Forum » FFXI » General » Jeanvirgaud freezes my PS2
Jeanvirgaud freezes my PS2
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-07-14 09:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else on PS2 having a problem with Jeanvirgaud (OP npc) in north sandy not loading his convo and making so all you can do is type?

Edit: I know its not my PS2 because it does it on both my PS2's
 Diabolos.Dcon
Server: Diabolos
user: Dcon
By Diabolos.Dcon 2010-07-14 09:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

yea ever since the last update this has happen to me more then once. ive had to call GM's to move my char or force d/c since sometimes i can be sitting there for more then 10mins. iplay on ps3..... i know a few years ago it use to happen when i would talk to any npc in whitegate. i had hoped that last 10hr maint would fix it.. but no
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-07-14 09:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

GM's keep giving me the run around. they say it must be my system and to run a file check. >.>

Edit: Now this GM is telling me its a lag issue. ><
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Server: Cerberus
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-14 09:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Garlend said:
GM's keep giving me the run around. they say it must be my system and to run a file check. >.> Edit: Now this GM is telling me its a lag issue. ><

The problem is actually the Ps2/Ps3 system itself.
It's a problem you can't fix, at times it just acts up more then others. Based on server lag etc.
Can't be fixed, I just moved to PC, wayyy wayyyy better if you have the option.
[+]
By Nightness 2010-07-14 09:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah happens to me all the time on the ps3 the outpost warper, whitegate tele, explorer moogle exc.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
Server: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-07-14 10:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, been happening to me since the level cap update. The Outpost and Whitegate teleport NPCs stall for about 30 seconds when I talk to them. Was also running a mule through Jeuno last week and when I zoned into Lower I got the first ACP cutscene. Right at the end my PS2 completely locked up and I had to hit the power switch in the back. Did it four times before I finally had to have a friend log me on and move me out of the area.