Jump EQ Build.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Jump EQ build.
Jump EQ build.
 Asura.Bonlack
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2010-07-26 08:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently LVL 62 DRG and looking to make a good Jump build. I understand that VIT is a

modifier of Jump. So just wondering some good EQ's rare/ex or buyable from AH to make a

good build to do better damage.
 Asura.Shinagami
user: Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-07-26 09:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO the Jump abilities for drg aren't really for damage dealing, they do damage as a bonus. Jumps are used primarily for enmity control for yourself, and secondarily on tp. Jump is the only one of the 4 jumps you get that doesn't alter the amount of enmity your drg has.
High Jump reduces some of the monster hate directed toward you, and Super Jump completely removes enmity from you.
That being said, I think you should just stick to using your af feet (10% attack bonus to jump) and put your money into other things~

tl:dr Don't bother.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-26 09:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried VIT gear for Jumps awhile ago.. And to be honest, it didn't make all that much difference. Like Shin said:

Asura.Shinagami said:
tl:dr Don't bother.

Edit: I'll have a look at a build for it though in a bit for ya however.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-26 09:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

until 70 where your gona use the barone for TP bonus.
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-26 09:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Righty, I've had a look, and here is what I think.

All that, is quite expensive, its like 748K, just for a Jump build, and you'd need to do Campaign, and the Lance Corporal Assault "Shanarha Grass Conservation" until you got a ??? Sash to appraise into the Belt, of course, you could always go for a virtuoso belt instead to help with landing them, but I rarely had Accuracy issues on DRG because of the Accuracy Bonuses.

Hope that helps.. And feel free to pick at it peoples of FFXIAH.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-07-26 09:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol... you guys are crazy. A Double Attacked jump with crits can rival WS damage at times.

Basically, the way to build jump is consider the best TP build if Haste wasn't existant. You want lots of VIT, STR, Attack and Acc. And always wear your AF boots. That is for JUMP though. High Jump doesn't really do much damage, and super jump does none obviously. Spirit Jump... iunno.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-26 09:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said:
Lol... you guys are crazy. A Double Attacked jump with crits can rival WS damage at times.

Basically, the way to build jump is consider the best TP build if Haste wasn't existant. You want lots of VIT, STR, Attack and Acc. And always wear your AF boots. That is for JUMP though. High Jump doesn't really do much damage, and super jump does none obviously. Spirit Jump... iunno.

Thats not exactly using VIT alone is it though? Most cases, wearing a mix of your WS and your TP gear (+ DRG AF Feet) will perform quite nicely. But yeah, Ihm has a point, Haste is obviously useless in a Jump setup.

(Sidenote: I've had High Jump out-do Jump at times by a couple points of damage, don't knock it, and Spirit Jump is.. eh.)
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-26 10:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jump's damage is calculated using your weapon and polearm skill. Basically, it uses the base damage of your normal attacks to calculate the damage it causes, using VIT as a modifier somewhere in the formula.

If you treat jump like any other weapon skill, you'll have your answer: raise your base first, then add modifiers when adding any further attack or strength is impossible.

So basically, to answer the OP: Don't bother wasting money on VIT. Just use your usual STR & attack setup.
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-07-26 11:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There's at least two threads in the DRG forum for this. Here's the summary.

Jump and High Jump use different formulas.

Jump:
AF feet are a MUST
While not perfectly true, the rule of thumb that 2 STR = 1 VIT is relatively accurate

High Jump:
AF feet do nothing
VIT does nothing

Spirit Jump:
Current prevailing theory is that VIT and TP bonus gear do nothing.

End result: Basically, wear your WS set unless you want to spend gobs of gil on VIT gear that's otherwise useless.

On Jump TP Bonus gear:
2+2+5 = 9 = Not a hit taken off your build. Jumps also have this nasty habit of missing, which means that TP shouldn't be counted on for your build. Therefore, wear it if ya got it, but don't wear it above all else.

Edit:
Aaaand errors corrected.
 Asura.Shinagami
user: Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-07-27 11:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignore me if you want...but I'm just telling you the truth, don't bother with an equip set up. I do jumps in what ever im wearing and I have had crits, and DAs proc on jumps, yeah they're nice, but again, i stress, Jumps are more about keeping you alive than doing "OMG DMG"...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 11:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's no reason for not having a Jump build. If you want more enmity shedding on High Jump just put Wyrm Brais in your build but keep the other stuff. A Jump build for DRG is like having a Polearm build for SAM, it's a part of the job.