Leafstorm vs. Maelstrom
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-30 15:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said:
Sorry for the necro bump. Been away from the game for a while now and not looking forward to having to level 80-85. Looking to see what's changed, and see something I got firsthand knowledge on.

As for the MG things:

Maelstrom.

Don't bother with physical AoEs unless you want to die and look *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. A good Maelstrom will one shot all of them.

In the advent of Battery Charge and Animating Wail, BLU duoing MG should be very easy. Headbutt sticks to MG easily, and can last a while. With 2 headbutts she should never get a single ga spell off.

With Battery Charge, Magic Hammer, and MP drainkiss, auto-refresh, and at least relic body, MP should never be a problem.

One BLU Headbutt locks and tanks, the other Disseverments, covers enfeebles, and emergency stuns.

Very easy fight.

Hardest part is the pull, need a good damage mitigation set and good timing on BA Maelstrom.

Yeah, I did the "frypan > body slam > actinic burst > battle dance" and such combo a few times and it just didn't kill them all reliably. Maybe when the level cap increases more, it will make sense.. Cat ***? Maybe, but Maelstrom does a better job than those spells for this scenario. Leafstorm does just about the same as Maelstrom, but takes a split second longer to cast.

As for Flying Hip-press, didn't try that out. maybe it'd work.

I tried fighting it a couple nights, and you're right. You definitely don't want to regurgitation/disseverment kite-kill MG like people do as RDM. Fighting close is important even though it loves to double attack, simply because sometimes it will spam the hell out of Thundaga III. MP conservation is much more important as BLU/NIN in comparison to RDM. As someone said earlier, one BLU/NIN for tanking, the other could come BLU/RDM for killing slaves, debuffing MG, extra support and additional damage.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-08-30 15:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Giraffe's are *** awesome.