76+ New BLU Solo/lowman Camps?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » 76+ New BLU solo/lowman camps?
76+ New BLU solo/lowman camps?
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2010-06-29 12:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they add any new higher level solo or lowman camps for BLU besides mire imps or xarc (s) cointeaches? When you reach lvl 77 I noticed cointeaches' exp dropped by a lot because they become tough instead of VT.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-29 13:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just level sync at Hediva and continue bringing on the imp pain. I soloed almost all of 75-80 on BLU, aside from like one short lived party for 15k exp at Promyvion-Mea. I killed more imps than grains of salt in a desert. Yeah, you get the idea. Just kill imps until your ears bleed of Caemire music, and then keep killing.

I'm really interested in seeing what happens to jobs like BST, BLU, etc come new level increases. Jobs that mostly solo going to be forced to campaign etc for exp? Hopefully they add some nice solo/duo camps in the future.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-29 13:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just get a party. Make your own, thats what I did. I level sync to 54 and did 77 to 80 on colibri. Get around 20k an hour (BLU/THF btw) and still get IS, etc. Better than imps unless you really wanna cap skills while lvling, which you can just do after you hit lvl 80.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-06-29 13:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Just level sync at Hediva and continue bringing on the imp pain. I soloed almost all of 75-80 on BLU, aside from like one short lived party for 15k exp at Promyvion-Mea. I killed more imps than grains of salt in a desert. Yeah, you get the idea. Just kill imps until your ears bleed of Caemire music, and then keep killing.

I'm really interested in seeing what happens to jobs like BST, BLU, etc come new level increases. Jobs that mostly solo going to be forced to campaign etc for exp? Hopefully they add some nice solo/duo camps in the future.

Hopefully 80+ people will lose some of the blu mentality and actually invite us. With the update and new spells, blu's became much more versatile, especially in the MP management-healing department. I kinda hate myself for saying this.. But if I got 80blu/rdm pt invites as healer i'd %&^*ing take it. However i'd still prefer to go out guns blazing.
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2010-06-30 19:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Been killing imps this afternoon, they are still giving lots of exp at 78, I didn't realize they would give so much still lol

Hopefully in level cap increase they'll put higher level imps or something like them xD

Weird that I see a full lvl sync party of mostly BLUs killing imps at 76, and I'm soloing them for more exp than them o_O;
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-06-30 19:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said:

Been killing imps this afternoon, they are still giving lots of exp at 78, I didn't realize they would give so much still lol

Hopefully in level cap increase they'll put higher level imps or something like them xD

Weird that I see a full lvl sync party of mostly BLUs killing imps at 76, and I'm soloing them for more exp than them o_O;

I found trio'ing best imp exp, at least at 75. BLU, BLU, RDM Monopolised 2-3 imp camps at a time, sometimes throwing in a fly to keep chain. Xp can drop a little lower than desired sometimes on low chains, but the fast kills and higher chains make up for it in my opinion. Plus, it's always more fun to play with friends^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 19:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing most my lvling doing trials or pets
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2010-06-30 19:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Asura.Sabishii said:

I found trio'ing best imp exp, at least at 75. BLU, BLU, RDM Monopolised 2-3 imp camps at a time, sometimes throwing in a fly to keep chain. Xp can drop a little lower than desired sometimes on low chains, but the fast kills and higher chains make up for it in my opinion. Plus, it's always more fun to play with friends^^
Sounds really nice. The group that's at the same camp I'm at doesn't seem to be doing as well as they SHOULD. I'm still finding mobs to kill because their RDM is not grabbing every mob he can, but at least they're keeping the area soulflayer free (only imp camp I can get is the one with the flayers) xD
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-06-30 19:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The vast majority of Caederva Mire Heraldic Imps are 80, with a few 79, so in-between-parties it's a good spot to solo to fill in any missing skillups.

Of course they die really quickly at 79 to 80, so mostly you'll be just getting Blue Magic skill with some EM/DC-T exps (with Astral Candescence bonus.) So exp-per-kill goes way down compared to fighting them as a 75 or with a 75 sync.

However, the upside is with Battery Charge you will likely be getting Chain 5 without resting at all--at 78 to get Chain 5 you will likely have to rest at least a little tiny bit, but with Battery Charge at 79 it really makes a huge difference performance-wise. So if no one is around (a big "if" sometimes depending on time of day and your server population) you can safely and easily skill up and get some decent exps just sitting in one area.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-06-30 19:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do Imps in Xarcabard S till 78ish, then head into Castle Zvahl Keep S and climb to the porter room there's 4 of them below you you can pull. Will take you to 80.

I kinda got lucky though and got an amazing Chigoe burn pty and that took me from 75-79 in like 2 1/2 hours. After the pty I was like 5k tnl so I payed an Astral Burn and got to 2k till capped exp for 80 lol.
[+]
 Asura.Kowen
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-06-30 20:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I did one Allied Ring charge a day on imps in Xarcabard. I also got killed by an amphiptere AT LEAST twice a day, so I'm not sure I'd recommend it as a good camp. It has a huge area it flies around in (it'll even aggro people by the arbiter), and the safest corner only has two spawns in it, so you're forced to go somewhere else if you want to keep your chain up.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-30 20:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

79+ you can pretty much infinite chain with strong gear and a good bit of luck. Just need to not be resisted on Magic Hammer, keep Battery Charge up, and not spend too much time between pulls.

Hell, with a BRD as my puller and giving me dual marches, we got up to chain 32 until I *** up and aggroed a flayer, which killed the chain.
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2010-06-30 20:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kowen said:
I did one Allied Ring charge a day on imps in Xarcabard. I also got killed by an amphiptere AT LEAST twice a day, so I'm not sure I'd recommend it as a good camp. It has a huge area it flies around in (it'll even aggro people by the arbiter), and the safest corner only has two spawns in it, so you're forced to go somewhere else if you want to keep your chain up.

I tried that once, and got killed by demons, let alone the dragon that patrols the area.
 Valefor.Grozny
Server: Valefor
user: Grozny
By Valefor.Grozny 2010-07-01 10:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than a crappy 30 min Promy-dem party, and a decent KRT party I did it all at the cointeach/imp camp at Nue tower.

I did a few different parties here at Nue tower.
1: Blu, Blu, Blu
2: Blu, Blu, Rdm
3: Blu, Blu, Brd, Rdm
4: Blu, Blu, Cor, Rdm

Level sync to 75-76. 75 being the best.

My favorite was Blu, Blu, Cor, Rdm. Had the Cor sub whm, roll refresh/xp and pull for us. We started inside the tower til we cleared some out and then moved outside. From the tower we would roam around from (F-7) - (F-8) - (G-8) going back and forth from the tower area and the imp area.

I really like this camp, its not over populated like other areas and it's easy enough to make a 4 person party. The only times I saw that it was popular was during JP time. During NA time only other ppl I would see there were the random solo/duo JPs.

Such a great place for Blus.
The cointeaches are a nice change from Imps, save a lot of money on echos.
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2010-07-03 15:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i was a main healer as a blu/whm or /rdm in a few pts , magic fruit is a pretty good healing spell. don't get me wrong i love to fight but i'd take xp figthing or healing.
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2010-07-03 15:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

also to add you could go to low lvl areas with ep and decent challenge and maybe even duo just spam kill as much as you can xp adds up.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-04 00:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Just get a party. Make your own, thats what I did.
I agree with the above statement.

Quote:
I level sync to 54 and did 77 to 80 on colibri.
Quote:
unless you really wanna cap skills while lvling, which you can just do after you hit lvl 80.
GIMP! D:

<3
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-04 13:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to Azouph Isle Staging point last night just to see what killing imps would be like for exp at 79. I got up to the tunnel with the leeches and ran out of imps at chain 8, still had ~130MP left after a resisted magic hammer though. Exp was only 172 per kill after chain 5 (I think I got one that must have been a higher level and got me ~200ish) and it took ~10 minutes. So assuming you can chain endlessly (which I'm sure I couldn't, probably chain 10-11 would be max) that works out to about 9k an hour. So yeah, kinda meh.