Forum » FFXI » General » Apkallu aggro from wamoura princes
Apkallu aggro from wamoura princes
 Cerberus.Vespario
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Vespario
By Cerberus.Vespario 2010-07-13 08:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So the other day after exping on Mount Z awhile I got pummeled by some Apkallu. Thought I miscasted or something. Went in today, first spell I cast on a wamoura prince I get the beat down again X_x Never had this happen. Did SE change behavior or is this broken or what? In case you don't know you don't see the damage from Stone V if you deactivate shortly after casting.

EDIT: Okay, I just ran in front of one without doing anything and it aggroed -_- Is this cause of all the magian nonsense? I haven't done any Apkallu trials though =\
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-07-13 08:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems odd, however the only thing i can think of is that SE added those magian trials for the 2-3 attack h2h weapon that require people to kill 450 Apkallu. That may have triggered some weird ***to happen as a result. If i recall Apkallu hate is zone based so it may have been a result of that. If not then when in doubt blame it on Muffin.
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-07-13 08:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Apkallu hate I'm almost entirely positive is cumulative, and covers all zones. Meaning you kill enough of them and no matter what zone you're in, you pass them and they will aggro you even if they're too weak con. You must have built up some Apkallu hate along the way.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-13 08:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Apkallu hate I'm almost entirely positive is cumulative, and covers all zones. Meaning you kill enough of them and no matter what zone you're in, you pass them and they will aggro you even if they're too weak con. You must have built up some Apkallu hate along the way.
Cerberus.Vespario said:
EDIT: Okay, I just ran in front of one without doing anything and it aggroed -_- Is this cause of all the magian nonsense? I haven't done any Apkallu trials though =\
Could it be that they will aggro anyone if an extreme amount of them are killed? I don't even think that was tested far as I am aware.
 Ifrit.Semper
Server: Ifrit
user: Semper
By Ifrit.Semper 2010-07-13 08:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure Apkallu hate works in a way similor to fomors. That's to say that if non have been killed none will aggro but the more that get killed the lager the aggro range [and tp moves change too]. now the difference is that while fomor hate is player based [meaning it's based on the player hate], Apkallu hate is zone based meaning they aggro EVERYONE that passes past. Apkallu are part of trail weapons [axe final is one]. so hate will probably always be there now.

Link EDIT http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Apkallu

cba sorting link out..... so here is what it says.

Apkallu have a communal hate based on how many you have killed (like Tonberries and Fomor). As your Apkallu hate goes up, they start using a larger variety of attacks. Initially they only use Yawn. After as few as 4 kills they will begin to use Beak Lunge, and will begin use of Frigid Shuffle after approximately 15 kills. They start to react violently to White Magic (including attacking healers even after extremely low Cures), and become very difficult to kill (gaining both physical and magical damage resistance to the point of near invulnerability). As Apkallu hate rises, their rate of multiple attacks and Counter use will increase as well. It is currently unclear how to lower Apkallu hate rapidly, though it will decrease over long periods of time. Over a 1 week game time period, the hate will decrease by at least 20 kills, possibly more.

Apkallu hate appears to be area based. Which means, if a group of people caused high Apkallu hate in an area, another group which comes later will receive the hate effect. It is possible to trade certain fish (Ahtapot, Veydal Wrasse) to the Apkallu NPCs, which makes them follow you around. Preliminary tests shown that hate raises rapidly with the following NPC Apkallu looking at the player killing other Apkallu. Also, after a certain amount of hate is accumulated, the NPC 'green' name will turn yellow indicating that the player has accumulated a large amount of hate. NPC Apkallu does not seem to appear when there is high hate in an area.

[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-07-13 09:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Best mob ever...a 'smart' mob.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-13 09:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Apkallu are zoned based hate, zone specific as well.

They're not based on the individual, they're based on the zone. If people have been killing apkallu (most likely for trial of magians) and build up their hate, they will aggro anyone in the zone, not just the people who built up hate.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-13 09:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It was funny when I had to kill 450 of them. When I'd finish killing for my session, I'd just afk just out of aggro range and wait for someone to wander through the zone, was great.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-07-13 09:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
It was funny when I had to kill 450 of them. When I'd finish killing for my session, I'd just afk just out of aggro range and wait for someone to wander through the zone, was great.
You are a horrible troll. :( I'd have been SO pissed.
[+]