Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU AF+1
BLU AF+1
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-25 15:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU AF+1 kind of got owned in this update, I got the Tem. Material days before it came out and was panning to make the head, until Teal came out and made it pointless. Already have the body, just wondering if any other pieces are worthwile, due to the relatively high cost of Khromated Leather.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-25 15:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk maybe legs for cannonball?

Most jobs only get 1 good af+1
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-07-25 15:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No point really. Legs are cool if you have nothing better for Cannonball. Hands so you look nice in future updates when you're farming new spells. That's about it.

You could HQ head for the off chance that you'd be using it for monster correlation. Nothing is really much use besides the body, though.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-07-25 15:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Na I would just restart AF quest and get it storagable.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-07-27 09:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah after the body there isn't really anything left to upgrade. Sadly.
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-27 09:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Be a boss, get the shoes.
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-07-27 14:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually had the same issue xD. I had just gotten the temenos item and was about to upgrade, but then the update came out... so now I have a Teal hat instead. Still sitting on both mats, considering just dropping them T.T
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-07-27 14:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'd toss the items and spend my 75 coins upgrading a different af for another job. AF+1 Body only 8D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-27 23:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

HQing the legs may or may not be of use when constructing a -interrupt build depending on your gear and merits. Other than that, there's really nothing to upgrade now except the body.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-28 21:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Yeah I'd toss the items and spend my 75 coins upgrading a different af for another job. AF+1 Body only 8D

It isn't 75 coins for any AF upgrades.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
HQing the legs may or may not be of use when constructing a -interrupt build depending on your gear and merits. Other than that, there's really nothing to upgrade now except the body.

Check the OP, already have body. TY though, I just feel bad I outlotted someone for it LITERALLY a day before the update and Teal came out (Was planning to do head).
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-07-28 21:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What you need to do is hax the game and send me your temenos item <.< I wants the body ; ;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-28 22:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The body reference was more of a general thing than in reference to you, glad to help though.
Shiva.Superdan said:
What you need to do is hax the game and send me your temenos item <.< I wants the body ; ;
Luminian Thread drop rate was miserable for nearly everyone I've spoken to about it... I went a long time before I was even able to HQ my body.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-07-28 22:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're really OCD, I think the head might still be best when nuking with correlation bonus.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-29 04:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
If you're really OCD, I think the head might still be best when nuking with correlation bonus.

Yeah, but what do Regurgitation and Firespit correlate to?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-29 04:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For acc yes otherwise no
 Bahamut.Shinsaki
Server: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Shinsaki 2010-07-29 04:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaria said:
Yeah, but what do Regurgitation and Firespit correlate to?

Regurgitation is a Lizard spell, so it will get a correlation bonus against... insects. Sure enough, this makes it perfect for soloing Wamoura. Firespit, however, is in the "beastmen" category, and has no opposing "family." Thus, there can be no correlation bonus. It's all about situational gear. For times when correlation is a factor + you're nuking (Wamoura) there's nothing better. It's just about if you want the gear for that specific niche situation, or you'd rather just pick up a yigit turban and be done with it ^.^b
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-07-29 05:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The body reference was more of a general thing than in reference to you, glad to help though.
Shiva.Superdan said:
Luminian Thread drop rate was miserable for nearly everyone I've spoken to about it... I went a long time before I was even able to HQ my body.

I've had the cloth since my first ever limbus farm with my shell..

Several months later... :/

Now I might just have to go spend my Bcoins saved up from farming runs on SAM AF+1 or something instead, as I got that 2/2 in 2 runs straight >.>
By natecrow 2010-08-12 12:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird, luminian thread is fairly common during our runs perhaps you guys should transfer and run with us! lol, cloth however not so much. It took me about 3-4 months to finally get the cloth....our monday run earlier this week another thread hit the floor. :/
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-12 13:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Slight derail. What are the two best pair of legs for cannonball? (Just in case I can't get the best)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-12 13:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

teutates subligar

Enkidu's subligar
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-12 13:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, well I have enkidu but holy ***at those new pants. Must get....
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-08-16 02:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Superdan said:

The thread he got was the one I threw out when I quit. =P
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-16 11:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had 5/5 AF+1 for a long time, not sure that I've ever actually equipped legs feet or even hands though... The last two batches of new spells I forgot about them and left them in storage lol.

I use body and head regularly, I've been putting off getting Teal hat though 'cause even though it easily replaces AF+1 for my blu, it doesn't really replace anything for my rdm. I could use it over Goliard and AF+1 here and there, but the other bonuses on those two pieces are such that I can't really justify replacing either of them.