FF14 release day announce for PC and PS3
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-07-04 04:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't saw any of the forums thread here with the information...so i will copy paste from my MSN chat lol

-Tito says:
FF14 finally announce release! <3 PC sept30 and PS3 March 2011 ......and i can't wait to hear the music of the game since the composer music will be Nobuo Uematsu *-* i am fan of most of his background song in the Final Fantasy Series(Super Smash Bros Brawl theme song)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ here ;3 <-- and i love the track 4 of the site -

The site of FF14 was redisgn again as you can see ^^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ryuusuke
user: Ryuusuke1
By Ragnarok.Ryuusuke 2010-07-07 17:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

to be honest I do severly doubt that will be the final release date SE has a habit of doing such things and postponing at the last minute. and as seeing that the beta is still in design and not even out for testers yet and isnt forseen to be for several weeks yet at the least I would bet the pc will be pushed back to mid 2011
[+]
By Kilax 2010-07-24 18:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lame ps3 release takes too long >.<
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-24 18:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kilax said:
lame ps3 release takes too long >.<

Hell, NA/EU releases of Japanese games get here faster than that gap, lol. >.>
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-07-24 18:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally hope it gets held back a little.. I really wanna try it but.. I wanna see how F'd up XI gets at 99 with people trio'ing Lv90 hnm's <.<
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-07-24 18:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

that was announced like 1-2 months ago, dunno if ill play it though :(
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-07-24 22:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm quite frankly terrified of a Sep 30th release given how people have said the beta has gone so far.

If it's true that they can't keep the servers up for more than ~20 minutes without crashing, I wouldn't want to be a developer right now with launch only two months away.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-24 22:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I think they should push it back a few more months.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-07-24 22:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Although the people quitting ffxi and moving to XIV would leave and no longer suffocate us at HNM camps, i think that it shouldn't be released so soon.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-24 23:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I'm quite frankly terrified of a Sep 30th release given how people have said the beta has gone so far.

If it's true that they can't keep the servers up for more than ~20 minutes without crashing, I wouldn't want to be a developer right now with launch only two months away.

The last beta run went very well, they're fixing substantial things between each test.

They stress tested Kefka the other day and it went really well.

ATI cards have had a significant performance boost too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-07-24 23:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

the last beta thest i was able to partecipate finally was great. i couldnt even get to te login screen before.

yes there are in my opinion many things to fix yet like the chat system and the fight system (its ankward playing on a keyboard if you are used to FFXI). other than that no very big lag issues or slowings.
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-07-24 23:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

The last beta run went very well, they're fixing substantial things between each test.

They stress tested Kefka the other day and it went really well.

ATI cards have had a significant performance boost too.

i dint do the benchmark thingy and my computer is a dell straight and plain(dont know the model >.>) and didnt have any graphic issues. i hope that by the release date i can play with higer details ( i played with default today)
 Siren.Ashzero
Server: Siren
user: kajun160
By Siren.Ashzero 2010-08-14 15:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I am in the FF 14 beta atm, and let me say my fellow FFXI players..... you will be disapointed! FFXIV is very very bad.

The battle system is horrible. SE's fix was just to speed it up. So now you and the mob hits faster... whoopie!

There is no examine function, and the party search system is so bad that players would rather just send tells asking if you have jobs close to thier battle range.

The gear/weapons take damage, making you have to repair them. Example: You are a Lancer and your Polearm breaks, you can eaith level up Botomy and Blacksmith and gather or carry the items needed to fix your polearm or go to town and pay an NPC to fix it. The NPC only fixes your stuff up to 50%. A polearm would need a log and some metal to make so you would have top level both jobs to even play Lancer. GAY! Forcing you to craft.

The NPC's sell very limited weapons and gear, forcing you to have to buy another players gear at thier price or spending hours crafting and hoping to make some gil.

They are using a pirate theme for Limsa Lominsa and its f'n annoying to read it.

The mobs are all annoying and look so stupid I just can't help thinking this was hello kitty island.

The graphics is about all it has going for it. But be warned, this game is built with HD, and you will need a computer with good specs to even play it.

2.2GHz Dual-Core processor or higher
100GB HD or higher
512MB Graphics Card (though 1GB is preferred, 512MB is laggy as hell)
At least 4GB or more of memory
A monitor capable of HD widescreen.

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-14 15:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright above poster needs to realize, THIS IS JUST BETA. However, I will say beta is *** BORING. It is horrible and boring and all you do is grind and its pretty boring. I myself fear for the retail version mainly due to the fact that the jobs suck ***. Half the jobs ARE CRAFTING JOBS? Wtf is this? You could craft at any time in FFXI, as any job... we had 15 unique jobs after first expansions -_- cmon.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-08-14 16:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Although the people quitting ffxi and moving to XIV would leave and no longer suffocate us at HNM camps, i think that it shouldn't be released so soon.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-14 16:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ashzero said:
I am in the FF 14 beta atm, and let me say my fellow FFXI players..... you will be disapointed! FFXIV is very very bad.

The battle system is horrible. SE's fix was just to speed it up. So now you and the mob hits faster... whoopie!

It's better than XI's battle system by a long shot.
Siren.Ashzero said:
There is no examine function, and the party search system is so bad that players would rather just send tells asking if you have jobs close to thier battle range.

It's the Beta, it's already been announced to be in the full version.
Siren.Ashzero said:
The gear/weapons take damage, making you have to repair them. Example: You are a Lancer and your Polearm breaks, you can eaith level up Botomy and Blacksmith and gather or carry the items needed to fix your polearm or go to town and pay an NPC to fix it. The NPC only fixes your stuff up to 50%. A polearm would need a log and some metal to make so you would have top level both jobs to even play Lancer. GAY! Forcing you to craft.

Other people can fix weapons, meaning that crafters will always have an economy. This is a good thing.
Siren.Ashzero said:
The NPC's sell very limited weapons and gear, forcing you to have to buy another players gear at thier price or spending hours crafting and hoping to make some gil.

Same as XI, that's an awful argument to make against the game also seeing as you're locked into Limsa Lominsa. and no other town.
Siren.Ashzero said:
They are using a pirate theme for Limsa Lominsa and its f'n annoying to read it.

I'm assuming you hate Mithra and Taru's in XI then. This is such a bad point against the game I almost didn't reply to it.
Siren.Ashzero said:
The mobs are all annoying and look so stupid I just can't help thinking this was hello kitty island.

So you hated the mobs in XI then? Again another stupid point.
Siren.Ashzero said:
The graphics is about all it has going for it. But be warned, this game is built with HD, and you will need a computer with good specs to even play it.

No. To play it at the highest quality you will, to play it at a decent/low quality, a low to medium end PC will do.
Siren.Ashzero said:
2.2GHz Dual-Core processor or higher
100GB HD or higher
512MB Graphics Card (though 1GB is preferred, 512MB is laggy as hell)
At least 4GB or more of memory
A monitor capable of HD widescreen.

Both of these lines make me lose hope in humanity.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-14 16:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Alright above poster needs to realize, THIS IS JUST BETA. However, I will say beta is *** BORING. It is horrible and boring and all you do is grind and its pretty boring. I myself fear for the retail version mainly due to the fact that the jobs suck ***. Half the jobs ARE CRAFTING JOBS? Wtf is this? You could craft at any time in FFXI, as any job... we had 15 unique jobs after first expansions -_- cmon.

Implying this game is going to play anything like XI, or these are the last jobs going to be introduced to the game.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-14 17:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Every post or thread about XIV being crap is so badly done.

But I think this is probably the worst I've seen.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-14 17:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to sounds like a broken record yet Flion? :D I gave up trying to explain this to people long ago. Just let them *** all they want lol, but since we're on the subject.

People want instant gratification. A beta can and NEVER will provide that. IT IS A BETA FOR A REASON PEOPLE. If ***is so goddamn boring or stupid...they have this little thing called feedback. Use it. Seriously...try it sometime. Until then either do your part as a tester and provide feedback on changes or stfu. Don't cry about everything you hate/can't stand.
 Ifrit.Arawn
Server: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2010-08-14 17:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

O.o I just got into playing the beta recently and I was skeptical of 14 before I actually started playing it. I'm a tentative believer now. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say about the game as per my agreement but I like it so far. The battle system is different in a good way and its not a bore to play.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-14 17:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Starting to sounds like a broken record yet Flion? :D I gave up trying to explain this to people long ago. Just let them *** all they want lol, but since we're on the subject.

People want instant gratification. A beta can and NEVER will provide that. IT IS A BETA FOR A REASON PEOPLE. If ***is so goddamn boring or stupid...they have this little thing called feedback. Use it. Seriously...try it sometime. Until then either do your part as a tester and provide feedback on changes or stfu. Don't cry about everything you hate/can't stand.

I agree completely. The main points that made me facepalm are:
  • Don't like the way the NPC's talk in Limsa Lominsa

• Don't like the looks of the enemies

• The NPC's sell limited gear

• You NEED a HD monitor to play the game

I mean I can understand legitimate points about the game, but those points are so frivolous it's pathetic. That's coming from someone not objectively looking at the game, and just nit picking.

Plus it's the god-damn Beta!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-14 17:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Arawn said:
O.o I just got into playing the beta recently and I was skeptical of 14 before I actually started playing it. I'm a tentative believer now. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say about the game as per my agreement but I like it so far. The battle system is different in a good way and its not a bore to play.

I like the Battle System, it actually means DD have to pay attention.

Most people who are complaining about it, like going AFK mid-battle whilst the rest of us do more work.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-14 17:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i like this one.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-14 17:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Half the jobs ARE CRAFTING JOBS? Wtf is this? You could craft at any time in FFXI, as any job... we had 15 unique jobs after first expansions -_- cmon.

I think there's a misconception on the idea of job that's craft based. The idea that you don't have to constantly kill ***to level a job in a boring stupid grind seems actually kind of refreshing to me, not to mention provide assets to a party if you decide not to craft with that job.

No, crafting is boring as HELL. Don't lie to yourself.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-14 17:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone link or paraphrase exactly why these presumably crafting based jobs are jobs in of themselves? Do they have any purpose in battle? What are the benefits of making this a primary class etc. etc.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-14 17:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Half the jobs ARE CRAFTING JOBS? Wtf is this? You could craft at any time in FFXI, as any job... we had 15 unique jobs after first expansions -_- cmon.

I think there's a misconception on the idea of job that's craft based. The idea that you don't have to constantly kill ***to level a job in a boring stupid grind seems actually kind of refreshing to me, not to mention provide assets to a party if you decide not to craft with that job.

What the hell are you on about? You do realise that people have varying opinions on the concept of fun?

I find stamp collecting fun, doesn't mean everyone else does.

I didn't realise this game was 'Draylo Fantasy XIV: Draylo edition'.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-14 17:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

What the hell are you on about? You do realise that people have varying opinions on the concept of fun?

I just crafted a Gigasteel Greatsword in DW9.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-14 17:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I just crafted a Gigasteel Greatsword in DW9.

Woot, I've just started that, it's awesome.
First Page 2 3