Dragoon Gear, Jump Set Help.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon Gear, Jump set help.
Dragoon Gear, Jump set help.
 Asura.Starstress
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Starstress 2010-07-01 12:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything with Vit. on it, such as Ostreger Mitts, Warwolf or Wyrm Belt, Barone pants, AF feet, anything you can get ur hands on, and if you're lucky augmented items that have gotten +Vit on ^^, stacking everything up and you got a bunch of awesome DMG jumps and if using Relic pants for HJ awesome eni loss too without only relying on Super Jump/Spirit
Jump. :)
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-07-01 12:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As others have stated, try Jump with and without AF feet, then try it again with High Jump. You will see the difference without even needing to parse.

Also, the other thread went back and forth about VIT stacking vs STR stacking in Jumps, and while I think they proved 1 VIT = 2 STR is NOT correct, they also showed that if you just need a rough, rule of thumb guess for a snap decision, then 1 VIT = 2 STR will work. I hadn't been aware High Jump is unmodified by VIT, but it makes sense.

While the information about Spirit Jump seems to be changing constantly, with the current belief of 1.5x TP with Wyvern, then I could see trying to toss in a couple Store TP or Jump TP pieces if you could use it to eliminate a hit on your way to 100%. Might be worth crunching some numbers to see if you can make it work. Just remember the magic 16.7%.

And while I stand by my comment about Jump TP gear, I'll clarify. Without any haste what-so-ever (Hasso, Martial Arts, etc,) it takes any weapon in the game roughly 60 seconds to get 100% TP (give or take ~3 seconds.) So Jump on the first 60 seconds, High Jump the next 60, Jump again the following 60, and then... timers are both cooling off. While merits might help with that, Haste and Store TP makes it worse. You can't rely on Jump TP gear to get you to 100% because you could also miss, and your timers may not allow for it on every 100%. So to clarify, "don't wear Jump TP bonus gear if you have something that would hit harder instead."

Wish I had time to find the older thread, but it basically covers all of this and more, with math.
 Carbuncle.Qeldroma
Server: Carbuncle
user: Qeldroma
By Carbuncle.Qeldroma 2010-07-01 13:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:

You'll see a better difference believe it or not using a Walahra and a blitz instead of that pretty ace's of yours and that Ulthalam's ring.
Ideally I'd have a zilant ring. Sitting on 3 T3 pops but I'm usually working when we do VNM. I'll buy into the haste thing though. I am concerned with acc though as i was parsing 93% rather than 95% on greater colibri last time I parsed and who knows what things are like with the level increase. I haven't hit 80 yet on DRG.
Remora.Laphine said:
white tathlum vfork ares cuirass, a combo made of win lol

Damn odin don't want to drop my vfork ; ; Many better options to look for these days, but i've been wanting it for over a year...I'm in a state that i simply have to have it lol.

You got like my dream set there Qeldroma lol. Only thing i would fix is arrange my sets based on what im fighting, different ranges of acc and stuff.

Ah yeah, there is np using ares hands, specially when you dont have any acc on body. Also, taking you are elvaan and not using zahaks, i think equipping dex wont do much good for you. You could swap that pixie for a Triumph ear or the aesir ear you already got. Or is pixie giving you a full 3 acc?
Yes I am elvaan and I don't know my base dex off the top of my head let alone what it will be at 80. It makes sense though that the dex wouldn't do much unless used excessively. I haven't been using windower macros that long so I never bought a triumph and wanted to hold off since inevitably new 3 str earrings would be released and here they are. Thank you for the compliments by the way. I'm afraid magian weapons have killed the beauty of v fork, but I'm still holding out hope for SE's promise of trials for existing weapons/armor. Moreso for the armor. (DEX/acc on ares body pl0x) I'm thinking I may end up doing the double attack corsesca.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 13:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I've also been told that Love Torque is better for Drakesbane than corresponding Sea Gorget.

Only if the DEX matters.

4 hit WS with 1.0 fTP yields a 2.5% increase to WS damage. For 7 attack to be superior, your attack would have to be below 300... I should hope this is not the case. This is also ignoring the fact that Flame/Light Gorget has more acc.

DEX is a mod for Sonic Thrust but total fTP is essentially lower (3.0 fTP but one hit); I can't think of anything better than a Soil/Light Gorget for it.
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-07-01 23:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally had a chance to dig up the other discussion. I'll save you sorting through the earlier parts of the thread and link you directly to right about where it starts..
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-07-02 04:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Where's the Goading Belt drop? :P
ANSWER! lol, Bet he's full of ***!
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-07-02 10:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what exactly is on topic here lol. I already retracted my af+hj statament. Because even though its not completely proven, the results were tending to no effect. Im guessing the current topic is equipping vit on jumps then? lol

I'm not against equipping vit on jump. It is better damagewise thats for sure, but there are many reasons that actually prevent me from doing it. The main one: inventory space. Meanwhile, a heca combo will always do fine because they are going to affect base damage thru strength, affect pdif thru str/attack and dex/crit, and finally affect acc thru sheer dex power, giving me capped hit rate on jump for anything i actually use drg on.
Sylph.Spiriel said:
Finally had a chance to dig up the other discussion. I'll save you sorting through the earlier parts of the thread and link you directly to right about where it starts..
This thread does not have anything proven at all though. There were only conjectures all around. I saw it for the first time now, but Raen did post about his test there. So that's the only positive aspect for this topic on that thread.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-11 01:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just Wondering how Perle head compares to hecatomb Cap? I have Hecatomb Cap just wasnt sure if it was worth the effort to get perle helm or not just for jumps?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-11 15:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Heca's better. Full Perle's a fairly strong TP set for DRG at the moment though.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-12 00:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh... gonna Stick w/ 3/5 Homam Turban and Noct Body...

-Inventory Ftl

Cool though ty!