Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » H2H Magians Advise needed
H2H Magians Advise needed
 Bahamut.Moehre
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-07-20 01:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, lvl sync 55 is no problem, I can use my own DRG to level sync to. But would a duo be able to handle Xarcabard skeletons? I never partied in there.

I myself am doing the Trial 190 for Sword. Need to kill 50 beetles with weather. Now funny thing is I haven't found a place with weather that gives exp to a lvl 80 PLD... And when I finally managed to drag a 57 Taru to Western Altepa Desert, we were there for 2 hours and I have at the moment 1/50 Beetles... I honestly felt like ripping mandies heads off as revenge... <.<
 Lakshmi.Giti
Server: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2010-07-20 04:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I never had so many weapons for one job as I have for pup staves dont count xD. This is what I did h2h wise pet att, pet mag.Atk.Bns, pet Mag.Acc, Mantis and also use Hades sainti solo'n with whm puppet healing me like solo'n behemoth or the turtle stuff like that.
 Bahamut.Moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-07-20 05:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ui, don't even get me started on staves... When I got a Terra staff for PLD I was complaining I had to use 2 different weapons. Then I leveled BRD... And started wondering about my problems with inventory space... Then kinda miscalculated my "lvl blm only to lvl 18" and ended up with an inventory full of elemental staves... /sulk

Going to try to take the advise on Xarcabard today. Just checked on wiki, and the skeletons over there are lvl 42-45, so lvl 55 sync should be able to handle it, specially with a *4* member party (>^.^)> Just need to be careful not to level too much otherwise no Gobbue afterwards on Zi'Tah. xD

Again, thanks for sharing your tips guys/gals :)
By Raldo 2010-07-20 12:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

A little off-topic, but the only place you can get exp from beetles that also has a weather effect at 75+ is Garliage Citadel. The beetles down there are just barely EP at 75, but SE was nice enough to let all monsters that give EXP at 75, still give EXP at 80, so you should be good.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-20 12:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Moehre said:
Well, lvl sync 55 is no problem, I can use my own DRG to level sync to. But would a duo be able to handle Xarcabard skeletons? I never partied in there. I myself am doing the Trial 190 for Sword. Need to kill 50 beetles with weather. Now funny thing is I haven't found a place with weather that gives exp to a lvl 80 PLD... And when I finally managed to drag a 57 Taru to Western Altepa Desert, we were there for 2 hours and I have at the moment 1/50 Beetles... I honestly felt like ripping mandies heads off as revenge... <.<
For Sword do Beetles in Quicksand caves, the normal Western entrance, weather is usually up awhile if you're lucky. Only problem is 8 spawns with 16 minute repops, but so far the fastest way to complete it that I have seen.

If you can find a sync of about 30ish do Gusgen mines for skeles, or maybe 60-65ish for Sacr skeles, I was finding a few EPs though most are TW to me at 80. Can also do Fomor there for the undead path of the earth sword
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-07-20 13:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Priy said:
Without a doubt Verethranga (though near impossible to get at this point)is the best of the H2Hs. That being said I would suggest doing all the Pet: Bonus ones so that you have them for whatever situation you need them for.
I just started the Pet: Mgc att bonus one a week a go and I'm already at the +5 stage trial and hope to be on the +8 one by the end of the week.

Yeah, I am also doing the pet MAB. I seem to use my blm pet in more situations than others. nothing says you cant have more than one h2h ToM btw...
 Bahamut.Moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-07-21 01:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the tips guys! Skeletons trial finished, otw to Gobbue Palace.

Trial 190 for the sword is NOT going well. I was "camping" weather in Quicksand caves for 2 hours, and only got a 5 min Heat Wave. On the day advised by Weather NPC, I got a friendly RDM with a Level Sync 54 on follow that allowed me to join their party. But weather didn't last for long, even though NPC had promissed Sandstorms, and then was Mantainance. Still stuck on 19/50. Somehow some higher powers do not want me to go forward on this trial <.<
Quote:
30ish do Gusgen mines for skeles

I believe there is no weather on Gusgen Mines, or? It is a really nice tip for the undead trial ahead though! Thank you :)
 Shiva.Nightxade
Server: Shiva
user: nightxade
By Shiva.Nightxade 2010-07-21 08:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gusgen has thunder, but not sure how often. Xarc is still your best option to clear them fast. Otherwise, Garliage if you have no sync.

Garliage and CN also, for Beetles, assuming water weather also works? I believe that trial is dark-based. I camped CN for my crawlers for the pet MAB Claws, and weather was reasonable and would sometimes last very long if you just camp there and log in and out as needed for Helm Beetles.

If you have sleepga available to you, round up some beetles, take them each down to just a wee bit of life, then sleep and hold them until weather pops. Best done in Garliage.

For Ghosts for pet MAB, I found Valoredge to be the best frame, after initially being paranoid and using WHM frame. I also used my NPC Fellow for pet kills.

Bahamut.Moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-07-21 08:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was farming a lot in Crawlers Nest for Cooking/ Alchemy/ Bonecraft, but I don't seem to remember getting any experience other than from Dynast Beetle (that stupid NM that never frigging drops the damned earing). It might be that I was just killing them on the wrong spot (was on the bottom map, near the Strange Apparatus room).

I will check it out since rain also works, thanks again for the tip! I just need to be a bit more lucky with the weather with this quest than with my BLM AF... I waited 1 RL week for weather then <.< NPC kept telling me "Sunny, Sunny, Sunny"... And huge snow storm in RL... Evil game!
By Moonkeeper 2010-07-22 19:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the beetles you are looking for are in the back in a room, Pass the Rumble crawlers ^^b Helm Beetles
 Bahamut.Moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-07-23 01:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hihi, I figured out as much...

Finished Gobbue trial without any problem. Lvl 55 Level Sync in Zi'Tah is absolutely gorgeous. They die fast enough, and pop fast enough to get everything done in 3 short weather runs. Serenade could even solo one on her own. :)

I gave up on bothering friends for Level Syncs 55-64 for Western Altepa Desert Beetles, and went to Quicksand Caves (entrance J-9 West Desert). After I found out that Antican don't actually agro a lvl 80, and I don't need to lose time on sneaking, the killing went quite ok (apart from the fact that the trial sword is a snail when you are used to Joytoy). There are 5 beetle on the corridor and large room, and a last one hidden on East corridor. If you are not a big fat Galka, bring your PUP slave a friend and you get 4 more beetle hiden behind weight sensor door on the south room. Out of these 10 beetles, 2-3 should be too weak, but other than that they die faster than they pop, specially when bringing your PUP slave a friend. The only problem, as usual, is the weather not staying for very long.

Thanks again for all the nice tips and advises you all shared with me. :) If anyone in Bahamut is doing the same trials, and you see me on the spot, just send a /tell and I will gladly get you into the party :)
 Shiva.Nightxade
Server: Shiva
user: nightxade
By Shiva.Nightxade 2010-07-23 07:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sub DNC or NIN and off-hand the trial sword. I actually do all my stave trials with a Vorpal Sword for WS points and just macro in the Teiwaz at the very end for the kill. Wish I could do the same for Inferno Claws!
 Bahamut.Moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-07-23 08:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

*blink* *blink*

Quote:
Sub DNC

*checks on wiki what was missed on the last update*

Dancer
Job Traits
20 Dual Wield

*blinks again*

D'OH!!!!!!

*drops dead on the floor for having missed that "little" detail*

<.< One can tell I haven't used /dnc for a while now... I kinda gave up on Campaign a long time ago, and that was pretty much the only place I used it...

*ish going to happily drill those Beetles with the Joytoy after all*