Forum » FFXI » General » kindness?
kindness?
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-01-04 07:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i always see topics about people being bashed for doing stupid crap....is there any about people doing acts of kindness ?....
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-01-04 08:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to nominate Xarchangel of Gilgamesh for an award for kindness :),despite the fact I don't know him he helped me and my duoing partner to complete our G1 a few weeks ago,he took time out of his own gaming to solo the Explosures for us,all he asked for in return was a tele to Dem.It would be great if there were more people around like that!
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2009-01-04 08:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you :)
 Siren.Facet
Server: Siren
user: Facet
By Siren.Facet 2009-01-04 12:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, this seems like a good place to do this --
I just want to call attention to a lot of people who have been incredibly friendly and helpful to me. This isn't in reply to a specific act of kindness from any single one of the following people; there are just too many to count. I just want to let these people know that I appreciate everything they do with/for me on a regular day-to-day basis. Also, there isn't any particular order to this list -- I <3 all you goons equally.

Renaux, Xxam, Endi/Eialune/Amrit/Xiaoxai/<legs> -- where to begin? These guys have suffered through countless deaths while I march them to the far corners of vana'diel, which invariably ends with us getting agg'd by every mob possible and, more often than not, face-down and trampled.

Frostmourne -- a <long time> buddy who has always been there to listen to me vent, chat with me on MSN, and has occasionally gone above and beyond to help me get pieces of gear I occasionally fixate on for no reason.

Sturyko (RIP) -- taught me how to get my <cat> *** organized... ran the first shell I did Salvage with, and patiently explained how and where I was screwing up.

Firewall (a.k.a. <Galka><meat>) -- our paths have diverged as of late, but a lot that I know about the game, I learned from him as we got our *** handed to us together.

While I don't want to have a 2-page post, there are a lot of others who have been upright, friendly and honorable citizens of Siren who deserve mention as well:
Nicknick
Trusti
Sethvir
Straxx
Falkinn
Destructiveplum
Futen (sick of shall shells yet?)
Kitfox
Grendelprime
Darkmike/zack/matt/leonard (thanks for the great LS and the help you guys are so quick to provide)
All members of Aequitas, Rapture, and TheDarkAkatsuki

You guys are the reason for playing -- thank you so much for what you all do.

~Facet
 Shiva.Stunx
Server: Shiva
user: Bungie
By Shiva.Stunx 2009-01-04 12:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

cute
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-01-04 12:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kharma and Kravenov. Best 2 friends i've ever had on this game in my past 6 years. Extremely helpful and nice people. Funny too =P
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-06 04:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My old room mate Lyriane basically taught me the game and taught and showed me things that some veterans don't know. He was a big help for me especially during maat fight and doing random things to make some money.
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-01-06 06:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave a 30-something drk 15k for no other reason than he told me he was broke
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-01-06 09:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

kindness brings kindness

2 something years ago, when i started on gilgamesh someone gave me a push.

To this day i still do that same thing to everyone i see getting started. in the same way it was done to me, kindof a tribute to that help i got.

I could say the same for the subjob quest.

So be kind because that kindness might just multiply by so many ppl.
 Pandemonium.Weisheng
Server: Pandemonium
user: Weisheng
By Pandemonium.Weisheng 2009-01-06 09:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have met more stuck up people on Pandy than kind people. If you see someone with nice gear, send them a /t saying "nice gear" and they just ignore you. I see people /sh for help with stuff and most just want a Gil reward for helping. This isnt from my personel experience because I have every mission in this game comeplete besides a few assults still but I <3 to help others. Its a good way to make friends.

The act of kindness rarely occures. a few months ago I was soloing Despot on BST and was doing a good job at it. I know loldespot but hey, its an easy way to XP + 400k for Gem of the West. I had Despot to 47% then an LS shows up and kills all the birds. Basically MPK'd me, stole Despot and then wouldnt even raise me. Last week I seen a group killing Despot and wiped. They had a NIN, SAM and a WHM. The NIN and SAM where part of the group to MPK me. I finished off Despot and gave them the Gem of the West since they did pop the NM. I am not sure if this is an act of kindness or stupidity on my part.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-01-06 10:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Weisheng said:
I am not sure if this is an act of kindness or stupidity on my part.

I guess we would have to say both, right? ;)

I think its very cool you maintain faithful to yourself :D cause even an act of kindness you have to do it for yourself ;)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Courtney
Server: Garuda
user: Courtney
By Garuda.Courtney 2009-01-06 11:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

There were a few people who, when I first started the game, saw I was new and helped me out either financially or in the gear department. This still inspires me to help people I see who are new in whatever way I can, because without their help I would have had a much harder time in the beginning, and gotten a lot more frustrated. It really made my first times playing feel like so much fun.
 Bahamut.Danagon
Server: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-01-06 14:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodlustzero the guy who i could talk to about anything! and still to this day i take him as my brother!
 Kujata.Ryuuske
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Ryuuske 2009-01-06 14:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, nice thread. I'd like to call attention to DaWyrm of Kujata. He was the first person who ever helped me, the leader of the first Ls I ever had, and still to this day, helps me out when I need it. I meet a lot of nice people throughout my day-to-day adventures, so there are many nice and kind people that play.

I think I'll just drop a few names.
DaWyrm, Desipio, Spliffisto, Bombtoss, Zaphod, MysticXi, Princessice, Smush, and so many more. All of Kujata server.

Thanks guys for being there for me.
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-06 16:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My turn! :-D
I'd like to thank:
Jeewee and Jerriblank- because as the Officers for my LS, they are the sole reason we are doing well and haven't broken up.

Moiraine/Gregalen/Arkan- Because, even though he's tough, yells a lot, doesn't play favorites and can be VERY stubborn... he's a fair Dynamis linkshell leader(so few of those) and he's the kind of person that would stop everything to come help any friend that needed it.

And my whole Sky/Sea Linkshell - because even though we have had ups (kirin TP burn in 50 seconds) and downs (wiped on Faust, despot and others), we have stayed together and the members act honorable and help other LSs too.

Thanks!
~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-01-06 17:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay shameless plug time.

Normally I wouldn't nominate myself but I will. The only reason being because a few months ago I died in campaign and someone shouted to have me raised. It was the shout that got me as it seemed a gesture I did had an impact on the character (TBH I cannot remember the guy that shouted for my raise but thank you). Every campaign/beseiged I look for anyone KO'd and raised. During the city attacks, I raised or cured randomly w/o tags when I was passing through. Sometimes I even swapped to RDM or PLD to raise and warp out.

Also. a huge THANK YOU to Arizonafrost, Jazlyn, Journey, Nicho (TL), Saarek (TL), Dene(TL), Alyx (TL) and DW (ChaosRising Dyna). You have all made the game enjoyable and taught me alot. One day I shall have a 75 and Maats Cap (Aiming for 09!)

A HUGE Thank you to my girlfriend. Who became my friend IG and we later grew into something more IG and IRL. If it wasn't for her I would have left a long time ago.

And lastly, to anyone who has ever offered a kind comment to me (like Bitwarrior on my tanking ability vs a Merited emnity Character). /cheer!
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-06 18:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

"kindness brings kindness"

Yah i kinda think ingame karma is for real, one time i gave this noob begging for gil 100k, then immediately after i made a communion earring +1 and 2 triump earrings 3/6 synths, no lie.