economy fail?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-07-09 21:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So im not one to typically *** about this, but it's starting to be a little much. I mean how stupid are some of these people? The economy is crashing like wildfire on every server because people are too stupid to work the market properly. Im not saying people are being lazy and undercutting, what im saying is they're being stupid about how they do it, i mean seriously:

Yes i know, small image, photobucket re-sized and i don't feel like dealing with changing it. my general point is why the hell are people undercutting items by 10k? you want to sell something fast, undercut it by 1k, it'll still get sold, you get an extra 9k, and the economy stays at least a little stable (or better yet dont undercut at all). but no, people are to stupid to do that, and we have items dropping 70k in price in 6 days, which is a little much. or the price of dusk gloves dropping to 20k, from there 300k a couple months ago.

and i know, people are just going to come in this thread and act like they know what im thinking and be like "*** you just mad cuz you tryin' to sell fumas and you can't gettum to sell!!!111 if you was buyin' um you'd haz no problem with the price drawp hippuhcrite111!!!" to which i respond "no, you're a retard, i simply feel that the economy would do better if you couldn't buy the best piece of armor in the game with the 70gil you got NPCing earth crystals."
[+]
By Zekko 2010-07-09 22:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

inc FFXI reccession
[+]
 Bahamut.Valencea
Server: Bahamut
user: Valencea
By Bahamut.Valencea 2010-07-09 22:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI players would be the best day traders =)

Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-09 22:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought Perle items. Spent a few million on them. Now it would have cost me less than 500K, lol!!!
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-09 22:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm crafting though or have a whole bunch of gear to get rid of and someone else is undercutting what I'm trying to sell so that all my junk is being sent right back to mh, I'm still gonna undercut even more. I understand your complaint though but its kind of a natural occurance. I'm expecting prices on some of this gear to go back up in a week or two. Others though, after this update you can probably find better for free so there's no value anymore really.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-09 22:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

actually I noticed today how the economy is dropping suddenly on everything. I logged on and saw everything on the floor even on other servers

Hauby 40k
SH 50k < good thing i sold mine a couple of weeks ago for 100k.
 Asura.Serano
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-07-09 22:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
actually I noticed today how the economy is dropping suddenly on everything. I logged on and saw everything on the floor even on other servers Hauby 40k SH 50k < good thing i sold mine a couple of weeks ago for 100k.
kewl story brah <3
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-09 22:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of the new items and just updates in general has people mass panicking and selling everything off and some stuff is just not good anymore. Hence forth huge stocks and low demand. Which means price is going to drop.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-09 22:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I noticed jujitsu gi has dropped drastically; I don't really have a dd job any higher than that atm. Some of this gear's prices dropping like this just doesn't seem to make any sense, just a bad time to sell right now probably. :[
 Asura.Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-07-09 22:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Now we just need roundel to drop 3M and ill be set. one can only dream

Edit: nvm just dropped to 5M :x
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-09 22:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Times have changed for sure. But maybe now some folks can equip themselves better and not break the bank. Gil was tough for me to get not to long until I was able to start mercing!!
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-09 22:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

it's still ridiculous things like SH and hauby are selling, those pieces are good for a lot of levels, not like I have a complain, means we will get better gear easily while leveling.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-07-09 22:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Serano said:
Now we just need roundel to drop 3M and ill be set. one can only dream

Edit: nvm just dropped to 5M :x
Start farming!
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-09 22:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to start farming after I blew all that gil on gear for my WAR when he hits 78, lol!!
 Fenrir.Takien
Server: Fenrir
user: Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2010-07-09 22:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It started a while back with all the High prices items being dumped for cheaper and cheaper. Now it seems everything is being sold less then the guy before sold it for. Seems peeps dont realize you need some lvl sync gear to be effective at these sync camps. meh
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-09 22:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
So im not one to typically *** about this, but it's starting to be a little much. I mean how stupid are some of these people? The economy is crashing like wildfire on every server because people are too stupid to work the market properly. Im not saying people are being lazy and undercutting, what im saying is they're being stupid about how they do it, i mean seriously:
(pic)

Yes i know, small image, photobucket re-sized and i don't feel like dealing with changing it. my general point is why the hell are people undercutting items by 10k? you want to sell something fast, undercut it by 1k, it'll still get sold, you get an extra 9k, and the economy stays at least a little stable (or better yet dont undercut at all). but no, people are to stupid to do that, and we have items dropping 70k in price in 6 days, which is a little much. or the price of dusk gloves dropping to 20k, from there 300k a couple months ago.

and i know, people are just going to come in this thread and act like they know what im thinking and be like "*** you just mad cuz you tryin' to sell fumas and you can't gettum to sell!!!111 if you was buyin' um you'd haz no problem with the price drawp hippuhcrite111!!!" to which i respond "no, you're a retard, i simply feel that the economy would do better if you couldn't buy the best piece of armor in the game with the 70gil you got NPCing earth crystals."

Should have sold your ***earlier.
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-09 22:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch Prince!!
 Asura.Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-07-09 22:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
So im not one to typically *** about this, but it's starting to be a little much. I mean how stupid are some of these people? The economy is crashing like wildfire on every server because people are too stupid to work the market properly. Im not saying people are being lazy and undercutting, what im saying is they're being stupid about how they do it, i mean seriously: (pic) Yes i know, small image, photobucket re-sized and i don't feel like dealing with changing it. my general point is why the hell are people undercutting items by 10k? you want to sell something fast, undercut it by 1k, it'll still get sold, you get an extra 9k, and the economy stays at least a little stable (or better yet dont undercut at all). but no, people are to stupid to do that, and we have items dropping 70k in price in 6 days, which is a little much. or the price of dusk gloves dropping to 20k, from there 300k a couple months ago. and i know, people are just going to come in this thread and act like they know what im thinking and be like "*** you just mad cuz you tryin' to sell fumas and you can't gettum to sell!!!111 if you was buyin' um you'd haz no problem with the price drawp hippuhcrite111!!!" to which i respond "no, you're a retard, i simply feel that the economy would do better if you couldn't buy the best piece of armor in the game with the 70gil you got NPCing earth crystals."

Hiya :)
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-09 22:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
(pic)

shut up
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-09 22:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems people are just over reacting thinking that if its not new pieces of gear, its not worth having.

The new Perle, etc sets are good but I think people are over reacting on how useful some of those items are. Still a lot of "older" gear that is still better.

No reason Dusk Gloves should dropped as much. There are new Haste+3 and Haste+4 gloves but have yet to be found.
 Asura.Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-07-09 22:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
So im not one to typically *** about this, but it's starting to be a little much. I mean how stupid are some of these people? The economy is crashing like wildfire on every server because people are too stupid to work the market properly. Im not saying people are being lazy and undercutting, what im saying is they're being stupid about how they do it, i mean seriously: (pic) Yes i know, small image, photobucket re-sized and i don't feel like dealing with changing it. my general point is why the hell are people undercutting items by 10k? you want to sell something fast, undercut it by 1k, it'll still get sold, you get an extra 9k, and the economy stays at least a little stable (or better yet dont undercut at all). but no, people are to stupid to do that, and we have items dropping 70k in price in 6 days, which is a little much. or the price of dusk gloves dropping to 20k, from there 300k a couple months ago. and i know, people are just going to come in this thread and act like they know what im thinking and be like "*** you just mad cuz you tryin' to sell fumas and you can't gettum to sell!!!111 if you was buyin' um you'd haz no problem with the price drawp hippuhcrite111!!!" to which i respond "no, you're a retard, i simply feel that the economy would do better if you couldn't buy the best piece of armor in the game with the 70gil you got NPCing earth crystals."
shut up
Pointing Out the Obvious. No reason to shut up
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-09 22:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the Perle is good. I am keeping my Kirins body for sure!!
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-09 22:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

people will still buy dusk... I mean you want dusk till you can get those better haste hands in the next levels.

/facepalms

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-09 22:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Asura.Patriclis said:

Just stfu.

no u
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-09 22:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
people will still buy dusk... I mean you want dusk till you can get those better haste hands in the next levels.

/facepalms

I see a lot of people ditching their Haubys and Dusk gloves for Perle gear which makes no sense. Its just "oh its new and shiny" syndrome.

Dusk gloves will still sell no matter what because people will spam the craft trying to make +1s still.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-09 22:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Asura.Patriclis said:

Just stfu.

no u

no you!

no u
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Esaias 2010-07-09 23:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

!!!
I lol'd hard XD
First Page 2 3 4 5