Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK greatsword
DRK greatsword
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-12 20:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

@ giazz yeah I was trying something out earlier with swordstrap, but i normally do use polegrip with it. But thats what is on me currently
and I thought It was 7hit build the way it is.
I can't check ffxi calculator cuz i'm at work xD but can u check D: for DRK/SAM with that gearz?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-12 20:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Salamand Sword (OATDMG+) is amazing for Greatsword builds, and even comes out on top of many scythe Builds. Because of Spinning Slash's pDIF bonus (About the same as Gekko) Salamand Sword winds up also being a very solid piece even on HNM, where Vengeance is not.

Krabkatoa Shells are also insanely easy to come by. 50-100k and camp the Fence in East Ron_S and you're done in a week or less.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-12 20:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
@ giazz yeah I was trying something out earlier with swordstrap, but i normally do use polegrip with it. But thats what is on me currently
and I thought It was 7hit build the way it is.
I can't check ffxi calculator cuz i'm at work xD but can u check D: for DRK/SAM with that gearz?

With the gear you posted?

I though I answered that question before you asked it lol

here:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
You should use Pole grip with your Albion, Volkom.

This is because using sword strap with Albion's 466 delay will but you at 452 delay, but then you will need 24 SToreTP to keep your 7hit... which you will not be able to get if you're wearing sword strap, thus it breaks your X-hit build etc.

That means that you would be stuck with an 8hit build if you wear sword strap, unless you also wear Goading belt.

If you just use Pole grip with Albion's 466 delay, all you need for a true 7hit/6hit rebuild is 17 StoreTP for TP and for WS.

I think I also posted that here: (can use it for reference)

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=11642#668727

You only need +17 StoreTP for TP and for WS for a 7hit build...if you use Pole grip with your Albion.

You would need +24 StoreTP for a 7hit build... if you use Sword strap with your Albion.

Also, don't use Abyssal earring with GS. Assault earring would be better. (though maybe you put Abyssal in that GS gear set by mistake)
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-12 21:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

@ giazz, 2int for ws XD if it means anything lol
waiting for the new str earrings to be made on the server
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-12 21:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@ giazz, 2int for ws XD if it means anything lol
waiting for the new str earrings to be made on the server

I would use Triumph earring's Str+2 or even Assault earring's attack+5 for GS WS. (your Cratio bonus on WS is not completely capped on HNMs, so attack still helps some)

I use Triumph earring for GS WS personally... but yeah INT+2 wouldn't be "useless" for WS since INT IS a modifier for spinning slash.

The main reason why I pointed out Abyssal earring on your GS gear sets was because you also had it listed on your TP gear set. Shouldn't TP in Abyssal if you're using GS imo. (TP in Abyssal with Scythe though)

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-12 21:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

@ giazz yeah I know. i'm hoping for better earring, so i'm just waiting. Don't wanna spend my money then have to replace the thing in a few months
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 08:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Giazz
K i just woke up today, and ran ffxi calc. with the gear I showed you earlier, it is 7hit build even with sword strap. so you might've put a number in there wrong :P
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-13 09:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So just from what I've seen if I could choose from what I want most to least would be: Caladbolg > Ferus Algol > Salamand Sword > Albion > Nightfall > Prestelame. But I don't know anything about the Prestelame.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 13:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Wardens said:
So just from what I've seen if I could choose from what I want most to least would be: Caladbolg > Ferus Algol > Salamand Sword > Albion > Nightfall > Prestelame. But I don't know anything about the Prestelame.
you need albion to get caladbolg -_-
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-13 14:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Wardens said:

Why do you even have Nightfall in that list? The GS is garbage and will parse lower than most 75 GS.

Its just a standard 444 Delay GS, the fact that people dont realize the TP regain is not doing jack ***for your TP build really irks me. Its only 1 Tic Regain people your not going to push it into a 6-hit build, its stuck at a 7-hit just like every other 444 Delay GS.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 14:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Why do you even have Nightfall in that list? The GS is garbage and will parse lower than most 75 GS. Its just a standard 444 Delay GS, the fact that people dont realize the TP regain is not doing jack ***for your TP build really irks me. Its only 1 Tic Regain people your not going to push it into a 6-hit build, its stuck at a 7-hit just like every other 444 Delay GS.
nightfall looks badass, and a great trophy for mannequin :D
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-13 14:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Prestelame is (currently) the last stage of Salamand Sword lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Brexx
user: Brexx
By Phoenix.Brexx 2010-07-13 14:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally use Nightfall for a "First hit" weaponskill in bcnm/isnm/ksnm etc. Then i switch to Naglering or Scythe. I also found it usefull while running around Nyzul Isle;Looking for the leader or a lamp floor gaining tp. A VERY nitch piece....
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 14:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

*sigh* iono what else to get for my drk :/ I want to see more gearz on AH XD
I know i need sea gorget/torque. maybe homam hands.
But what other gear should I get to make it better that I can buy?

Phoenix.Brexx
user: Brexx
By Phoenix.Brexx 2010-07-13 14:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly tp in full Perle set and pole grip
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-13 14:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

fire bomblet, PCC
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 14:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brexx said:
Honestly tp in full Perle set and pole grip
but I have way more haste with my current setup...
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-13 14:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 Perle will beat any Homam Combo Including wearing E:body unless you have Dusk +1 Gloves.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-13 14:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
5/5 Perle will beat any Homam Combo Including wearing E:body unless you have Dusk 1 Gloves.
yeah, unless one of those slots is vital for your x-hit build (I'm looking at you, askar korazin/aurum cuirass)
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-13 14:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are using Askar Body on DRK then there is something wrong.

DRK is the last job that requires askar, period.

501 Delay builds you only need Rose Strap Rajas Brutal

528 Builds you just need Rajas and Brutal.

Tell me again why does DRK need to gimp itself using askar body?

5/5 Perle has the same haste as Homam Hands/Pants/Feet/Turban Combo, and Higher STR ATTK and ACC.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-13 14:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Wardens said:

you need albion to get caladbolg -_-
My bad :P lol
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Why do you even have Nightfall in that list? The GS is garbage and will parse lower than most 75 GS.

nightfall looks badass, and a great trophy for mannequin :D
^This. And my other reason was because it's a new GS. That's about it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 14:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

K so. get full perle, bomblett, maybe pcc/torque for TP set
what about WS?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-13 14:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
If you are using Askar Body on DRK then there is something wrong. DRK is the last job that requires askar, period. 501 Delay builds you only need Rose Strap Rajas Brutal 528 Builds you just need Rajas and Brutal. Tell me again why does DRK need to gimp itself using askar body? 5/5 Perle has the same haste as Homam Hands/Pants/Feet/Turban Combo, and Higher STR ATTK and ACC.
was't talking about scythes, was talking about OAT greatsword lol
It needs more than rajas/brutal/rose, and I don't have a goading belt (yet), so Korazin will be my best option...
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 14:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
If you are using Askar Body on DRK then there is something wrong. DRK is the last job that requires askar, period. 501 Delay builds you only need Rose Strap Rajas Brutal 528 Builds you just need Rajas and Brutal. Tell me again why does DRK need to gimp itself using askar body? 5/5 Perle has the same haste as Homam Hands/Pants/Feet/Turban Combo, and Higher STR ATTK and ACC.
was't talking about scythes, was talking about OAT greatsword lol It needs more than rajas/brutal/rose, and I don't have a goading belt (yet), so Korazin is my best option...
thats pretty sad... go go nueveo coselete acc10,storetp4 subtleblow 4 :D or hauberk/hauby(+1) >_>
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-13 14:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
was't talking about scythes, was talking about OAT greatsword lol It needs more than rajas/brutal/rose, and I don't have a goading belt (yet), so Korazin is my best option...
thats pretty sad... go go nueveo coselete acc10,storetp4 subtleblow 4 :D or hauberk/hauby( 1) >_>
Forgot about nuevo, and I do have a hauberk +1 lol
edit: do weaponskills have a TP overflow?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-13 14:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
was't talking about scythes, was talking about OAT greatsword lol
It needs more than rajas/brutal/rose, and I don't have a goading belt (yet), so Korazin will be my best option...
Have you considered throwing on Sword Strap and retaining your current x-hit at a lower delay with higher acc?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-13 14:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

when using scythe, yeah, I use sword strap and haub +1
I haven't used GS in a while, but ffxicalc shows that my ''GS TP build'' has a 6-hit and capped accuracy with pizza +1 and hasso
edit: somehow typed 7 hit
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-13 15:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Askar body isnt worth using even if it X-hits you, the ACC loss is going to kill your overall Damage over time. I cant stand Askar it makes me rage seeing Drks use it.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-13 15:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
5/5 Perle will beat any Homam Combo Including wearing E:body unless you have Dusk 1 Gloves.

Wait... I haven't looked into perle too deeply, but you aren't telling me my Ebody/homam combo is beaten by full perle, a set i got in one day on one run that every gimp now has the full set of, you surely jest.

I'm going to go kill myself.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-13 15:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SK it makes me *** cry too but yes it destroys E:body and 3/5 homam unless you have Dusk +1.

Editing my Post.

The English Translation was mistyped on the head showed it having 2% Haste...

Every other translation of the game shows it having 3% haste meaning the entire set equals in haste to using 3/5 homam and Turban, and will have Higher STR ATTK and ACC.

Its been tested and proven that it is indead 3% haste on the head and not 2%...

Makes me Emo :/