Good Physical Casting Feet For BLU?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Good Physical casting feet for BLU?
Good Physical casting feet for BLU?
First Page 2
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-01 21:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the only slot I remain unsure of what is good, casting wise for physical magic. Opinions?

Edit: Right now I use Denali
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-01 21:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15734

edit since he edited: denali work fine
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-01 21:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Denali, if you want try for it the fomor NM in the past has nice feet.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=11410
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-01 21:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=11410

or this :

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=14198

If you cant get the 1st.

EDIT : I wouldnt bother myself spending 150k on blu if I had denali feet though, lose 3 dex but the acc and macc are quite nice.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-01 21:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ya i use denali on my blu...granted i'm not like omgsuper blu, they work quite well
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 21:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Humes have nice RSE2, other than that it's Setanta's > Denali > idk
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-01 21:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Taru RSE2 for Cannonball/VC; Rutters are good Cannonball for all races. Denali is your best bet for Disseverment if you can't get Setanta's. If you had to pick "just one", Denali is pretty much good for everything.
[+]
 Caitsith.Katas
Server: Caitsith
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-07-01 21:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=14162
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-01 22:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldnt use agronas personally, only 1 str more but you lose 2 acc and get 4 slow from denali
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 22:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The slow is irrelevant 99% of the time; the acc may or may not be a factor. Same could be said of the extra STR though, if it doesn't contribute to fSTR, WSC, or put you on an even value of STR it's literally doing nothing for you.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-01 22:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, slow really isn't a huge deal for spells since you should be hasted to begin with and you shouldn't be casting so much that it becomes a problem. See also: Rutter Sabatons, Gnadbhod's Helm
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-01 22:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Yeah, slow really isn't a huge deal for spells since you should be hasted to begin with and you shouldn't be casting so much that it becomes a problem. See also: Rutter Sabatons, Gnadbhod's Helm

Hey Azul!! How's Unicorn?

And yes, I considered Argona's but figured the DEX+4 would outweigh the +1STR Agrona's offers once someone mentioned Setanta's, at least for the big 3 (the slow didn't deter me). Not really in a position to obtain either right now, but I like to know what I should aim for ^^
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-01 22:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Both are very marginally better than Denali at best. They're an upgrade to make when you have nothing else left to do.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-01 22:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Agronas is not better then denali. See what nightfyre said. Especially for multi hit things (two of the big 3 are 5 hits)
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-01 22:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Agronas is not better then denali. See what nightfyre said. Especially for multi hit things (two of the big 3 are 5 hits)

He said they're situational, not flat out worse? 8/8 Sword Merits, when I'm using Sushi I'm generally not worried about Accuracy.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-01 22:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

He did say they were situational, but in most situations denali wins(he didnt say this part). even "not being worried about accuracy", 2 acc still beats 1 str if that str is doing nothing, like nightfyre said. AND, ninetails did not say situationally, ninetails said that agronas are just better.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-01 22:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

He did say they were situational, but in most situations denali wins(he didnt say this part). even "not being worried about accuracy", 2 acc still beats 1 str if that str is doing nothing, like nightfyre said. AND, ninetails did not say situationally, ninetails said that agronas are just better.

I never said anything in relation to Ninetales' post, but it is accurate that when STR isn't doing anything, you're better off going with Accuracy. I'm not denying that, what I was commenting on, was simply your statement "Agronas is not better then denali".
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-01 22:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

if something is better then something else 90% of the time, its generally safe to say its better. Call me gimp, but i wouldnt spend the time going after yilbegan for something thats not as good as something else *most* of the time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 22:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

In most situations they'll be equal. If your acc is uncapped Denali will be better, if hitrate is capped and you get extra base damage or even that 1 blue attack then Agrona's will be better, no matter how slightly.

So if anything, what I'm really saying is that Agrona's aren't worth putting in effort to get, much less the inventory-1 as compared to Denali when Khimaira has Denali already. If they fall into your lap fine, but they're not worth actively pursuing.

EDIT: 90% of the time? What are you doing (and eating + wearing) that your spell hitrate would be uncapped 90% of the time?
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-01 22:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank's for explaining it Nightfyre. Tidus, I never called you gimp, nor do I plan to, I simply feel that the statement could have beensaid better because it was phrased in a way that is not always accurate.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-01 22:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt mean it as you called me gimp, i mean it as call me gimp because im not going for agronas. And night, its much easier to be in a situation of uncapped acc then where 1 str will be a significant difference. Especially with 11 75s, i cant afford to put 8 merits into sword, though i do have 8 in blue magic.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 23:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt mean it as you called me gimp, i mean it as call me gimp because im not going for agronas. And night, its much easier to be in a situation of uncapped acc then where 1 str will be a significant difference. Especially with 11 75s, i cant afford to put 8 merits into sword, though i do have 8 in blue magic.
Physical spells receive an innate acc boost. With Physical Potency merits, you can cast in very near full mods (nearly to cover situational + the increased acc in new tp sets) and have acc comparable to your TP set. Merits have nothing to do with that, they only change the food you may need to eat to cap hitrate across the board.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-01 23:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That is my spellcasting set. Im aware turban is lol. I have 8/8 blue magic, 5/5 phys, 5/5 magic pot, and 1 in diffusion/convergance. Usually i eat pizza(if im about to play another job) or sushi. Now with all that, my acc is either not capped(in MMM and abyssea since update), or im expecting too much.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 23:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

At a glance, you actually cast in a bit more acc (gear-wise) than I do currently, and I haven't noticed any problems with my acc in the past week and a half. I may need to reexamine that once I hit 80. I'll grant that I have a bit of an advantage in level correction over you in Abyssea though. Not sure about MMM, depends on what you're doing and with what runes.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-01 23:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Disseverment and Hysteric were doing 500-600 dmg, and the odd 200 or 300 where i assumed 1 or 2 hits missed. idk i play a lot of halo. i like instant results. like 2.5k sidewinder followed by a pecking flurry to the face and a R1.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 23:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The damage sounds about right, most Abyssean mobs aren't quite as squishy as Colibri or Imps. As for the misses, bear in mind 5 hit spells only have a 77% chance of landing all hits at capped hitrate. Sounds like you were pretty close to cap if you were getting those 500+ numbers consistently.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-01 23:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf i hate blu then. i demand a refund and a recount of florida. But honestly...im getting tired of most of the jobs in this game. I love drg. DRG is my ***. I have amazing drg gear(excluding a jump setup). I break the dex tiers and have crit merits and zahaks mail and all that junk. And it blows on anything less pink then a colibri. Same for blu pretty much. I like doing hard things with low amounts of people(dark ixion with 6 anyone?) and blu just doesnt cut it for me. Thats not to say it sucks for everyone ever, just not my thing anymore i guess. i think my only three that i take past 75 will be drk pld rng
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-01 23:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

On that same note, Penta Thrust has a 77% chance of landing all 5 hits at capped acc. Drakesbane has an 81% chance. It's nothing exclusive to BLU?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-01 23:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were referring to me, i know its not just blu lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 23:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf i hate blu then. i demand a refund and a recount of florida. But honestly...im getting tired of most of the jobs in this game. I love drg. DRG is my ***. I have amazing drg gear(excluding a jump setup). I break the dex tiers and have crit merits and zahaks mail and all that junk. And it blows on anything less pink then a colibri. Same for blu pretty much. I like doing hard things with low amounts of people(dark ixion with 6 anyone?) and blu just doesnt cut it for me. Thats not to say it sucks for everyone ever, just not my thing anymore i guess. i think my only three that i take past 75 will be drk pld rng
I hear you, I retired my BLM when the update hit. BLU DRG DNC and maybe RDM for me, nothing more.
First Page 2