Igqira Weskit Vs. Teal Saio From An Elvaan's PoV

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Igqira Weskit vs. Teal Saio from an Elvaan's PoV
Igqira Weskit vs. Teal Saio from an Elvaan's PoV
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-13 12:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The majority of what Pchan says is false on these forums, I respect that he did the calculations on quite a few mechanics, but recently (On AH anyways) he's been talking through his ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-13 12:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to go hunting now cos they have changed a few...
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-13 12:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Data gathered without proper procedure is worthless. You're challenging Robonosto's data and making an implicated challenge against another 40000 samples of data gathered by pchan with anecdotes. You have no hard evidence, no form of reliability, nothing, and the burden of evidence on you at this moment is massive. Parse. Or. Get. The. ***. Out.
se has updated the game since the data was parsed.things change get with the program.

lol. stupid statement is silly.

Data will always be king. Real data.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-13 12:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bahamut.Habs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Data gathered without proper procedure is worthless. You're challenging Robonosto's data and making an implicated challenge against another 40000 samples of data gathered by pchan with anecdotes. You have no hard evidence, no form of reliability, nothing, and the burden of evidence on you at this moment is massive. Parse. Or. Get. The. ***. Out.
se has updated the game since the data was parsed.things change get with the program.
Just because the cap was raised doesn't mean they redefined the formulae for game mechanics.
This.

And more importatnly until you prove otherwise you can't say it isn't the same.

Refute proof with proof
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-13 12:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Perhaps you'd like to present evidence of such a change that was not explicitly mentioned in the update notes? Burden of proof is on you here, after all.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
The majority of what Pchan says is false on these forums, I respect that he did the calculations on quite a few mechanics, but recently (On AH anyways) he's been talking through his ***.
He's often right within the boundaries he sets, but therein lies the problem: he uses a very specific set of variables for any calculation and refuses to acknowledge potential for variance with anything except "suck less".

Then he attacks Hydra with Formless Strikes up and lulz ensue.
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-13 13:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way its hard to say what is better on its own I pair Teal saio with Hecate's cape. A lot of people pair +4~6 int cape with weskit.

Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2010-07-13 13:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
Either way its hard to say what is better on its own I pair Teal saio with Hecate's cape. A lot of people pair 4~6 int cape with weskit.
Thats why its best to include your gear/buffs and mob info before deciding which piece is better than that piece.

Ofcourse finding the mobs int value and any mdb they might have might take some time, but you can build a general ideal environment to suit the mobs you are nuking most of the time.
 Bahamut.Habs
Server: Bahamut
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2010-07-15 09:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

well i kno you # crunchers are die hard stats maniacs and will be hard pressed to give up your data.

i do not have the time or inclanation to do a 40k test on mobs to prove my points.

se changes things all the time,they changed the resist rates for blm when taou came out.they changed it back awile later.

after the last update i noticed they did something to manawall.

for me and what ive noticed soloing in sea killing magic friendly mobs.that:the teal is really sweet with am2's i seem to get resisted if i toss a t4 with it more often than normal.but casting in a ixion the t4s go unresisted but am2s are less.i npc'd my weskit so i cant try to see if thats would make a diffrence or not,and i normally dont bring the relic body to nuke in.

these are my opinions and what ive noticed.dont shoot the messenger plz.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 09:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

MDB has no effect on the dmg ratio between int and MAB. And on higher base dmg spells like idk most the ones you will be using dint has only a small effect on said ratio. Small enough where even changes as large as say 40 int wont change gear selection unless they were damn close to begin with.

Now which nuke you use makes a much bigger difference and how much MAB you are packing
 Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2010-07-15 10:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i wasnt clear on manawall.what i had noticed was that it seems shorter (not that i timed it) .

as well after the initial update i wanted to tinker with manafont/manawall to see in what instances it would be useful and get some practice using that combo .

i found that using manawall/font b4 the last update i would be unintruptable and it would go to 0 mp eventually but with manafont still up i still wouldnt lose hp and nuke till im eventually dead.

but after the last update my mp eventually goes to 0 and after that i start taking hp dmg even though manafont is still up.

this wasnt mentioned in the update i dont believe?i think se is tinkering with it personally.has any1 else tried manafont/wall to try it out?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 10:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

manafont/wall doesnt work because manafont only reduces mp cost of spells to 0. It doesn't actually give you mp.

Try casting a spell and having font wear of mid cast and see how well that works lol
 Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2010-07-15 10:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

perhaps i was using the ixion when i tested it b4 the last update.having mp of 1 could be the diffrence.

and yes i have manafont go down midcast all the time.its not gonna stop me using it.alhough manafont/wall might not be as useful as i had initially thought.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-15 11:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Also tried ethereal with manawall to see if you had infinte invincible. Worth are shot but you hit 0 before Ethereal kicks in.

And as said you can make a difference swapping gear between T3/4/Am2 but really 99% of the time one nuking set is fine
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 11:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be rather not easy to test if conserve mp worked.

I mean first you'd have to know how much dmg you would've taken. And not just roundabout but pretty close.

Then you'd have to have it proc. And then you'd have to have it proc enough to have one the better procs happen so that it clearly was conserve mp and not pdif ranging
By Antisense 2010-07-15 12:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
well i kno you # crunchers are die hard stats maniacs and will be hard pressed to give up your data.

i do not have the time or inclanation to do a 40k test on mobs to prove my points.

se changes things all the time,they changed the resist rates for blm when taou came out.they changed it back awile later.

What are your points? More like nonsense.

Obviously you don't understand what the "manaburn nerf" actually entailed. Since then (or before) there has been nothing in the version update notes to indicate that there have been major changes to magic accuracy.

No, SE wouldn't say such and such has explicitly been changed. That would be expecting SE to be transparent and honest. But if there ever were a magic change analogous to the "two-hander update," then it might be interesting (but definitely not "worth it") to discover legitimate, verifiable changes based on actual data and not rambling nonsense for anecdotes.

(In the case of the 2008 "two-hander update," there were actually some major changes to the melee damage function, but "knowledgeable" players collectively clung to preconceived notions instead of trying to figure out things more substantive than "secondary randomizer" red herrings for "pDIF.")
 Odin.Nanolino
Server: Odin
user: Nanolino
By Odin.Nanolino 2010-07-15 13:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
He's often right within the boundaries he sets, but therein lies the problem: he uses a very specific set of variables for any calculation and refuses to acknowledge potential for variance with anything except "suck less".

Ya well it just took 5 years to figure most of it out, and then again alot of people discussed and posted their tests and calculations.

And sorry.. Robonostos test did miss the magacc cap and many ppl here semm to forget that INT = 1 macc till your total INT is > enemy INT+10 then you just get 0,5macc.
Since im not elvaan i dont know what suit you guys better.

Im pretty sure that Teal beats NQ weskit on puddings, (keep dreaming if you think it does on HNM, it doesnt)

By Antisense 2010-07-15 14:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Nanolino said:
And sorry.. Robonostos test did miss the magacc cap

What do you mean by this?

And let's keep it real. Almost no one figured anything out except really basic observations (INT has some effect on accuracy, etc.). It was lodeguy (the Japanese player who got all the data) in 2007 who collected and presented the data initially, and the only major things I did differently were to use multiple regression and to show elemental skill isn't "nerfed" above the 200 level. (Technically there wasn't enough to show that generic magic accuracy is equivalent to magic skill, not unexpected because there was hardly any magic accuracy on equipment back then.)

If Kaeko never bothered to mention it, "we" would still be using archaic and mostly irrelevant rules of thumb like 320/120. (To what other than wyrms and sky gods would that actually apply?)
By daisythunder 2010-07-19 22:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Teal Saio looks better then weskit..

Nobody wants a party of ppl dressed like you...

whats the point of having elite gear.. if everyone else has it.. Its only elite if your the only one who has it..

Nuff said..

Teal Gear is going to be the new seekers gear.. It won't be the best gear when the cap gets raised to 99.
its going to be cheap to acquire too.. since everyone is racking up cruer points..

Burple Pld disappeared when Iron Ram Hauby Came out..
Weskit will disapear when the next best thing comes out..

you can still wear your weskit and be a Gimp.. I wont kick you for your gimpy gear.. I will kick you for LEECHING and Being LAZY..

Odin.Nanolino
By Odin.Nanolino 2010-07-20 03:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Antisenseto said:

Yes I tend to agree with you, I mean lots of NMs I fought since capincrease etc. have been really weaker then before but not that much as most of the ppl think. lvl 80; goetia chain; and other gimmicks only helped a bit.
but average damage difference was around 130 between me (genie)
and others (teal). Next time Im gonna trade armor and will watch the difference, curious now.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-07-20 04:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno about NQ weskit but Genie weskit wins on AM2 and Thunder 4 on a Mob with 85 INT by a small difference. The less INT the mob has the better Genie weskit becomes. For the Macc part.. Cmon.. even if you are an Elvaan you only have like what, 10 less INT than a taru? That's 10 less macc on high INT mobs and 5 on low INT mobs.
Believe me that's nothing. BLM has now 322 Elemental skill if its capped with merits. I have geared myself more towards to MAB>INT and I have no problems at all nuking HNMs and normal mobs.
Hell you can even nuke Tiamat in your normal nuke set now. Don't be afraid to drop a bit macc for some more damage.
Another good reason for weskit, which is mostly underestimated, is the curse effect. It has a high proc rate and if the mob is at 100% and hits you and gets cursed it will drop to 89%. Doesn't work on NMs but will work on normal mobs. Damage between NQ weskit and Teal body will probably be the same or pretty close so I'd rather get the Teal body but I wouldn't sell my Genie for it. I know you are just looking for advice for the NQ weskit but I'm sure some of the people that will read this have Genie so I thought I'll just say that :P
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-20 07:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides if you have just a unaugmented NQ weskit in the first place... well you shouldn't
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-20 07:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all a bit moot in the end, they are so close together. I like teal cos i'm a taru and it gives me more hp and helps my vert set. If you rolled up in a weskit/Genie/teal i wouldnt care at all.

If you were wearing mp rings/int+3 rings etc you can gtfo out.
 Odin.Nanolino
By Odin.Nanolino 2010-07-27 04:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Dunno about NQ weskit but Genie weskit wins on AM2 and Thunder 4 on a Mob with 85 INT by a small difference. The less INT the mob has the better Genie weskit becomes. For the Macc part.. Cmon.. even if you are an Elvaan you only have like what, 10 less INT than a taru? That's 10 less macc on high INT mobs and 5 on low INT mobs. Believe me that's nothing. BLM has now 322 Elemental skill if its capped with merits. I have geared myself more towards to MAB>INT and I have no problems at all nuking HNMs and normal mobs. Hell you can even nuke Tiamat in your normal nuke set now. Don't be afraid to drop a bit macc for some more damage. Another good reason for weskit, which is mostly underestimated, is the curse effect. It has a high proc rate and if the mob is at 100% and hits you and gets cursed it will drop to 89%. Doesn't work on NMs but will work on normal mobs. Damage between NQ weskit and Teal body will probably be the same or pretty close so I'd rather get the Teal body but I wouldn't sell my Genie for it. I know you are just looking for advice for the NQ weskit but I'm sure some of the people that will read this have Genie so I thought I'll just say that :P

just wanted to add, havent seen it on other Nms but Ouryu v2 can be cursed, the more genie on you the better proc chance.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [124 days between previous and next post]
By Darkria 2010-11-28 11:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Genie Weskit overall will be the better dmg output gear, but like all blm gear it depends on what you are fighting and what buffs you have. I would use Genie for lower level mobs, with elemental seal, and/or against mobs weak to magic aka puddings. If you really are true into the blm job, you should have at least 3 nuking sets, a full dmg, light resist, and full resist. Yes it will take up space in you MH, but at least you will be ready for anything you might be fighting.
[+]