Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing too stellar yet.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-27 23:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

but they are both sets in dual wield and double att i believe...which is worth setting just for that if you don't want to /nin
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-28 09:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about Blazing Bound yet, but Acrid stream is so so. The 10% Mdef down makes it well worth the use if you're in a magical nuking situation though.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2010-06-29 12:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I used leafstorm and acrid stream in lowmaning Krabkota. I went as BLU/THF, but figured I'd play around with them. I was missing my yagit gages (which would have boosted my damage a bit), but I THINK I was getting +230 or so damage, per leafstorm with NQ staff (I forget acrid stream's damage). I need some more INT gear though. It seemed pretty consistent damage though, and had little troubles getting off leafstorm compared to acrid stream, because we were using terrain pathing to kite nuke him. Sometimes it did 0 though because of the stoneskin he has on him. I think leafstorm had a range of about 15', while acrid stream has a much smaller range. It's not stellar damage at all, unless you pack on more INT, and use convergence maybe.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-07-17 17:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this topic instead of making a new one. Any word on whether these two are useful?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-17 17:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Not sure about Blazing Bound yet, but Acrid stream is so so. The 10% Mdef down makes it well worth the use if you're in a magical nuking situation though.
^, though the range is really small (7-10'?) so if you're kiting you may struggle to land it. Haven't been impressed with Blazing Bound.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-07-17 18:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least one of them is useful for something other than a Job Trait. Thanks for the confirmation, was really hoping Blazing Bound would be a new nuking spell. Ah well.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-17 19:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed Blazing Bround did identical damage to Regurgitation. This was on Ulli, was 396 I think when unresisted.. Can anyone else confirm?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-17 19:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick test outside Windurst had my Regurgitation doing slightly less from the front after factoring out MAB (more from the back); did not have MDB trait set nor any MDB gear equipped. Everything was the same except the staves.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-17 22:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quick test outside Windurst had my Regurgitation doing slightly less from the front after factoring out MAB (more from the back); did not have MDB trait set nor any MDB gear equipped. Everything was the same except the staves.

I just realised that I have NQ fire staff and HQ Water, and that was the only difference. Does a 5% lower Regurgitation seem about right?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-17 22:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as far as range goes, I did some reasonably thorough testing on leafstorm and acrid stream, including casting range and aoe range, which is all listed on wiki. I didn't bother with blazing bound, since I pretty much disregarded the spell as soon as I heard it had MDB modifier... I'll have a play in a bit though anyway, see if I can't get some sort of half decent damage out of it, and also test those ranges.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-17 23:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I just realised that I have NQ fire staff and HQ Water, and that was the only difference. Does a 5% lower Regurgitation seem about right?
4.54% difference brings it within ~5 points of my results as I recall, so yes.

Didn't see that range data on wiki last time I checked, thanks for the precise values Blazza.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-18 02:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, shouldn't have bothered testing, it's pretty crap. Casting range (21.4) is about the only thing that almost saves it. With saline coat you can push it above regurgitation damage, but for damn near twice the cost, well, more than twice the cost including saline coat. Only use I can see is if you're nuking something thunder based that's going to resist regurgitation but not this. But even then, Firespit is a fraction more MP and does more damage naked. But then Firespit benefits from MAB and Regurgitation, where Blazing Bound does not, so even in that scenario it's something you should only use as runner up if you have a billion mp refresh.
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-07-18 02:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does blazing bound also add the burn effect like when used against you? Might push the total dmg up abit more.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-18 02:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

nup, it's not even aoe.