: Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-08-17 11:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nalien said:

Wat? I had a helluva time trying to trio Om's, with 2 80s and me still at 75, how can an 80 solo one with Manafont? >_>:
 Ragnarok.Kurty
Server: Ragnarok
user: kurty
By Ragnarok.Kurty 2010-08-17 12:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed a Ul'Yovra as an 80 pup/nin with a evasion/str/attack build after eating a pizza in around 35 minutes. I'm sure a high evasion or high haste dd/nin and mage pair could duo it. Like others have said, claim and drag it to land, then just need to watch your tp feed and make each hit count. Some of its tp moves will make you naked or charm you which makes you lose all of your tp... which really cuts back on your ws damage. Have the mage do some DoTs and just keep hacking away at it. Good luck!
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-08-17 12:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Raigne said:
Bismarck.Nalien said:

Wat? I had a helluva time trying to trio Om's, with 2 80s and me still at 75, how can an 80 solo one with Manafont? >_>:

Wrong place maybe? Best place is Jailor of Justices spawn. Theres a patch of ground with a big bush that you can abuse to make the UFO have pathing troubles to pwn it easily. A SCH solo'd two for me a few days ago for my Light Gorget.
 Caitsith.Katas
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-08-17 12:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Beyond easy on the OM's with rdm and mnk

Edit: @ 80
@ 75 see below
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-08-17 12:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Raigne said:
Bismarck.Nalien said:

I duo'd an Om'Yovra once @ 75 w/ mnk and rdm, was very difficult. Other than that, at 75, would always do brd rdm mnk, which made it easy as ***. Would take like 6-8 minutes.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-17 13:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Raigne said:
Bismarck.Nalien said:
I duo'd an Om'Yovra once @ 75 w/ mnk and rdm, was very difficult. Other than that, at 75, would always do brd rdm mnk, which made it easy as ***. Would take like 6-8 minutes.

Nailen greatly exadgerates, Im always on blm I soloed Ul yovra at 75 cap before and I had to let ot shoot back up into sky several times because my casting wasnt perfect and you cant waste time. On the time my nukes went unresisted and I got them off very fast I manafonted then finished last bit with vile elixir.

At 80 now I tried Om yovra solo, convert as a blm/rdm isnt that fast to perform you probably lose 1k hp in regen fkin around doing it, I only managed 50% solo Om yovra at 80 without manafont wasnt perfect either. With manafont I rekon I could of taken it to 20%. Im a hume not a taru so not the very best blm technically but to call om yovra solo blm at 80 easy is just wrong.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-17 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been in need of a UFO organ for a while now and just have never had the motivation to do it..if anyone on bahamut wants organs hit me up sometime see if he can duo them.
 Caitsith.Deiopea
user: Magnius
By Caitsith.Deiopea 2010-08-17 14:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

DD/NIN and RDM.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-08-19 13:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, the Ul's are fairly easy :P. After realizing that we decided to try and Duo an Om and they're really not even much harder in terms of their accuracy/dmg output. Just a little more regen. Got it 15% and had some bad lucky with a certain few TP moves in a row and died :P. But yea, not much different. Their Charm does last a little longer than the Ul's on average. Enough time for the UFO to go back to the sky and regen a tick if DoT isn't on it.
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-08-19 13:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost soloed it on thf once, until it rapped me with all its status effects >.>

Was using full eva, it was going down nice and easy too.
<_<
 Bismarck.Nalien
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2010-08-21 22:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pop an elixir if you're no taru, done.

Quote:
I tried soloing it sam/dnc with a gratuitous amount of evasion (including 4 merits) and vitriolic barrage *** me at 81%.... I don't think it's entirely possible.

Then I tried duoing an om'yovra sam/dnc with a brd, got it to 18%, and things went to hell when I got charmed twice and the brd died.
Quote:
Ul =/= Om
[+]