Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » "Magic Accuracy"
"Magic Accuracy"
 Odin.Gellvos
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Gellvos
By Odin.Gellvos 2010-07-29 10:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I'm not too sure if Magic accuracy+ helps physical Blu spells I know they are a form of magic however are physical Damage. Can someone put note to this please, thanks!
 Siren.Corrin
Server: Siren
By Siren.Corrin 2010-07-29 10:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think magic acc will help land any additional effects of the spell, such as the stun from head butt.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-29 10:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Helps additional effects proc, but that's it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-29 10:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
This...

But so many blus don't seem to understand. Probably why I see countless blus running around with the macc trial swds. Even saw one guy DWing 2 lol
 Cerberus.Sey
Server: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-07-29 10:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Shamshir with +45mp Magic Acc +12. I mostly notice more longer lasting stuns. I dont use a parser so can't say if more stuns are activating. Currently working on STR trial to pare it with koggelmanger.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-07-29 12:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
This...

But so many blus don't seem to understand. Probably why I see countless blus running around with the macc trial swds. Even saw one guy DWing 2 lol

Depends. Physical accuracy is easier to come by, particularly since you can use food to get a relatively large chunk. On the flip side, if you're only concerned with the accuracy of a spell, dual wielding MAcc swords like that would put you into elemental stave territory in terms of sticking magical spells, without swapping weapons.

Purely for pushing up physical spell damage, sure, not what you want. Purely for nuking, staves are better. For a mixed role where you might be tossing out sleeps or want to preserve TP when using aspir spells or whatnot, might be good.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-29 12:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess...

Not sure how many things that you can effectively do that with that you can do it with the swds AND it be useful and wouldn't kill your dmg too much.

Koggles/khanda for me maybe -def or magic def one eventually
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-07-29 13:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
This...

Since it helps additional effect proc, I don't see what's wrong with using macc sword for headbutt spam.....

Depending on the situation(such as, when you really really need stun to proc on tough dangerous mobs), macc sword may be more beneficial than other acc/STR/OAT sword.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-29 14:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I don't need the macc very often. The few targets where Head Butt would be of use but also not proc consistently I generally don't melee on BLU, and the rest don't justify grinding out yet another sword when I already have so many other weapons to make that are of much greater utility.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-29 16:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit of what night said combine with the fact if I am there to stun it's generally there not as the oh hey there is an aga or a slow tp move but more of keeping it locked or at least semi locked.

In that case I'm hardly DDing (sometimes I'm not even meleeing for tp feed concerns) so really keeping it to swds is meh. On top of that I'm definitely not relieing on headbutt only by far.

If I'm there for the occcasional headbutt and some DD duration isn't the biggest concern. While say my tp gain is

Lastly I've yet to see a blu that swaps to a huge macc set for headbutt. So you could always just ya know do that instead of gimping your swds
By Raldo 2010-07-29 16:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Putting m.acc on your swords allows you to keep a heavy m.acc build without sacrificing haste so your head butt is back up as fast as possible. Plus, the amount of m.acc on those swords is a lot, and like you said, most people don't swap gear for headbutt.

I'm not really fighting for or against here; just throwing that out there. I never bothered to make even one m.acc sword and have no intention to in the future, but that was the main reason why I considered it. I'm not sure I can tolerate any more Trial of the Magians if I ever finish these Occ2/3 weapons for monk.
By Afania 2010-07-29 19:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Lastly I've yet to see a blu that swaps to a huge macc set for headbutt. So you could always just ya know do that instead of gimping your swds

Well I don't only use BLU for doing dmg, casting headbutt in macc sword means I can put refresh/acc/fast cast/haste gear in other slots. It also helps the debuff and magical spells land.

And you can always swap to a DD sword when you need to DD more and support/debuff less.

I guess it all depends on the situations and play style.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2010-07-29 22:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A bit of what night said combine with the fact if I am there to stun it's generally there not as the oh hey there is an aga or a slow tp move but more of keeping it locked or at least semi locked.

If you are there as the stunlock guy, then wouldn't that actually be a perfect scenario for the macc swords?

While I'm fairly certain that most of the people you see running around with macc swords are idiots who think it affects their physical spell accuracy, they technically are a useful tool to have.

...but I can't see myself getting them. STR sword trials are pissing me off enough.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-29 23:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when I'm the stun lock guy blitzstrahl is doing alot of the heavy lifting.
By Mmbacon 2010-07-31 20:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
This...

I don't know if I lol more when I see this or get irritated -.- ... One of the main reasons BLU is my main job and I still won't invite one to a party that I have not seen in action.
By Mmbacon 2010-07-31 20:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmbacon said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
This...

I don't know if I lol more when I see this or get irritated -.- ... One of the main reasons BLU is my main job and I still won't invite one to a party that I have not seen in action.

Ninja Edit: I read this again and it didn't really seem clear who I was supporting.

@Dasva I def agree. :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2010-08-02 09:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
People also believe that Macc helps with QD on COR too, but that is a load of crap.

You're a *** idiot
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-08-02 10:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
Quote:
People also believe that Macc helps with QD on COR too, but that is a load of crap.

You're a *** idiot

QFT.