Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Polearm assistance
Polearm assistance
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-07-19 11:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I dnt really consider tht a downside. The effect is so common that I'm able to keep defense down on a mob almost 95% of the time with just the lances effect. Angon really isn't needed as much. To add more insult to injury it procs on all mobs at the same rate as another. Nm or regular mobs, they all get it. I realise the defense down is slightly weaker, but the increased duration tht it lasts makes up for it in almost cases.
 Fenrir.Azazael
Server: Fenrir
user: azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2010-07-22 15:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

so the general consensus now is that 5/5 Perle is win, as well as either the STP8 or weakens defense lance?

I am gonna miss my VFork and Noct Mail. Although I am pretty sure I will keep my Noct for WS.
 Asura.Railock
Server: Asura
By Asura.Railock 2010-07-25 13:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, that's a kick to the balls but as with every evolution of MMO's I'd be lying if I didn't see this coming.

I TP in HomamX3, Ares Body and Turban. Was reluctant to wear full Perle at the time because it was deemed inferior but now that the truth is out going to have to make the change. That, plus didn't want to feel like a groupie wearing full perle like everyone else but the same could be said for any job that has the optimum setup for whichever.

Just unlocked the 101 Oathkeeper, while the next trial will take me eons, I'm torn between the DMG101 Angon killing lance or the STP+8 one.
 Caitsith.Starwarsguru
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Starwarsguru 2010-07-27 10:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

@ alzeroth, where did you get the brisk mask?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-27 11:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you happen to get your hands on wyrm mail +1 or either part of the timarli set a combo of one or both of those, homam and turban will win out.

While perle wins out it also lessens your adaptability particularly in keeping your 6 hit when you need a high acc build and events like salvage where you spend most of the run lacking at least one slot. I like perle, not how it looks mind you, but the dd stats. Still, I can't help but be annoyed. I still have to carry all of my homam though, the hp/mp values make it the best for triggering hb's and boots of course for potency. High mp values on each part allow you to use mp to hp gear to really boost it up.